Neverwinter Forest through fen damp and glade deep
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
All Welcome 
There was no turning back now, he told himself.

Though he had been uncertain for a spell, there was little to deny that Hydra was certainly with child. It rose in him a dilemma he had not faced before, a situation that was so delicate that he was not at all sure what to do with it. As tempers had flared and simmered now on the mountain, he divided his time carefully even on a day such as this to depart it. To once more clear his mind and gather his thoughts from the storm that was rolling, and the ones to come after it. The uncertainty there was far greater, but not quite as troubling as the newest development in his own ventures.

Of course, he wasn't sure what it was that he expected. Their end goal had been obvious and clear cut from the beginning. She wanted children and he had been forthcoming in handing the opportunity over to her, scarcely thinking of what it would mean for him. His own end goals in this were just as self-serving; if he could not make a station for himself then he would apply pressure where he sought, gently turning the frail tide in his favor until his opportunity presented itself. @Hydra aspired these same ideals, these lofty goals, but he found that children would surely complicate such a thing.

The thick canopy of the forest was appropriate for the day; the rains had come again and with it a rush of warmer weather that would benefit them all. He lurked the old wood with no reason for being there, instead no longer moving to clear his head but entertain the future. This train of thought presented the featured stops of unease and concern—he once again recalled Yami and her scathing words to her brothers, remarking how they only did their father's bidding. He recalled the tension of the mountain again, of Charon's obvious deceit, and the fallout in its wake. It should have been enough to spur a lesser man into fleeing, but he would not. He would not let himself be shaken or run off, not at all like his father.

A crow called somewhere in the depths, but he did not hear it.

open for all. tags for visibility.
33 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Boy these woods were dark. It was kind of cool actually. The grey male trotted his way through the woods, tail high in a rhythm with every step as he made his way through with no course of action in thought. Every now and then his thoughts wandered to the end of the berry season... oh how he looked forward to forgetting a whole new summer.

Until then.. his attention was drawn onto someone new. A male who seemed to have a lot on his mind. Davit immediately knew what to do. Go bother the piss out of him and cheer the fellow up! Quickly he approached, trying to just nudge the man with his shoulder.. but with all the excitement Devit had, it may have come off more of a body slam more than anything. Oi! What's the matter ol chap huh? Whats got ya so glum?

Clearly he was great at cheering other up. A natural.
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
He may not have heard the crow, but he heard the swift approach of footfalls against the earth. There were no other warnings that he could have picked up on in that flash of moments than that, and he scarcely had enough time to turn his head before he felt another body collide with his own. It was nothing more than a glance, just enough to knock him off-kilter and into a stagger; it was hardly threatening though he felt the rise of his hackles along his shoulders and spine in bewilderment. The scent of sun-dried berries accosted him as they parted and a growl worked its way out as he righted his course to a halt.

The wolf may have meant well, but he seemed very much the snake in the grass. An unfamiliar snake, at that. Dirge met his gaze ask he spoke and assessed quickly that he had been watched, at least presumably—long enough that the other had gleaned that he had been more with himself than with the present. It soured his mood further, painted the stranger even more as a snake than previously considered by the time the last word had slipped its way out.

”You're an intrusive sot, aren't you,” he sternly offered in response, and in warning.

thanks for joining!
33 Posts
Ooc — Noki
As he bounced off of the stranger, Devit chuckled, landing back on his feet with only a slight wobble before straightening himself out again. The growl and clear indications that this male was aggravated with what had transpired had went clear over the grey male's head. He turned to face the man, a grin splitting his face as his tail swayed to keep him balanced, struggling so as his posture was a little offkilter. 

Intrusive? That was a big word for Devit... He cocked his head to one side as he tried to think about what it might mean, but as quickly as his head turned, it straightened up again as he forgot all about it. Purposely mind you. He didnt' know what it meant, but he was not about to ask. Pride and all you know. Come on man! It's lonely out 'ere y'know? Come oooon, us boys gotta stick together! Lemme guess... He lifted his paw, pads to the skies as he poised himself to look pensive and then pointed it right at the male as he finished his thought. Gurl problems.

Don't let that bitch bring you down, 'ol uncle Devit is here. Batchelor life is where its at anyway! He totally assumed the situation.. and even further.. assumed he was right.
No problem! Its my first time playing Devit so forgive some sloppyness LOL so far i enjoy this dumbass
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
The lad was dense, that was the immediate realization that clicked next for Dirge. He was absolutely as dense as a rock and as blunt as one too. It was a change up from the standard fare he was normally subjected to, even more so recently with the tossing and turning of heated emotions on the mountain. Dirge couldn't avoid pinching his eyes shut and letting his brow furrow as more words came tumbling about. So much for the solitude. The assumptions could simply draw themselves—he had no desire to correct them and had already begun to look for something of a hasty exit the moment his eyes had opened again.

