2020 Breeding Season Updates
August 29, 2019, 03:20 PM
Indra
Easthollow
Family

Breeding Season Changes!

Hello all! The CM team would like to announce some slight modifications to our breeding season policies. In light of breeding season already almost being around the corner, we’d like to give everyone a heads up and some time to prepare for these revisions to our rules. :)

No applying for Inactive:Approved (or Active:Approved) status with puppy accounts until one day before birth.
You are still more than welcome to register your puppy account and fill out your profile, but you may only apply for approval one day in advance to your birth-date. This will prevent any illicit/illegitimate puppies from slipping through the cracks.

Account approval must be submitted by the puppy’s player.
This was already a rule, but we are just reiterating here – prompts must be filled out by the puppy’s player, not the parent. If you are a parent and do not have a puppy player picked before the time of birth, the account cannot be approved until a player is found. If you are a parent registering the name for safe-keeping, do not put your own account URL in the prompts. Please put “Player Pending”. Please treat this rule seriously - it’s one of the ways we track members in a pack for individual player counts.  

Approved puppies must be reported to CMs by the PMs that approved them.
We now will be keeping an admin-only roster of approved combinations/puppies in our CM forum. Hopefully this new rule will help keep communication clear, and keep everyone on the same page regarding who is approved for puppies, where they are being born, etc. This rule really only changes things for PMs, who now must report puppies approved by them to the CMs. PMs, there are two ways you can alert the CMs to the pairings you’ve approved. You may reply to our “2020 Puppy Registry” thread (that will be posted in Pack Manager HQ at the start of the season), or you may private message the CMs if the litter is secret. The form is as follows and applies to ALL characters including leadership characters. Keep in mind a PM can only approve breeding for a character in their pack - if it is an interpack pairing, the PMs of the other pack must also approve/register the pairing:

Code:
[b]Character[s] approved:[/b]
[b]Number of slots given:[/b]
[b]Names of puppies:[/b]
[b]Pack the puppies will be born in: [/b]
[b]Birthdate:[/b]

Puppies not on our registry at the time of birth will not be considered eligible to be born, period.
PMs, I suggest as a way to CYA, that when you approve puppies for a pairing, you CC the players involved the above PM -- just so it is abundantly clear to players how many puppies they’re approved for. In the event it is an inter-pack pairing, PMs must collaborate with other PMs to ensure both members are PM-approved for puppies. Partial approval / incomplete approval will not be accepted.

We’ve noticed most PM approvals are done in informal exchanges (such as Discord) – for the sake of posterity, we suggest all PMs follow up with players regarding their discussion via PM on the forum, so that it is trackable and easy to prove in case of any conflict.
This rule was not made lightly, and will require that all PMs are up front and clear on permissions given to their respective pack members/players. It also requires PMs to be on their game with sending CMs their approved roster. Hopefully this will prevent any future snafus and keep players and PMs all on the same page.

PPC Puppies now count towards total Puppy Slots.
We discovered there was an inadvertent loophole (okay, I guess all loopholes are inadvertent :P ) last season when it came to PPC puppies and the 8-puppies per pack rule. Starting in 2020, PPC puppies now count towards the total puppy count in a pack, so PMs, keep this in mind when you approve puppy slots. **PPC puppies do not count towards individual member count for pack disbanding purposes, FYI**

Once born, puppy designs, genders, and names are final.
Due to some confusion in the past, we’ve decided to reiterate that puppy designs can’t be redistributed or changed once a birth thread is posted. We understand sometimes things happen and the original player/vision may go to the wayside, but in the instance of an inactive player or a change of ownership, we request players consider placing the puppy on PPC until they find a player, as they can no longer be redesigned or changed after birth.

As a reminder, we suggest everyone refresh themselves with our Guidebook in terms of breeding season – and also check out the FAQ here, for any question you may have that you don’t see answered.

BREEDING SEASON FAQ:
https://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=34259

Any questions, concerns, or comments? Feel free to reply below <3
- CM & ACM Team

now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
August 29, 2019, 08:02 PM
Vaati
Blackfeather Woods
Lanta
Quote:Once born, puppy designs, genders, and names are final.

In regards to names, does this rule include changing the account name to a nickname, shortened version or middle name? Or, is this more along the lines of an adopter cannot change the account name that was decided from like... Robert to Patrick, for no apparent reason. 

(i just want to make sure i understand lol)
August 29, 2019, 08:03 PM
Indra
Easthollow
Family
(August 29, 2019, 08:02 PM)Vaati Wrote:
Quote:Once born, puppy designs, genders, and names are final.

In regards to names, does this rule include changing the account name to a nickname, shortened version or middle name? Or, is this more along the lines of an adopter cannot change the account name that was decided from like... Robert to Patrick, for no apparent reason. 

(i just want to make sure i understand lol)

My apologies! I could have phrased that more clearly for sure.

Once the character is established, you're always free to change the name to nicknames garnered ICly -- it's more along the lines of reinventing the character to something else after it's been born but before posts were made. For instance, Weejay was born "Whisky Jack", but since everyone called her Weejay ICly, I changed it to that shortly after she was born.  Hope that clears things up. <3

August 29, 2019, 08:23 PM
Maegi
Blackfeather Woods
Nona
I have a question about puppy slots I posted in Help Desk before realizing I could do so here. 

https://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=36364

(sorry on mobile so can't copy and paste the whole thing)
August 30, 2019, 09:28 AM
Dragomir
Kaistleoki
Page
Is the number of pups in a litter "locked in" once the PM sends the form?

For example, Daisy and Rocky Road are approved for 2 pups because the other 6 pup slots in their pack are spoken for so that's all they can have. Let's say one of the other approved pairs leaves the pack, leaving 2 pup slots vacant. Can Daisy and Rocky Road add more pups to their unborn litter, pending PM approval, or are they locked at 2 since the form was sent to the CMs with 2 approved pups? In other words, can the number of pups in a litter be altered once it's on the registry?

(Relevant to nothing, adding more pups to litters when pup slots open up in a pack is very common especially for leaders and I'm curious on the logistics with the new form process.)

Thread titles from Boats and Birds by Gregory and the Hawk.
August 30, 2019, 09:58 AM
Indra
Easthollow
Family
(August 30, 2019, 09:28 AM)Dragomir Wrote: Is the number of pups in a litter "locked in" once the PM sends the form?

For example, Daisy and Rocky Road are approved for 2 pups because the other 6 pup slots in their pack are spoken for so that's all they can have. Let's say one of the other approved pairs leaves the pack, leaving 2 pup slots vacant. Can Daisy and Rocky Road add more pups to their unborn litter, pending PM approval, or are they locked at 2 since the form was sent to the CMs with 2 approved pups? In other words, can the number of pups in a litter be altered once it's on the registry?

(Relevant to nothing, adding more pups to litters when pup slots open up in a pack is very common especially for leaders and I'm curious on the logistics with the new form process.)

Yes, the number can be altered once the approved pair is already on the registry. The PM just needs to update us to the change. Updates must be sent in before the birth thread or date.