Swiftcurrent Creek when you’re down, when you fall
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Private 
aha I have no self control. forward dated to the 19th
@Zephyr

More days went by, still no signs of his guardian. At first Phillip kept a level head. His return was a bit delayed but it was alright! He was probably just doing something important and he'd be back soon. But every night ended up the same. Phillip would wait at the edge of the forest with his little bird for hours and nothing would come of it. His anxiety rose by the day and it soon boiled over. He couldn't just sit and wait anymore. He had to do something.

The journey was, to put it lightly, terrifying. When he traversed unknown lands, Alarian was always by his side so he didn’t worry about anything. Without him, everything was much more scary than before. Every noise sent a jolt down his spine, it was cold, he was starving. It had quickly occurred to him that he hadn't the slightest clue how to hunt.

Twig.., he murmured with in a fluttering tone. I'm hungry, was what he wished to say, but the words died in his throat. He peered at his shoulder to look at the owl, who just silently stared at him. Phillip sighed and sat by the waters edge. His mind began to wander and he thought of Midar. How he called him weak. He was right.
im gonna assume some vague things abt their last meeting for this thread, if you have a problem with anything at any point feel free to dm me <3
From the moment he sets foot in the Creek, he finds himself in a bad mood. He's known all along that it's here, of course; the Emberwood had been a place he enjoyed back when he still lived among his family, so much so that his heart had dropped and become an icy stone in his stomach when he'd realized where his father was taking him. Nothing is worse than remembering the things he'd loved before. Those things only make him sad now.
It's easier to focus on the ice rooted deep in his heart, the place that had frozen solid in the wake of Helios's absence. If he focuses on that, he doesn't feel sad, or anything else — and he's determined to get so good at it that he'll never have to feel anything again. So he's here, fighting his bad mood with every step and grasping for the cold indifference that normally comes to him so easily. All he finds, unfortunately, is a strangely familiar scent.
His tension increases tenfold, and he immediately sets off in pursuit of whoever is disturbing this graveyard of tainted childhood memories. It doesn't take him long to find the boy settled by the water with a bird perched on his shoulder, and the sight immediately draws him to a halt. He opens his mouth, then closes it. I won't be weak, he reminds himself, I won't be a stupid weak kid. He takes a few steps closer. I know you, It takes all his effort to keep his voice level, but he manages it, eyeing the tiny bird warily as he approaches. His stomach rumbles slightly at the sight of it, but he's too intrigued by its proximity to the boy to even consider eating it.
common || « french »
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
The noise made him jump, as all noises did lately. But rather than being filled with fear there is hope. Alarian was the only one who truly knew him, so it must be him! But of course it wasn't. Just a small child just like him. Would he mistake every child he met as his guardian, he wondered? He'd done the same with the Neverwinter boy.

Everyone has been saying that lately and I don't know why. It was just plain weird. How did everyone know who he was while he knew nothing of himself? He was Phillip and he always would be Phillip. The boy that appeared from nowhere with no past. That's what he believed before, he was seriously reconsidering it now.

Who am I? He suddenly stood up and walked towards the stranger. Please, you must tell me.
He jerks a little when the boy jumps, though the movement is slight and nearly imperceptible. He's not used to anyone being scared of him, and he's surprised to find a small hint of pleasure in feeling like he has the advantage for once. The feeling is fleeting, however, extinguished with the other boy's words. Zephyr frowns, taken aback by the strangeness of the statement, and for several moments he's silent — long enough for the boy to ask even stranger questions.
You don't know who you are? Did you forget? His ears fold against his skull as he speaks, gaze drifting to the hairless patch on the other's head as he steps closer. Did you hit your head? He remembers his mother telling him a story about a man who had hit his head, and forgot who he was. He was crazy after that, she'd said, and useless, so the pack kicked him out and he died. He casts a suspicious glance at the bird again, wondering if this boy is crazy and useless now too. He doesn't look crazy or useless, though...
common || « french »
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
I-I, um, I dunno. Well of course he didn't forget! There was nothing to forget. Or was there? He certainly didn't remember what Elysome was, not sisters and brothers, mums, dads. And he couldn't recall anyone who claimed to know him. Either the world was in mutual agreement to pull his leg or he had officially gone mad. 

His ears slipped back when the stranger continued. What? I um, I don't remember. Why? Do you know if I did? She had yet to answer his previous question, so maybe that was a possibility.
It looks like you did, He says, a little flustered by the boy's nervousness. He does his best not to let it show as he continues, instead putting his focus solely toward figuring out this confusing situation. On your head. He moves forward suddenly, reaching over to brush his nose lightly against the spot without a second thought (though any protest from the boy would stop him in his tracks immediately).
Regardless, he continues, lingering in the other's personal space if his advance had not been halted, I heard about a guy who hit his head once. He went crazy, and no one wanted to take care of him, so his pack kicked him out and he died, And then he remembers suddenly how this boy had given him food — well, the girl had, but he'd been there, and in the same pack, so it'd been his food too, in a way. So he owes him something, doesn't he? Did your pack kick you out? Do you need someone to take care of you? He regrets asking as soon as it passes his lips, but he does not take it back. He can't take care of him, but maybe his dad could; he'd taken care of far more children before... before. He pushes the thought away quickly, reminding himself that he'd decided he wouldn't be weak anymore.
common || « french »
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Oh, right, his head! To be completely honest he had forgotten it was even there to begin with. It was just sometime he was created with for as long as he could remember. No one had bought it up before, so when the girl pointed it out—even reached forward to touch it[/mdash] he was embarrassed to say the least. O-oh! Yeah, yeah that. rightright... He quickly turned his head the other way to avoid eye contact. 

