Whitebark Stream Ring the Bells
323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Sorry! I thought I'd responded to this, lol.

He nodded smoothly, wordlessly confirming the other's assumption on his position of leadership and making no move to comment on Dawn's. His mate, despite having stepped formally down from her role to ensure the best start in life for their young brood, was still very much Alphess in Artyom's eyes. 

The yearling carried on, sharing that he'd come on behalf of Lumiya. While Artyom's gilded ears pricked in recognition at the name, the stranger carried on - straight to the point on his reason for seeking Whitebark's rulers. Another name rolled from his tongue, one that the ranger recalled more vividly, and his lip twitched in an effort to bite back the anger that bloomed. "The wolfdog," he rumbled, eager to share his pack's own misfortune; "he... assaulted, one of our own. A healer," dark eyes narrowed, he remembered Aphrodite's distress, "in neutral territory while she foraged for herbs. Our packmate, Surya, disappeared more recently. "

A softness in him at the mention of his young comrade who'd vanished beyond the mountains. "I fear Donovan might be also responsible for this."

His thoughts turned to Dawn, off in attempt to pursue Surya's trail where Aphrodite claimed it ended, and he stifled a shudder. He had not wished to see her go alone, but the Queen had insisted that she coukd track best alone and without distraction.

"Dante," he said, having let the boy conclude, "we are not home to warriors here in Whitebark Stream. Our numbers consist of hunters and healers - and our young." Artyom hummed, contemplative, and despite knowing that the turmoil by the half-breed had to be stopped, his focus remained primarily with his beloved. He was not comfortable making such a bold decision without her input. "I want to help, but I'm not sure what we could offer. Let me discuss it with my mate on her return, and I will seek audience with Lumiya with an answer."

Messages In This Thread
Ring the Bells - by Dante - July 21, 2020, 11:33 PM
RE: Ring the Bells - by Artyom - July 22, 2020, 03:17 AM
RE: Ring the Bells - by Dante - July 22, 2020, 12:04 PM
RE: Ring the Bells - by Artyom - July 26, 2020, 12:52 PM
RE: Ring the Bells - by Dante - July 26, 2020, 02:24 PM