The Heartwood I'm no superman
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
All Welcome 
The forest he found himself in was as barren and desolate as his mood. In a heartbeat, his entire life was in tatters. 
He had abandoned Nightwalkers, the closest thing to friends and family he had. Chasing after a shewolf. Turned away from the home she had promised him by a snake of a female. He was, once again, completely and entirely, alone. 
He gave a dry laugh as he stepped over a charred stump. "Well, Memory. You wanted to travel for a while. I guess here's your chance, huh." 
But where would he go? What would he do? His entire life was around pack life. 
he gave an exhausted, miserable sigh, ambling forward.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Her search was seemingly endless, a desire which made her legs tremble and the hairs along her backside to prickle. Though she had searched it was to no avail. Whilst she couldnt travel far (she had a pack to care for, after all) Vallkyrie was still doing her best to search for the friend who had been gone far longer then she would have ever imagined her to be if she were just simply 'on a mission'. 

Sighing, the sleek woman turned, trotting back to arc towards which she came. Though she was not alone in this charred wood. A dry laugh, followed a sigh. She paused, ears perking, icy eyes searching. Off forward and out to her left, she would see the figure of a smaller wolf covered in browns. Hello?
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
A voice, feminine, hesitant. 
why would anyone else linger in this desolate place? There was nothing to hunt here. A few burrows, the scent of rat urine. But no wolf could live long on rats. 
"Didn't expect anyone else to be out here. Sorry if I'm crossing a boundary or something." He stepped towards the shewolf, aware that the likelihood of her fleeing the minute she saw his face was...well it seemed to be the typical response.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
There really isnt much out here, is there... She mentioned, a small chuckle, and looked around the dead woodland of charred trees and ashen ground. But no, no boundaries. Thankfully. She would have hated to ever call this place 'home'.

He came closer then, making way through the gray and fragile trees which remained in the Heartwood. The face she expected was anything but which came and her jaw tightened, but she didnt allow herself to offer anymore expression on the shock of his sight. To ask what happened, to say 'my god look at your face!' would have been horribly rude and Kyr was not. I just came here trying to find someone, is all. 

But why was he roaming out here? Usually when Vallkyrie came here, it was to a lost soul of some sort. Someone whom hadn't found their place, someone sorrowful and now, he - a man horribly disfigured to the point she could imagine he was lucky enough to even be alive.
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
He nodded, relieved that for at least a moment he wasn't going to be chased away from somewhere. 
The lack of reaction was a welcome relief. 
"I hope you find who you're looking for. I'm more...looking for a purpose. It's funny. I thought I had everything planned out, thought I was gonna be on top of the world. And in a matter of days I blew it." 
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
He was then, lost. Lost like Ying was lost though for him it was more of a struggle within himself it seemed. Vallkyrie's lips pulled back, forming a tight line. Her tail droops, unable a moment of what she should say to that.

Its hard to pull yourself together sometimes, when all your plans and efforts crumble. Her words, she knew, would not comfort him. Though maybe he could at least know that someone else understood him. She wanted to ask how he blew it, but instead... What purpose are you looking for?
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
This took WAAY too long to reply to and I'm sooo sorry. 

Her words were comforting, although more placating than they probably were meant to sound. Still, it was a small bit of reassurance. 
Her question made him pause, and he spent time thinking on it. What did he want? Who did he want to be? It was a question he had never before had the time to think about. 
"A family. A home, and a family." he answered finally, voice muted. "I left Nightwalkers because I was tired of fighting...and now I don't know anything else other than...I want what other wolves have." 
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
That's okay! It's not a major thread or anything. Lol

He explained how he wanted a home and a family, something which he felt as though he did not have with the Nightwalkers, who were known for their ferocity. He was a small wolf and probably a constant battle with fighting for his placement in the ranks left him worn and torn - this much was obvious by the appearance which he held now, as horribly disfigured as he was. 

It was a sad sight to see and Vallkyrie found her own icy attention more often or not looking around the charred woodland which they were in. You dont have to fight anymore, if you dont want to. And you've your whole life to learn a new trade to do your part in a new pack. She reassured. Hell, he could, even while he was learning another skill, guard the borders and mark them and always call for backup if something came around.

Look I dont know what you'd think would make for a good home, She spoke, turning back to him and giving a shrug, But you could always speak to my Alpha and give it a shot? She offered with a soft smile. Of course, she barely knew him, but one barely knew any of the new packmates they offered a home too.
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
At her words he took a deep breath, rising to his paws. 
"Thanks. I'll look into it. If not...I'm sure somewhere out there I'll find the right fit for me." He dips his head in greeting and dissapears into the grass.