Before he could say he couldn't remember once again, he was told a little story. He yanked his head towards the girl again, wide eyed. wh-wh-what?! Was he going crazy? Had Alarian pushed him away. Was he going to die?! B-but I don't wanna die!! That horrible story was enough to knock him on rear. 

More questions. I, uh, yes? I mean no! No. Maybe? He took a moment to steady his breath. I already have someone taking care of me but he's missing. I'm trying to look for him.
Guilt flashes through him at the boy's frantic exclamation, and he's quick to try to reassure him, if only to stave off the unfamiliar and entirely unwanted feeling. You're not going to die — But before he can ask him to come back to his father's pack with him, the boy continues. Oh. His own gaze flits away from the boy, silence falling between them for a moment as he reaches for something to say.
I'm looking for someone too, He announces as his gaze turns back to the other, deciding to move on entirely from the awkwardness of his rejected offer. He tells himself it's a rejection, at least, though the maybe echoes in his head for several moments; best not to get his hopes up, he thinks. He amends his statement quickly, though he trails off when he realizes the amount of explaining he'd need to do to finish the statement. Well, I was, until...
common || « french »
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Ah yes, he was more than happy to get off the topic of dying but was this any better? Well this story was much more mysterious for sure. Much too similar to his too. He didn't like how those things mixed. His heart began to race with worry.

Phillip tilted his head curiously, then leaned forward. Until?
Strange how one little word can feel so heavy, like a stone dropping against his rib-cage. The moment he hears it, all else is forgotten. He almost yells at the boy, almost tells him that it's none of his business, that it's rude to pry into the lives of strangers — but then he remembers his promise to himself. Anger and yelling have only ever made him weak, and he is determined to be anything but that.
I don't want to talk about that, When he does speak, his voice is icy but level, far from the shrieks that would normally have marked such an event. His eyes sharpen on the other boy, glaring for a moment before he looks away again. He's almost proud of himself for a moment — until he feels the heat pricking his eyes. Oh no. The air leaves his lungs abruptly. Ugh. He turns his face more, blinking rapidly and hoping to hide the tears until he can get them to go away, but he's certain it's too late. He'd been doing so good, until this stupid boy ruined everything — but he's determined to avoid yelling, so he seethes silently, wishing he was anywhere else.
common || « french »
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
The sudden tone startles him and forces his stomach to drop in his stomach. That reason, that 'until', would've broke him, he's sure of it. But at least that could give him something. A reason as to why Alarian has yet to return. Now he was left as clueless as he was when he got here.

Phillip was surpried to see how the girl looked when she turned back to him, eyes glistening like that. Hey, it's-it's ok. You don't have to talk about it. Let's talk about something else. It was for the best. They both seemed like they were at a breaking point. What about your name? I'm Phillip.
The boy's words only make him angrier at first, but when he suggests talking about something else, relief sweeps over him. He swallows, nodding slightly, but it takes him several more moments to find his voice again. I'm Zephyr, He mutters, suddenly reminded of Cupid. And then, before he can stop it — And — just so you know, I'm not a girl. The words are louder than before, almost a challenge, and he's eager to grasp this feeling of grim defiance, quickly leaving behind the vulnerability he'd felt only seconds before.
common || « french »
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Zephyr, he repeats under his breath, that's a- I'm not a girl. O-oh? Phillip was much to startled by the sudden change of tone to truly process what he's told. But eventually he does get over that initial shock and he's able to think it over.

'm sorry. I didn't know. And now Phillip felt bad for thinking otherwise. Well at least he didn't outright call him a girl. Embarrassment warmed his cheeks again. But I know now.

So maybe introductions weren't the best thing to focus on either. Eager to switch the subject Phillip blurted, I'm hungry. Are you hungry? I am.
The battle he half-expects never comes, and Zephyr finds himself speechless for a moment. He deflates quickly, too shocked by how easily the boy — Phillip — had accepted his assertion to hold onto any of his negative feelings. He swallows again, ears lifting slowly from where they'd been pressed against his skull since the beginning of their interaction.
Phillip's next words draw a shy smile from him, and he suddenly feels encouraged by the other boy's apparent nervousness. I could get you some food, He tells him, tail swaying slightly at the thought of bringing Phillip back to the forest with him. At um — my pack. It's nearby. It feels weird to call it his pack, but he doesn't want to explain why, so he ignores the feeling. Instead he gazes expectantly at Phillip, expression softer now than it had been before their awkward introduction.
common || « french »
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Not once had this boy ceased to surprise him. A smile is the last thing he expects of him, but it's comforting nonetheless, contagious too. The corners of his mouth lifted upwards.

Really? He jumps at the offer, even startling the quiet Twig. He laughed nervously. I mean yeah. I'd like that very much. A visit would halt his quest, but if that meant filling his empty stomach he'd take that chance. And besides, it was much too lonely out here.
fade here & ill start us a new one? <3
He nods quickly when Phillip questions his offer, feeling pleased with himself for offering this boy the help he'd been denied by the pack wolves he encountered. He still can't help but hope to become just as cruel and cold as all those other wolves one day, so he can pay them back every ounce of blood and tears they'd wrung from him — but he isn't like them yet, and neither is Phillip. Phillip is... a friend, maybe.
He's never had a friend before, unless his brother counts, but he knows that friends are supposed to be different. Warm. He isn't even sure he knows how to be warm anymore, but he knows he can try. Let's go, He urges, turning without waiting for a response. He doesn't look back as they leave the Creek behind; he doesn't even think about it.
common || « french »
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
yes plz!

Thinking about food already had his mouth watering, he's gone days without it. But what made him even more happy was the fact that he could spend some time around other wolves. There was company in the forest he had came from, but this was a little different. Phillip didn't know exactly why yet, it just was. He'd happily wallow in this moment of relief. 

When Zephyr turned to leave, Phillip followed close behind.