”Ah, well you see, I'm perfectly capable of keeping myself company,” he started off, looking back the way he came. Seemed reasonable, but somehow he was certain this bloke would follow him to the end of the earth preaching about sticking together. Couldn't go that way. His gaze came back around to his unwanted company. ”But if you are looking to run a counseling session, I'm sure I could direct to you towards someone in greater need than I.” Like the nearest ravine slick from the last rain.
33 Posts
Ooc — Noki
That was, one helluva long blink. Was something wrong with this guys eyes? Oh... oh, Devit thought to himself. Maybe it was the first time he had ever laid eyes on such a devilishly handsome man such as Devit that he could barely believe his eyes!

Oh I'm certain you are. You smell like you 'ave a nice home to go to! A safe place to sleep. He pawed at the pan teasingly, as if they were friends long enough to be so invasive in personal space. Wait... keeping yourself company? You mean, its your private time right now? Not enough tail at home? A sly toothy grin split his face in twine, a childlike smile as if they just discovered something naughty.

Is there someone in need? Are they pretty... tell me, are they sexy. Is it worth my while? playfully Devit winked. Well. Okay I admit. I'm not picky these days. His smile exploded in a chuckle; yes, its been a long long time since he's had any kind of company. Something was better than nothing.
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
The replies turned lewd for a moment and Dirge bit back a response that may or may not have suggested his company wouldn't have known what to do with a lady had one bit him. But at least he was smart enough to discern the things that were true, that Dirge did in fact have somewhere to go, and that he was at least somewhat familiar with the fairer sex. Granted, there really hadn't been time for such tomfoolery with the fallout occurring, but that time would eventually come again. Whether or not he strayed however, was another matter altogether.

But today was not coming to be that day.

Yet it gave him a stage to work from, though a sigh before punctuated the actions he'd take next.

He deflated, letting his head hang as though a chord had been struck too close.

”All right. You're more perceptive than you let on,” he began, figuring out which wheels were best to grease. ”And you've got me there—the season's over so you know how it is, all the women suddenly too good to give you the time of day. You get a taste of the forbidden fruit and you like it, but then they go and wrench it away. Depressing, really,” because after all, he'd been so glum. Wistfully, Dirge let his gaze coast across the scenery to some distant point, words eluding him both in effect and truth.

He continued, trying to sell it genuine in half-truths he could pluck from memory.

”But I'm sure there's always someone in need out there. I used to know a lass from the east. Solid looker, kind eyes and the like. We played our own game of risky business once upon a time before I came out here and now I wish I'd stayed. That's where the good women are, the ones that don't come demanding arrangements and children. Doubt the in-laws are too concerned with the comings and goings either, if you catch my drift.” He let a knavish smile spread thinly to his features. ”Bet a boorish lad like yourself wouldn't have a problem with them, since you aren't picky.”
33 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Of course I am! What was he talking about? Leading on to be? What the hell does that mean?! But as the other male continued to speak, Devit forgot all about his initial insult about being "more perspective than he led on." Heeeeeellll yeah I know what you're talking about, bitches, am I right? 
[Image: 52348f2645fcc1bf128fb0f5b80c7b86.gif]

And that is why you play for both teams my friend, expands your horizons. He speaks as if he was some wise old owl who was giving the best advice this man would ever hear in his lifetime. But as the other continued to talk, Devit was... well. Visibly excited, and wasn't all too embarassed to hide it. 

Well what are we standing around here for lad?! Lets go! Show me the way! Forget those boring women in your pack, lets gooo where the whores are at! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
He took the bait. Dirge smiled.

”Oh I'm afraid I won't be able to go with you, but I can point you in the direction you'll need to go,” he rejoined. ”You see that's the unfortunate downside to the season and the pick of women—the children. Squalling brats at home with their needy mouths to be fed and what not. I learned my lesson a bit late. I'd prefer my hide to remain intact for now.” His smile soured ever so slightly, a faint grimace at discount imitation.

