King Elk Forest could frame thy fearful symmetry?
360 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Ranger
He didn't need any further prodding, for which Sugar was grateful. She didn't want to pressure him and liked knowing he felt he could open up to her with just a little bit of encouragement. She pricked her ears and listened attentively, black eyes resting in the vicinity of his face, her lips pressed together to avoid any impulse to interrupt. She did feel some defensiveness, not only for herself but the others he mentioned so bitterly, but she absolutely refused to open her mouth until he was finished.

Even then, she didn't speak right away. She tried to gather her thoughts to formulate a reply, inwardly smooth out any jagged edges before she opened her mouth. "Bron," she began, "I can't speak for the others but, as far as I'm concerned, I never thought of it as choosing anyone or anywhere over another." Maybe that was the rub, that she (and the others) hadn't even considered him at all. But in her own defense, Sugar added, "I invited you when I went to the Frosthawks the first time, didn't I?"

She paused, brow furrowing slightly before continuing. "I'm not choosing my siblings over you. I'm sorry to speak so frankly but it has nothing to do with you, any more than it has to do with anyone else who lives with the Firebirds. I just can't bring myself to live in the copse, not after..." She trailed off and took a shaky breath. "I don't even want to go there at all, though I'm happy to keep visiting the borders to see Eljay... and you, as well, if you'd like."

Sugar cleared her throat and finished by saying, "Believe me, I'd never choose Crow over anyone," and offering a small smile. "Although I won't lie: I've always been close to Ave and I just want to spend some time with my sister." And she wouldn't apologize for that, though she didn't feel the need to rub that in his face.
Messages In This Thread
could frame thy fearful symmetry? - by Sugar Glider - June 28, 2020, 02:33 PM
RE: could frame thy fearful symmetry? - by RIP Bronco - June 28, 2020, 04:53 PM
RE: could frame thy fearful symmetry? - by RIP Bronco - June 28, 2020, 05:46 PM
RE: could frame thy fearful symmetry? - by RIP Bronco - June 28, 2020, 06:17 PM
RE: could frame thy fearful symmetry? - by RIP Bronco - June 30, 2020, 12:16 PM
RE: could frame thy fearful symmetry? - by RIP Bronco - June 30, 2020, 01:30 PM
RE: could frame thy fearful symmetry? - by RIP Bronco - June 30, 2020, 04:00 PM
RE: could frame thy fearful symmetry? - by RIP Bronco - July 01, 2020, 11:07 AM
RE: could frame thy fearful symmetry? - by Sugar Glider - July 01, 2020, 11:24 AM
RE: could frame thy fearful symmetry? - by RIP Bronco - July 09, 2020, 02:52 PM
RE: could frame thy fearful symmetry? - by RIP Bronco - July 21, 2020, 03:54 PM
RE: could frame thy fearful symmetry? - by RIP Bronco - July 23, 2020, 01:50 PM