Shy Deer Steppes covering their old heartbreaks with new tattoos
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
All Welcome 
last traveling thread before Fen reaches Serpent Lake, woo!

The shadowed sprite, Wisp, had left her company some ways back but her elven caretaker found that solitude had become an old friend, like the comfort of a worn, favorite novel reread on a harsh day. The healer settled into the silence of sleeping and waking alone once more, the only words she uttered to be heard by the ears of her remaining birds - the starlings, whom she'd named Vren and Vaska. 

Another blazing sun rose and another humid morn found the wyvern on the move - ever cutting for the south, for the asylum of living off the grid, at the corners of this world away from the Sunspear and the memories. The birds circled overhead, or else roosted on the perch of her shoulder blades and downy head, as she forged onwards. 

The thought of seeking some herbs and casting a circle for a spell passed through her thoughts - but only briefly. An urgency had overtaken her steps, anticipation sparking her veins and thrumming in her bloodstream. It felt there was no time, that she must keep going.

Perhaps the halfling was wrong, nothing waited for her at the end of the world and she would be forced to drag on with this endless summer journey, but as she crossed the threshold of the dusty plains - there was haste to her quick gait, and a glint in her eyes. 

For some reason, she just felt like she was so close. There was no way she could stop now, even to rest. Surely, she'd cross through this ghost town of sedge grass and tumbleweed and find the boundaries she sought.
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
@Awenfen if you're interested!
He had been here before, joining another wolf to a hunt, but he found himself drawn to it again. It reminded him of home. The stretch of land from the open plains to this desert did. The wide open spaces and unbroken air. He had confronted his homesickness many times before, but could never really push it away. 

There was another wandering the dry foliage and dust. She was easy to spot, all pale white. There was something...different about her. Her ears were strange and fluffy like a rabbit's. He chuffed to her and slowly began to approach, his tail wagging.
CommonKiswahili
Current Location  — Neverwinter Forest
Fighting/Sparring Methods
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel

The only thing that stopped her on her path was the dark youth that crossed it. 

He reminded her poignantly of Dæg's sons, boys she had nursed as her own, as he approached - tall and broad yet still lanky, a familiarity to the wide gait and welcome in his greeting.

It endeared him to the botanist, and automatically she felt herself dip into a friendly posture - startling the starlings that perched upon her - as a merry chirp of greeting trilled from her rosy lips.
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."