Firestone Hot Springs Hakuna Matata
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He could feel her growing increasingly more frustrated with how overprotective he was lately; it was exponentially worse that before he had lead the rest of the family to their death. But even though he knew how it made her feel, he just couldn't keep himself from doing it. He was afraid every second of every day that something would happen to her if he wasn't vigilant in keeping her safe. His fear even penetrated his dreams at night, preventing any sleep he managed to get from actually being restful. Not that he got much sleep anyway; even when he tried, he usually just ended up staring at the sky lost in anxious thoughts or watching Lainie sleep while silently drowning in his tremendous grief. 

Her comment pulled him from his thoughts, hurt burning in his chest, although he tried not to let her see; he knew she didn't mean it. She was just frustrated with him. God he wished Rosalie was here, or Alessia. Just someone to help him deal with this devastation. He scolded himself for the thought as quickly as it had risen in his mind; he wouldn't wish this on them. He'd much rather offer himself to bring all of them back and let them go on living their lives. At least then they would have a life, and Lainie wouldn't be tethered to him by guilt and grief. Look, I'm sorry things have to be this way. It's just really dangerous right now, and I need you to be safe. He wasn't honest with her about how he was feeling or why he was smothering her, falling back into his old habit of keeping his pain hidden so that his loved ones wouldn't worry. He needed her to worry about herself, not him and his shit.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
Hakuna Matata - by Lainie - November 06, 2019, 08:20 PM
RE: Hakuna Matata - by RIP Kavik - November 08, 2019, 04:40 PM
RE: Hakuna Matata - by Lainie - November 08, 2019, 05:51 PM
RE: Hakuna Matata - by RIP Kavik - November 08, 2019, 07:18 PM
RE: Hakuna Matata - by Lainie - November 08, 2019, 09:18 PM
RE: Hakuna Matata - by RIP Kavik - November 13, 2019, 11:10 PM
RE: Hakuna Matata - by Lainie - November 14, 2019, 01:06 PM
RE: Hakuna Matata - by RIP Kavik - November 14, 2019, 08:27 PM
RE: Hakuna Matata - by Lainie - December 17, 2019, 03:44 AM
RE: Hakuna Matata - by RIP Kavik - December 27, 2019, 01:07 AM