Emberwood Caught in a landslide of emotions.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
His gaze tracked her movement as she took a step back, and a pang of guilt tightened his chest. Their first meeting seemed to still be affecting the woman, and he although he didn't regret any actions he took to protect his daughter, he did regret making her feel like she had to fear him now that they were somewhat familiar with each other. She seemed nervous as she spoke, her words jumbled and unsure; it was not something he was used to. He was used to being respected not feared, and he wasn't sure how much he liked the reaction he incited in the wolf who was supposed to be his leader. But learning to trust all of these new packmates was an adjustment for him, so he imagined it was the same thing for her. She already knew the other members more than he did, obviously, but that didn't mean there was any level of trust between them. 

In the hope of easing her discomfort, he concentrated on releasing any tension still left in his muscles and relaxing his expression. He dipped his head in gratitude at her question. Things are...hard right now, but that's not at all your fault. If anything, she had made things as easy as they could be right now. No one could rush the grieving process, though, and he wasn't sure there was anything she could do about that. We're settling in fine, though. Thanks for asking. I can't think of anything specific that we need, but I'll let you know if I think of something. He glanced around. He wanted to continue talking, find out what it was that made her seek him out assuming this was more than just a check in, but he was reluctant to stay still too long; staying busy kept his mind from drifting to things he'd rather not think about. Would you mind if we patrolled while we talk? Not too far from here in case Lainie calls for me, but around the area? Patrolling was something familiar, something he had always used to help him deal with his anxieties; maybe it would help ease things between them, too.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 18, 2019, 09:13 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - November 19, 2019, 12:02 AM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 19, 2019, 12:27 AM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - November 19, 2019, 01:41 AM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 21, 2019, 01:00 AM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - November 21, 2019, 02:07 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 24, 2019, 05:28 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - November 26, 2019, 07:21 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 26, 2019, 07:42 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - November 26, 2019, 08:51 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 27, 2019, 01:34 AM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - December 10, 2019, 01:16 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 11, 2019, 05:50 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - December 27, 2019, 02:08 AM