”But I can walk out a ways with you though, if you'd prefer company for a short while,” and hopefully then he thought maybe he'd be rid of him. It likely wouldn't be so easy, but Dirge knew few things in life to be. With a cant of his head, he proposed the silent query of whether they'd kick off together, or separately.
2 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Can just be a quick drop, unless you're down.
Song: <3
"I've got sunshine, on a cloudy day,
When it's cold outside, I've got the month of May.
"
Freedom wasn't really all it was cracked up to be but Teddy was determined to enjoy it. Eventually, he'd try to make his way back home, but for now, he was one with the wild. Most of his time was spent perched up in trees, flirting with flinches and the like, but he did enjoy the occasional flight, paired with some good music.
"I guess, you'd say, what can make me feel this way?"
If there was anything that Teddy missed about being back at home, it was his woman. Oh, Teddy and Joan Parrotgrass, the lovers of the century. Sometimes, he'd wail at the thought of never again feeling her gentle touch or hearing her sweet melodies. 
My girl, he sang, Talking 'bout, my girl. MY GIRL! Below him appeared two bodies, seemingly stationary for the time being. Teddy quickly spotted and landed upon a nearby branch, then choosing to try and get their attention. Hey! he called, hoping to get their attention. What y'all fellas talking about?
33 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Oh he can stay! lmfao! Sorry I'm slow with Devit, still trying to get use to his head space!

I see. You're whipped aren't cha. Poor fella, hard for a man these days to just go and have some fun. The women were always down their throats to do chores and other things that seem so.. boring. What was wrong with just having fun?! You only have one life to live after all! Why not get the best of it while you can!

Oh as far as you can go, point me the way! But if the tits arrive, you're on your own buddy, every man for himself! The last thing he needed was to be dragged into this fella's problems by proximity. Of all things pups as well, ugh, loud and messy - kind of like Devit himself, but he doesn't need any squirmy ball of fluff taking the spot light from him!

Ears pivoted finally as they caught sound of something strange. A musical tone that he hasn't heard of ever before. It was nice. He liked it. His head and legs bounced to the rhythm. Then it spoke, a little bird! What a lovely tune, what a lovely song unlike the jabbering of all the other birds! Fucking! he was right to the point as usual.

Well... bitches, not each other. Unless fella over here has some secrets he hasn't made clear. Wink wink nudge nudge.
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
Yes, yes, he was certainly whipped. Though in all actuality this was true to some degree—he didn't dare risk his stake in the venture that he and Hydra were making, and to wander too far without a word would certainly lose favor with her. He didn't quite fancy that any time soon, nor did he intend to relive the history of his own father by outright abandoning his unborn children. Dirge would return to her, and the mountain in due time.

He simply had to find the right exit... which seemed to be further delayed by the second.

The harsh tones of the bird and its song came gradually and without warning. The bird itself was an eyesore in a rather uniform world such as theirs, what with all its bright colors and maddening song. His brow furrowed once again at the sudden surprises the day seemed to be presenting; perhaps this was the wilderness and its ways of revenge for not answering its siren song.

His counterpart was keen to answer the avian however, saving Dirge from what would have been a much lengthy explanation. He eyed it, skeptical of its intentions and why it would choose to consort with the likes of wolves to begin with. But was it worth investigation? Hardly. He sought to move things along with a side eyed glance to his churlish companion.

”Peculiar thing that is,” he murmured, then picking up, ”but we should make our way along. It's just off this way past the timberline, unless you'd rather pick up conversation with the bird.” And he prayed that wasn't the case as he took a few tentative steps ahead.
33 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Sorry i was waiting to see if Teddy would reply! Devit is about to go inactive so ill post anyway! we can end the thread whenever! Basically Devit will just follow Dirge :P

Well don't you want it coming along? Seems like a fun chum to me. The grey male trotted to keep up with his new companion, toward the promise land of sirens and pleasure with which he promised.

But even if he wanted the bird to do more odd, yet infectious singing, Devit had something else on the mind that was just a little more important than some musical number. The male desire that had to be satiated - even if it was never quite completely satisfied due to Mother Nature having a part to say in it.

He didn't complain however... always ready to go, whenever the moment called for it. Forget the bird, those ladies need some Lovin. With that, he would follow his companion until the ends of the earth if it meant some puss was there waiting for him.
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
”More likely it would scare off your potential new friends,” came his murmur, sotto voce, assuming there really were new friends at the end of the road for him. Dirge had no qualms about moving on then and it seemed neither did his companion; they left the bird to carry on with itself in the trees, whatever calls for attention it may have had to fall on deaf ears.

From there, he did his best to keep the pace steady and the conversation short. It wouldn't take much for him to path find his way out of the woods, and coming out where it began to thin and open up to the plains was his best thought. Send this lad off on an adventure to find something worthwhile that way, away from him. It went a little slower than Dirge hoped it would, but soon the forest became less dense and his gait more even as they neared the fringes.

”If you keep heading out this way, towards the mountains on the other side of the plain, you'll start to find the women I mentioned,” he started up as he slowed to a halt. A knavish smile played at his lips and he once more adopted a wistful look as he looked out over the lowlands. ”I wish I could go a bit further with you, but alas, duty calls and what not. Maybe if I can sneak away for a spell later I'll track you down.” But he wouldn't.

feel free to fade with your last post, or i'll come back and edit this in time to conclude it. thanks for the thread!