Firestone Hot Springs it’s actually pretty easy being nice to a bitter boy like him
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
All Welcome 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: dead body/gore

Phillip didn't want to leave Neverwinter for a second. Something bad was going to happen to him again, he felt it. But that was only part of him that wished to stay. The other part, small yet loud, scolded him for cowering in the woods when his friend could be out there and hurt just like him.

Reluctantly, he made his way towards the hotsprings. This was the last place he had saw Alarian before they joined Neverwinter. Perhaps the universe would grace him with his lost friend's presence. What the universe gave him was worse than he could ever imagine.

There was a hotspring that stuck out from the rest, it's water was stained pink. When he came closer, all he could smell was death. And then he saw the body; it was soaked from head toe, the stomach was torn wide open. Nothing was recognizable, save for the face. It's a face he would never forget.

That body is the man.

Oh m-m-my g-od- The stammering was cut off by sobs, then a scream, then more sobs. Phillip stumbled back, tripping over his legs in the process. When he fell he couldn't get up. His muscles were locked in place.
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

not sure about the outcome of the acceptance thread so imma stay super super vague

She lingered. Without the heart to venture far from the territory her daughter now called home. No, not her daughter… She thought grumbling with herself at the lapse, my son. She conceded, nodding to herself and murming ‘son’ into the ground.

Rosalie returned to the hot spring where she original met Mal. There was a bundle of herbs she had forgotten to grab in her haste. The properties of which would help Zephyr and … Kratos… recover.

The resonating sound of a scream startled the French woman. Flinching violently, her ears pulled forward and her eyes widened. Taking off in a run toward whoever had made that sound. “Mon Dieu!” The thin frame of a young man huddled away from one of the springs. Casting a wary eye on the surrounding area, finding nothing she turned to her nose. Taking a good whiff Lie’s nose quickly crumpled. What a repulsive smell.

Taking hesitant steps toward the youngster, Rosalie called out with a whisper, very aware of her volume and potential danger around. “Hey… you ok? What happened?” She was dying to investigate that smell, but wanted to make sure he was alright first.

1/5
5/5
~ i haven't played that song since my wife died ~
lie can be pp'd by anyone listed as family on her profile

"common", "french" 1/5 posts
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Phillip buried his face into his fur as best he could. He didn't, couldn't, look at him again. This must be a dream. He can't be back here, so close to the saftey of the forest. But he was. He's lying there, eyes still open. Maybe he wasn't really dead, because who would die in such a gruesome way? He was just waiting for the perfect opportunity to hurt him again. When he did, Phillip didn't want to see what was coming.

But he has to look up, because someone was here with him. He peeked over his shoulder, towards the water, before cowering again.

He-he's here. He's not s-supposed to be here. His chest began to clench up and his breathing grew more rapid. H-he's gonna hurt me again.
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

Confusion clouded her features at his response. Lie’s gaze narrowed, and she pulled her head back and confused frown drawing her brows together. Looking over in the direction he had glance, Lie swallow thickly at the source of the stench. Approaching cautiously.

The red tinge of the water, and repulsive visual for the stench. Danger screamed in her chest, and the body was gruesome. The remnants of a wolf, it’s once brunette pelt matted and dirty. Stopping suddenly, and whipping her head away, “Ugh.” A gasp of disgust fell from her lips.

Turning away quickly Lie headed back to the young man. “Hey it’s ok. He’s dead. He can’t hurt you.” A Lie frowned at the crying dark boy. “It’s ok.” She did her best to sooth him in the only way she knew how, using her mothering skills. “Hey.. I’m Rosalie. Can you tell me your name? Her last hope was to distract him.

1/5
5/5

268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
It's ok.
No it's not.

He's dead
No he isn't.

No matter how far Phillip goes, the man will always be there to haunt him. Whether that be in one piece or strewn about in water. The memory was alive and well in his mind. That will always hurt him.

It's ok.
It's not. It will never be ok.

His breathing grows short and more rapid. It was hard to get his name out. Still, he managed to do it. Phill-Phill. I-it's Phillip.
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

Phillip, Rosalie nodded softly glad he could answer her question. It was easy to find the linger scent of Neverwinter Forest on his pelt, and she sent an I in the direction of their territory. Still wary to be so close. “Hmm..” She hummed to herself, thinking about what she should do to help the yearling.

“Hey why don’t I walk you back to the Forest.” It broke her heart to see the young man in such a state. It didn’t seem like long ago when she would have ignored him, a continued on her way. “Or should I go get Mal?” Surely he would be worried about one of his subordinates being found in such a state. But Lie was hesitant to leave Phillip so close to the body, especially unsure as to what had caused a break down.
1/5
5/5

268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
wanna fade this one out and start a new thread in nwf?

Again someone offers him to return to the saftey of the woods, and again he eagerly accepts. Y-y-yes. Please, I just—I don't— I just wanna go back. Phillip uncoiled himself, making sure not to so much as glance at the body.

When he returns to the woods, whenever that may be, he would never leave again. That is the only safe place, and all he wanted was saftey.
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

sure sounds good to me :)

The yearling was clearly terrified, and Rosalie slowly nodded as he agreed to be walked back. A pitying smile on her lips. "Come on, this way." She indicated with a slight flick of her nose, waiting for him to move first. She blocked the view of the body as best she could, taking slow steps with Phillip back to the woods.
1/5
5/5