Whitefish River There's not much comfort in this place; I'll keep you safe
I just keep elevating, no losses, just upgrading
159 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Where was he?

All he remembered was falling for the longest time, down and down and down. The pain and the impact of each thud and bounce off the mountain walls. Gradually he had forgotten how long it was that he had been falling. He didn't remember hitting the ground. He never hit the ground, of that much he was pretty sure.

Then he'd been warm and comfortable and without pain again for some time, and now as he came sliding into the world, everything was cold and different. He was distinctly aware of the fact that he was a she now, that much was clear. But the memories, the painful memories of what his own family had done to him and what he had done onto them, they were still so very clearly imprinted in his mind. He wasn't sure if it was betrayal or guilt that was more present in his mind.

Hey, you there, tell me what's going on! he yapped in command, but all that came out of her mouth were complaintful mewls while she was being cleaned and put at a teat. Alright, fine, I'll just eat for now. There was something very familiar about this situation. Something very familiar that he couldn't quite place. Was this - was he - was this what it was like to be born? Was he born again?

Was he... dead?
Was this heaven?
Was this hell?
Was it all a dream?

Was falling from the mountain as the man who had a family, a life, a position and a pack the dream and was this the real life that she had yet to begin?

The little control freak found it hard to figure what was going on, and she hated it. She complained loudly but upon further prodding towards the teat decided that she was hungry anyway. Alright, alright, sheesh, I didn't know you were going to be like that! With a mental roll of her eyes she settled and started to eat. I'll figure out what's going on later. Or maybe I'll simply wake up from this dream soon. After eating she felt rather sleepy. This being born thing rather took a lot of energy, phew. But she wouldn't give in. She'd be damned if she wasn't the last of them all to fall asleep, if at all! Nobody'd told her what was going on yet, after all!
Messages In This Thread
RE: There's not much comfort in this place; I'll keep you safe - by Spica - July 10, 2019, 05:06 PM