Jade Fern Grove i hope the roof flies off and we get blown out into space
i'm a stitch away from making it
and a scar away from falling apart
66 Posts
Ooc — suledin
All Welcome 
for @Ridgeback, kinda going for a naturalist angle with jaime but it should end up working for scout too!
he can't stop thinking about the boy he'd met the other day, the one who looked like sunlight and smelled like flowers. he's gone now, but the flowers are still around, at least. a bittersweet reminder — at least until their next meeting. he's certain they'll see each other again.
he finds a large patch of flowers than the one pheiros had taken his victims from, enough for the small coywolf to curl up in. surrounded by flowers, he feels almost like a princess. he stretches out, grasping the stem of a purple-petaled flower and pulling it away to clumsily tuck in his neck fur. it stays, miraculously, and his attention drifts after a moment. he notices the beginnings of snow falling through the trees, faster by the moment now that he's really looking. another heavy snowfall, then. he sighs, wondering if it'll ever get warmer. maybe they've stumbled into some perpetually-snowy hell. at least there are a few flowers around now.
jaime is extremely expressive; other characters are welcome to notice any emotion referenced in his posts.
i am ruination
64 Posts
Ooc —
the emerald ferns of the grove, broken with moss and olive greens, and apple reds begin to look powdered with the snowfall as ridgeback paces thru them, pausing only to nibble at his foreleg as the leafy fronds tickle. a frown is cast at the darkening sky and ridgeback makes the abrupt decision to seek shelter in the shadows of the tall, thin sentinel trees despite his reservations of how much shelter they will actually offer.

enough, it quickly becomes evident.

it is the exploration of this curious land, the chirp of crickets like a woodland symphony, that leads him forward and into the heart of the territory where he becomes aware of the other — a flower appearing to be tucked into the fur of his neck. ridgeback gives a start and lets out a low chuff to announce his presence.
i am not ruined
66 Posts
Ooc — suledin
the chuff draws his attention away from the snow, and his cheeks flush a little as he realizes he's been caught by a stranger in the middle of... well, this. a handsome stranger. he rises quickly, flower falling away. oh, um... hi, he swallows, gaze caught for a few moments on his jawline. he wishes he looked like that — maybe he would get more attention. maybe alamar would notice him. attraction and bitter jealousy fill him in equal measures, but the former wins ultimately, and he continues with warm curiosity. are you looking for something?
jaime is extremely expressive; other characters are welcome to notice any emotion referenced in his posts.
i am ruination
64 Posts
Ooc —
ridgeback watches as his chuff does as it is intended and the the blue-eyed boy looks up at him. straying gaze watches as the flower flutters, drifting leisurely down to the ground as the blue-eyed stranger startles to his paws. hello, ridgeback greets in return, a small dip of his head given. it strikes him to be courteous as he had been the one to let out the chuff after all, even if its origins had been more to do with making sure he could pass thru without issue. just shelter, a gesture is given towards the canopy where snow drifts from grey dark sky. don't want to be caught out in a snowstorm.
i am not ruined
66 Posts
Ooc — suledin
he's more than happy to offer help to a good-looking stranger, even if the man inspires no small amount of jealousy as well, so he's pleased to realize he does have something to offer. i know of a place, he says, glancing briefly over his shoulder in the direction as his thoughts drift to it. a hidden cave along the face of the nearby mountain, one he hasn't gotten a chance to show alamar yet. he hasn't visited it much, but he knows it's uninhabited, and a suitable place to stay out of the snow. it's a cave. i could show you, if you're interested? maybe we could... wait out the storm together. a bold invitation, maybe a little too bold considering they haven't exchanged names. i'm jaime, by the way.
i am ruination
64 Posts
Ooc —
ridgeback's gaze follows the stranger's own as he speaks of knowing a place. he further explains that its a cave and ridgeback contemplates it for a moment. he isn't very fond of mountains but it was either be stuck in a snowstorm or deal with the cave for a few hours. maybe, he considers, he'll get lucky and getting to the cave won't involve climbing up the mountainside. yeah, ridgeback responds to the query of his interest. i don't see why not. ridgeback further responds to the invitation. after all, a cave was certainly, surely big enough for the two of them. jaime, he introduces himself as. ridgeback. the ranger offers his own name in return with a charming smile.
i am not ruined
66 Posts
Ooc — suledin
perhaps they have different understandings of the offer, but for now, jaime doesn't see any reason to question it. nice to meet you, ridgeback, he offers a shy smile, not unlike the way a smitten high school girl would smile at the college football player she's been crushing on for weeks. jaime has never been all that great at hiding his feelings. he beckons for the male the follow him, turning to lead him toward the cave. upturned nose dips toward the ground briefly to get a feel for the area and its various smells again, cotton-ball tail wagging a little. the cave isn't too far, and thankfully easily accessible from forest level; he just hopes he can find it again quickly.
i am ruination
64 Posts
Ooc —
same. ridgeback returns the sentiment with a dip of his head, fiery orange gaze studying the shy smile jamie offers him. a small cant of his head is given but he tucks away his curiosity as he is beckoned to follow. a last glimpse 'round their surroundings is given — a soldier's habit — before he follows after jamie as he leads the way to the cave. the blind way in which ridgeback trusts jamie not to lead him into a trap is enough to spark some question within the ranger but he dismisses it quick as it comes; snuffing out that spark before paranoia can overtake him. gaze flits across the landscape as they travel, attempting to imprint the grove's layout into the mental map he was creating of this place. you been here long? asks ridgeback in an attempt to keep casual conversation going.
i am not ruined