Moonspear Do a fake dab to smell my armpits, whiff it
128 Posts
Ooc — Kat
All Welcome 
The wolves of Seabolt had surely written her off by now, though Q decided to quit lollygagging and finally make the trip to report back. She would tell them about Sagtannet, of course, but more importantly, she would complete her mission and let them know what she'd discovered about the herds' movements. She let @Wintersbane know she hoped to be back within a week, maybe a little more, then grabbed Frolic to come along for the journey.

The otter assumed his customary position, curling about her neck and shoulders like a weighty scarf, and Quell grinned like an idiot as she embarked due west. She could've retraced her steps, though she didn't want to miss the chance to scope out some new scenery. Despite her passenger, she moved at a steady clip, roving through woods, across a meadow, then skirting past a lake. From there, she veered north, if only because the mountains left her no other choice.

She drew in a deep breath every few miles, anticipating the familiar and nostalgic scent of the ocean, but slowed her step when she drew in a particularly powerful lungful of eau de loups. When Q stopped beneath the shadow of the tallest peak, Frolic slithered from his perch and gamboled back in the other direction. That left the yearling standing there, alone, staring curiously at the alp as she wondered if it was bigger or smaller than Sawtooth Spire.
Members of Sagtannet are welcome to power-play Quellcrist (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not she's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!
these violent delights
402 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Much had happened over the past few days; many visitors, many exchanges. There had been a thrum of excitement that Lyra sensed upon their mountain, though the season could partly be blamed for that. Hydra had been busy in her usual way, and in amongst making alliances and deals with fellow would-be matriarchs, she had found time to track down those of age upon Moonspear and stress them out of their heat. Lyra willingly among them. The season made her agitated and restless, she had gladly allowed her sister to do what she must to rid her of it (even if the process itself had been taxing).

Yet still a certain tenseness remained, and the Ostrega had taken to patrolling the borders at a steady clip in an effort to appease her itching paws. So far, the patrol had been largely uneventful, that was until she spied a small, dark shadow lingering a little too close for her liking. Their head was tilted upright, as if studying — or admiring — the peak and there was no indication they were a threat. Yet the older woman was in a mood, and her haughty pride was on full display as she bore down upon the other with a lifted tail and bared fangs. Back, came her wordless warning.
128 Posts
Ooc — Kat
The instant a dark figure materialized and came closer, Quell's attention dropped. When she saw the stranger's body language, the rest of her dropped as well. Her belly clenched a little as it came in contact with the cold ground, though she stretched out her forelegs and held out her paws as she declared, "I come in peace!"

Something told Q to check her mischief, though she couldn't resist saying, "I mean no harm, promise. I was just admiring your very large and girthy pea—k." She held her breath then, wondering if the woman might smack her upside the head, or worse. She looked like she meant business.
Members of Sagtannet are welcome to power-play Quellcrist (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not she's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!
these violent delights
402 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Well, the stranger at least had the right idea to bow before her. Lyra's temper was appeased as the smaller female submitted in an odd way before responding with a plea and a reason for being at their borders. The almost slip of her tongue was entirely lost on the Ostrega, who simply quirked a brow as she stared down at the speckled back of the other.

She was young, that much was obvious, though still old enough to know better than to linger even on the outskirts of claimed land (though the Moonspear wolves were a territorial bunch). "Then you should do so at a distance," Lyra said tonelessly, channelling Hydra's dominance. "Some don't take kindly to strangers being so close."
128 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Q's brow furrowed for a moment, truly mystified by something. "I'm outside the borders," she said, "I thought I was at a distance." She didn't want to argue, though it begged the question, "How far away is acceptable? Can you show me?" She rose back to her feet slowly, though Quell kept her head and tail low. "Swear I'm not being facetious, I genuinely didn't realize." And if not the borders, then where was the real boundary line, according to these wolves?

"I'm Q, by the way, from Sagtannet. What's this place called?" she queried, hoping the dark she-wolf wouldn't balk at any of her questions.