Stone Circle I'm so used to letting go
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Many gathered that day in celebration of life, to honour Nanook in death. Admittedly, he was slow to arrive, trapped by the scene that stole her away; he could not keep from staring, from thinking—trapped within his own mind, wondering now how many of his loved ones were lost at the claws a mountain lion. He could not look anywhere but at the body of the beast, even as his daughter was carried away; there were notions that slunk through his mind, impossible things that he wondered… were they truly impossible? For a long time, he stood there, eyes glazed over and body unmoving.

When at last he was able to turn away, his eyes fell on @Arlette and those she guarded; he did not know Kaito well at all, seen only in passing. But his heart went out to his granddaughter, who he dipped his head at solemnly before making the trek to the stones.

Kove was silent as he arrived and throughout the ceremony, an unrecognisable number of emotions swirling beneath the surface. Part of him wished to wipe the cats out entirely, to rid the world of them so that they might never again bring harm to his family. And yet… his sorrow weighed him down, kept him grounded—or, perhaps, kept him sane. The ache in his chest, the hollow feeling in his gut—these things kept him there, kept him from acting recklessly. Because deep down, he knew it would get him nowhere. Nothing would bring his daughter back to them, a mother back to her children.

Nothing could heal that part of them.
Messages In This Thread
I'm so used to letting go - by RIP Valette - June 18, 2020, 03:40 PM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Siarut - June 19, 2020, 12:41 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Charles - June 19, 2020, 01:51 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Laurel - June 19, 2020, 01:54 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Oryx - June 19, 2020, 03:05 PM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Oiseaux - June 20, 2020, 12:01 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by West Tyree - June 20, 2020, 12:22 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Ikiaq - June 21, 2020, 10:49 PM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Leta - June 22, 2020, 08:33 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Greyback - June 22, 2020, 01:35 PM