Qeya River Through the endless daydream
32 Posts
Ooc — peach
All Welcome 
It seemed things had been destined to crumble before him. Awen had been sent away from him by his own doing... he regretted it each day. All it had done was push the inevitable war further away, and still violence one day reigned down. To quell Aliroth's temper for a short period... the sacrifice of his favorite. Li had left after her, the representation of a broken promise, and Sundrea's death was the last straw. The universe was cruel indeed... and Dægmar was pushed into purposelessness. Wandering with no home anymore, leaving behind the ruins of the single home he knew in a fruitless pursuit of someone- anyone- worth living for. For all he knew, she and her daughter were both dead by now. What cruel reality. 

The new land was warmer than what he was used to, but comfortable indeed, with moderate weather that made long travels more bearable. Here Dæg found a river, where he dipped his ebony snout to the whispering current and took a long sip, replenishing his energy.
common druidic
0/5 2/5
244 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
His path had curled north today. He hadn't spent much time walking up this way but it felt safer. Maybe. So he walked farther, skirting around the edge of the other pack -- had he even met anyone from there before? Didn't think so. So they were this whole stranger group and Spook wasn't too interested in stopping on by.

This was all kind of an adventure, but he was not a foolish creature, he didn't trot along like some boisterous, joyous thing. He was careful. Heck, the river he was tracing was probably about the edge of his travel distance -- he'd have to turn around really soon. But just a little longer and then the scaredy-cat would vamoose back to familiar grounds.

But he didn't get to turn around quite yet -- someone was up ahead. So. Should probably investigate? The black figure he spotted wasn't his father, but some part of him still wished it was. And that was probably the reason he moved forward, pausing at a safe distance and woofing the random dude's way, hoping the guy was friendly and not a jerk.
32 Posts
Ooc — peach
A light woof caught his attention- his ears perked, gaze followed, and finally he lifted his muzzle from the stream. The question mark was a dark young boy with a shining green gaze. Dægmar gave him a slow once-over, gaze seeming to pick him apart. He remembered being that young... he'd been stupid. A snort left his nose at his own thoughts, not that the kid would understand what caused it. Nostalgia swept over him in a wave, which he subdued, but finally he licked his lips of remaining water droplets and let an awkward smile trace his maw, an attempt at friendliness. Greetings, lad. Dægmar rumbled neutrally. Did this kid want something out of him?
common druidic
0/5 2/5
244 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He was like he was in some kind of weird land between Arbiter and Terance -- looks of Spook's father, but looking him over like that was much more his mother's realm. Maybe it'd make other wolves uneasy, but he didn't even blink at it. That was within the realm of the ordinary.

Spook, too, offered a smile that was slightly abnormal. Hey. Awkward. He should say more, What brings you through here? I, uh, haven't run into anyone -- was just about to head home but -- yeah. That. Shrug. He was trying to pass off his whole lack of ability to talk to strangers as some sort of actual choice. Probably was fairly transparent, but it was what Spook had to work with. Heck, Spook still wasn't sure who he was as a person, it was a work in progress, but he wanted to impress his mom and live up to whatever expectations Terance might have had for him. In short, he needed to grow up.
32 Posts
Ooc — peach
Teenage awkwardness clung to the child in a way that radiated off of him painfully. Dægmar was amused by whatever motivated this stranger- boredom, perhaps? To approach a lone wolf with such casual words and unplanned questions. But along with that amusement came a fatherly warmth; endeared by that lack of social skill that reminded him of his own oldest brood, and the brood that could have been, had Sundrea not faced such difficulties. Sundrea. He dismissed the thought of her, finding their unsolved quarrels too painful to dwell on now. 

At the question, a dry laughter, a smile that did not meet the druid's eyes. Var. Var is vhat brings me 'ere, to yer lands, He explains in a low breath. Me old 'ome is nae more. Golden gaze fell to the water. Never a man of many words, and not a master of social interaction himself, the inkspot was quiet then. He doubted the child had seen the likes of real violence, and knew it oft stirred intrigue in the young who longed to hear stories of battle. But Dæg was the sort who needed to be prompted for further words.
common druidic
0/5 2/5
244 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Var? Spook thought that was a name at first. It was only as the guy was talking (pretty weirdly too) that maybe he was saying something else? War? Uh. Maybe? Well, Spook might have found it weird if he'd had his name yet, but since he was still just little ol' Spook and not grown up Warlock (even if he might physically be at full-ish size and all that), no such thing. He didn't know what to think of this guy. Sort of a laugh, the way Spook was watched. It didn't seem like... evil or anything, but did he trust himself? He hadn't been wrong so far.

