Redsand Canyon the world is going to break you
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel

Two pokes, prodding wherever it was that her mind had fled to. Breath rattled harshly from her chest, a low groan rumbling from its depths - the sound of earth splitting open or storms on the horizon. 

She came to with a scream, or would have if there was anything left of her voice. Instead, a pitiful croak of a yipe was all that escaped her lips, as pallid eyes winced open - one dyed a deep bloodred by damaged vessels. The muscles of her throat crackled in protest, working to release the screams trapped in her foggy mind. 

The druid skittered backwards, eyes wheeling wildly in search - almost blind to Donovan, who she had yet to recognize. 

"Non..non," the word left her, repetitively, as her wispy, red-streaked diadem swiveled this way and that unsteadily - still seeking the pale ghost, a flash of white to signal that he was near.

At last, her head weaved and turned to face her savior, a flinch wracking her as if just realizing he was there.

"Donav," the midwife lilted softly, confused and vaguely panicked, a moment of clarity visible in her gaze. 

And just like that, as quickly as she'd woken, she lost her tenacious grip on this world and slipped into the peaceful blackness once more. 

Sideways she slid, face falling against the sand with a dull grating sound, where she remained - still and silent as catacombs, revealing the crudely carved symbol of a bull's head weeping tears of blood upon her nape.
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
Messages In This Thread
the world is going to break you - by Necahual - July 27, 2020, 08:12 PM
RE: the world is going to break you - by Necahual - July 28, 2020, 04:36 AM
RE: the world is going to break you - by Derg - July 28, 2020, 06:29 AM
RE: the world is going to break you - by Necahual - July 30, 2020, 01:24 PM
RE: the world is going to break you - by Derg - August 01, 2020, 01:50 PM