Silver Creek i was wide awake - but when was that?
we are biding our time, for these myths to unwind
248 Posts
Ooc —
There were very few times that Weejay roamed far; today, she had informed @Eljay she was looking in the neighboring territory for more of that moon-moss. She had noticed her stores had withered, and after a fulfilling breakfast, was off.

Into high noon, Weejay was occupied by her own thoughts. She had hoped to spend this time alone thinking when she thought she sensed a scent that, for whatever reason, reminded her of @Elfie. Could it be..? It had been so long since she had seen her brother, that his scent and even his face were fading from her memory. All the same, she was sure this was Elfie's scent, and she followed it for miles and miles as it meandered across terrain she had never seen before.

Eventually, she lost the scent and set up camp near a quiet glade. She was feeling a strange brand of dejected -- it seemed like no matter what she did, Elfie was never to be found. It was rare that Weejay cried, but today, faced with the mortality of life and the futility of it all, Weejay wept silently by the stream as she held her sore paws under the cold water.

Through her quiet sniffles, she thought she heard footsteps. Her ears straightened and a line of spooked hairs rose along her neck, but she did not rise from holding her paws underwater. It was probably her imagination getting the better of her, or maybe she was just exhausted and envisioning things that simply were not there... just like Elfie's scent..
so hold nice and close the ones who get to your soul,
so that when it is cold, you wont feel so alone
Messages In This Thread
i was wide awake - but when was that? - by Deku - May 30, 2020, 08:48 PM
RE: i was wide awake - but when was that? - by Weejay - May 31, 2020, 12:52 PM
RE: i was wide awake - but when was that? - by Deku - June 01, 2020, 03:46 PM
RE: i was wide awake - but when was that? - by Weejay - June 01, 2020, 03:58 PM
RE: i was wide awake - but when was that? - by Deku - June 03, 2020, 10:15 PM
RE: i was wide awake - but when was that? - by Weejay - June 05, 2020, 10:13 AM
RE: i was wide awake - but when was that? - by Deku - June 14, 2020, 03:05 PM
RE: i was wide awake - but when was that? - by Weejay - June 19, 2020, 05:07 PM
RE: i was wide awake - but when was that? - by Deku - June 27, 2020, 10:18 PM
RE: i was wide awake - but when was that? - by Weejay - June 30, 2020, 11:31 AM
RE: i was wide awake - but when was that? - by Deku - July 12, 2020, 09:20 PM
RE: i was wide awake - but when was that? - by Weejay - July 13, 2020, 01:43 PM
RE: i was wide awake - but when was that? - by Deku - July 23, 2020, 05:38 PM
RE: i was wide awake - but when was that? - by Weejay - August 02, 2020, 03:07 PM