Blacktail Deer Plateau PACKTIVITY β€” Then the quiet explosion
<font size=1>Still I'm pinned under the weight<br>Of what I believed would keep me safe</font>
80 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
Kaihra found herself distracted as Peregrine adjourned the meeting, her mind churning to calculate a plan of her next steps. She would take her time to process Peregrine's news and articulate her suspicions into more than suppressed fears. Then she would raise her concerns - but not to Peregrine. Kaihra did not want second-hand knowledge of another wolf's worth. Though her hardened heart resisted, Kaihra knew she would need to speak with Fox herself. Only once she assessed this fiery she-wolf on her own terms could she judge if she she stood worthy of her new position - if she stood worthy at all.

But for now she would hold her peace as best she could until the hunt was over. Kaihra neither liked nor trusted Peregrine's decision, but she would not lose sight of the loyalty she had sworn to her packmates when she had first joined the wolves of the Plateau. Pack was life, and despite her misgivings of the recent turn of events, she would act for their benefit. Her legs felt stiff as she stood from the ground and she pushed back the wariness that crawled like maggots under her fur. When she realized Peregrine had spoken out again, he had already begun to trot into the forest with his family at his heels.

Kaihra glanced at the faces of those still around her and realized again how little she knew of those she called pack. She felt a flash of heat and, for a fleeting moment, wondered if she could even trust them, but she bit back the thought before it could take root. With a ruffle of her fur, she shook herself back to reality and forced her stubborn legs to move until she fell in place amongst the departing hunters.
[size=x-small]
So show me where by armor ends,
Show me where my skin begins.
[/size]
Messages In This Thread
RE: PACKTIVITY β€” Then the quiet explosion - by Finn - August 02, 2014, 07:13 PM
RE: PACKTIVITY β€” Then the quiet explosion - by Rina - August 03, 2014, 11:48 AM
RE: PACKTIVITY β€” Then the quiet explosion - by Kaihra - August 06, 2014, 10:35 AM
RE: PACKTIVITY β€” Then the quiet explosion - by Kisu - August 06, 2014, 10:44 AM
RE: PACKTIVITY β€” Then the quiet explosion - by Finn - August 06, 2014, 08:43 PM
RE: PACKTIVITY β€” Then the quiet explosion - by Rina - August 08, 2014, 02:00 PM
RE: PACKTIVITY β€” Then the quiet explosion - by Pura - August 10, 2014, 02:02 PM
RE: PACKTIVITY β€” Then the quiet explosion - by Finn - August 11, 2014, 09:41 PM
RE: PACKTIVITY β€” Then the quiet explosion - by Kisu - August 12, 2014, 01:12 PM