Wapun Meadow I know more than I knew before
84 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
she jerks her head back again, throwing her body weigh in the same direction. for a moment, it seems to budge, but then she's coughing and hacking all over again. panting, she tries to other direction, sideways this time. again, the same results, but when her teeth manage to catch her tongue between them and the metallic taste of her blood fills her maw, she pauses, sizing up the situation anew. 

the problem lies in the collar around her neck, more specifically, the foot-long piece of leash still attached. it, currently, is wedged tightly between two trees, one fallen and leaning on the other, after the wolfdog had tried to sleep beneath the fallen one. panting, she wiggles a paw onto the leash, pressing down carefully as the collar tightens around her neck. that seems to be stuck, but the leash—she's well aware that it can come off. she just doesn't know how.
2 Posts
Ooc —
Meadow unfolds before him and there's something about the way it has been blanketed in snow that draws him further in, paws carrying him away, away, away and suddenly he is lost behind wintry blindfolds as snow begins to cascade from pallid sky. Gunari whirls around, entranced by flakes that now dust murky fur, spinning in circles and kicking up snow all around him, childish and playful -- as always, his naive self.

In his whirling, he sees a silhouette off in the meadow situated between some trees. Curiosity gets the better of him and he stops his twirling and whirling and trots towards the figure, stout legs moving quick as they could carry him.

As he nears, her details fill in and he sees that she's a wolf -- but not exactly. There's something off about her. And she's pulling, yanking, doing something that confuses him. He sees her neck, something trailing off of it, and stops a few yards away with his tail lowered. Submissive, quiet -- "Wh... what's that around your neck?" The words stumble from his jaws like a toddler, barely able to walk amongst the snow.
84 Posts
Ooc —
she tugs again, sharply, and a yelp escapes her as she falls against the collar, which cuts sharply into her neck. scrambling, she regains her paws, neck smarting, in time to notice the approach of a stranger. she stops abruptly, tail wagging her friendliness despite the relative stress of being stuck here. 

"It's, um, a collar. I think." that's what the others had told her, at least. she brightens, somewhat, as she realizes the stranger could be a help here. "this bit, the longer part, comes off. I just can't get it—can you help?" a smile punctuates her sentence as she places a paw against the lead, expression hopeful.
2 Posts
Ooc —
He hears the yelp and jumps mid-walk before continuing. The crunch of snow is all that fills his ears for a moment before she speaks, gesturing to the thing at her neck -- a collar. He has no inkling of what that means or entails.

The longer part -- she says it comes off and Gunari cocks his head and looks at it, wondering how. "Well, let me try," he says, quickly moving forward and taking up the thing in his mouth closer to the collar, pulling at it, not bothering to be gentle while he tugs and tugs until finally it comes apart, falling into the snow like a snake.
84 Posts
Ooc —
he steps forward willingly, and she strains against the collar once more to offer him a better look at the thing. "I think—" well it doesn't matter, really, because he's already tugging at the tattered red cord, and the tightening of the collar around her neck is enough to cut off the rest of her sentence. 

auds flatten, a little alarmed, but she decides to go with it. he does seem to be her only chance at the moment, anyways. she hears distinctly the rasp of metal on metal when he readjusts his grip, a brief leap at the familiar sound. and then she's free, abruptly, but does not wait to see the lead hit the ground. she leaps sideways, clear of the trees, and in her excitement runs one, two, tight circles. 

she steps lightly back towards the male, tail wagging a staccato beat behind her as she reaches up to plant a kiss on his cheek, an easy "thank you!" on her lips