Hushed Willows plain white shirt and a skinny black tie
don't leave me here alone
49 Posts
Ooc — Jem
there's a while where he supposes atwood needs to process the question, he gets that. although the answer usually comes to him quick enough, finding out how to express it in words one would understand was the hard part. plus, the soft pitter patter of the rain landing on and weighing down the already drooping leaves was calming to the soft toned boy- he definitely didn't mind having to listen to it whilst awaiting an answer from his brother.

a soft blink is given upon sensing a small shift in the other's demeanour and his pale gaze shifts just in time to catch the earthen boy's grimace. his forehead creases slightly as he blinks up at the pup, he looked like he was in...pain? but then he speaks and curiosity takes over anything else. nods are given as he laps up the words with a silent eagerness, relieved to hear he's not alone with his constant uninentional recallings of the scene. in reality it'd be more concerning if they didn't think about it but how was he meant to know that.

he nods a bit more, chewing subconciously on his lip as he thinks about this for some time. eyes flit back to the ground, studying his paws quietly. atwood hadn't said much about missing mama either but it's a hard question, hence why reif had initally asked it. he'd been hoping to use atwood's answer as a way to figure it out himself if this whole missing thing was what he was meant to feel more of but maybe his brother didn't know either. it's oddly reassuring even if he's come to that conclusion himself with no solid proof. "i..." he begins, voice soft as brows crease. "i see it" he finally gets out, voice although quiet still remaining steady. he looks back to the boy but still never really meets his gaze as he struggles to elaborate. "it's like i'm there again sometimes it's always in my head? i hear the shouting and see the red li- the blood. i don't really like it but it doesn't stop" 

he's not really looking for comfort or anything, doesn't even see that it could be taken that way. he just decides to say it and it's nicer than he'd thought it would be to get it out and it turns out that maybe he's glad to have atwood here right now even if it's more a subconcious thing than him truly realising that his brother's presence means more to him than he knows. a soft sigh breaks free from creamy jaws as he goes on to utter; "i was worried i was.....different" and oh how he was and even the bluntness in which he says this as if he's merely discussing the weather goes to show that but for now knowing that atwood seems to somewhat get it, well that's enough for the little boy as they sit together in the softly falling rain.
Messages In This Thread
plain white shirt and a skinny black tie - by Reif - June 19, 2019, 10:09 AM
RE: plain white shirt and a skinny black tie - by Reif - July 02, 2019, 06:31 PM
RE: plain white shirt and a skinny black tie - by Reif - July 24, 2019, 11:03 AM
RE: plain white shirt and a skinny black tie - by Atwood - August 12, 2019, 06:51 PM