He was at least smart enough to know that generally offering that the whole region around here was pretty ok was probably a good thing to do.  Well, it's peaceful here? Mostly? I dunno. My mom thinks one pack might cause trouble but they're pretty far from this place. But uh. If you're looking for something here, maybe I can tell you where to go? A lot of his statements seemed to end in question marks. He hadn't taken up as many of the lessons about how to deal with the borders to be able to figure out how to adapt it here. So, here was the shy kid trying to wing it and be helpful and stuff. He felt as though Pheiros would have had the right words to say in this scenario.
32 Posts
Ooc — peach
Boy, this guy was awkward. He seemed unsure about everything that came from his mouth. Peaceful, zat is good. He hummed quietly. Might I 'ear of ze trouble-makers? He questioned, feeling it would be a good idea to steer away, and continued, I donnae 'ave goals 'ere... He sighed. Only lost a little bird dear to me 'eart. He shook his dark head slightly to himself at the thought, gaze falling, willing his emotions back into a pit. 

Golden gaze moved up to the boy again, forcing a small smile to lighten his shadowed face. Ye can tell me vhatever you vish, lad. And ve vill see, if I pursue. He chuckled in a slight tease, wondering where this kid might direct him. He smelled of pack; perhaps this would be the boy's first attempt at recruitment- or maybe he had something different in mind.
common druidic
0/5 2/5
244 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Yeah, this guy seemed kind of quiet and that was nice. A different sort of quiet than his mother, who was intense and prickly. More like his dad maybe, but that was a pile of sadness he didn't want to think about right now. So, he replied, Umn. The pack is called Ursus and they're kinda far south from here. My mom said their leader is crazy and killed people and stuff. Each time Spook told the story, it was a little different but still had the same basic information. Arbiter had made it clear enough that he should avoid Ursus wolves, and that was about all he needed to know. But really, the rest of the Ursus wolves had kept out of their way -- he was cool with that, too, because they followed a dude like Merrick, they had to be crazy too.

Still, Spook hadn't been given too much in the way of directions. He knew about the people around here (sorta) but didn't know if there was anything else of interest. What would a normal person like? Are you gonna want to stay around here? Like um. There's my pack -- well, my mom's pack -- there's another one kinda near here at a creek, and another that's down near Ursus that are nice people too. I dunno who else might be out there. There used to be some more, but I think they left. Or at least when Arbiter had gone to look for Terance, she hadn't found Ibis in the process where her pack apparently was.
32 Posts
Ooc — peach
A brow quirked upward as the boy told him of who he ought to avoid. Ursus... zank ye. I vill be careful ven, or if, I 'ead souzward. He rumbled with gentle smile. Killers were not a part of his trip itinerary, and even if he had not personally wronged them, he did not wish to risk their wrath. Some part of him hoped that this lad, and his family, might be safe in spite of the danger lurking nearby. He seemed a good fellow; Dæg figured his pack likely was good too. He only hoped they had the mercenary strength to be prepared. 

When Spook questioned Dægmar's direction in terms of settling, the man's gaze fell, clearly unsure of his own answers. I... donnae know. Zis place is nice, maybe I come back and visit... but- also I zink, per'aps I explore ze area a bit more, before picking any 'ome. He sighed. Was there a place here that resembled his home? Doubtful. But the least he could do was search. Goldgleam moved back to the boy, inquisitive. Yer mozer's pack, vat is it like? It was highly unlikely Dæg would settle just yet, even if this pack sounded like a dream- but it couldn't hurt to gather more info.
common druidic
0/5 2/5
244 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Spook nodded. That'd be good. And right now he'd just make sure everyone knew that Ursus was crazy and dangerous and that'd probably do a fair amount towards making sure that nobody ended up in a bad place. It was his civic duty. Or... Something. Look, Spook mostly just wanted someone else to go make Ursus go away so maybe someone else can go be pissed at them. It sounded like a great tactical decision to him.

This guy did seem nice. A little hard to understand at times, but nice. Maybe he'd be interested in coming back if he could ever answer the questions well? Yeah. Right. It's called Legion. Uhm. My mom formed it to be sorta split -- like one part people that do fighting and stuff like that, and the other part for people who do more like.. Thoughtful stuff so everyone could advance and stuff like that. She wants to encourage people to get better at things they like and be happy and uh.  Yeah. Spook was not the greatest salesman, was he? He tried! But he did realize that he wasn't the best, and after a beat added with a glance off to the side, I think I'm better at just answering questions. His ears tipped sideways a moment.
32 Posts
Ooc — peach
Writing his speech is so difficult, my god. Lol

It was an awfully lucky thing that this boy's soul was born to a wolf, so that he might never have to attempt a PowerPoint presentation to a class full of peers. Dægmar might've been amused by a thought like this if he knew anything of humans and their lives- but alas, he did not. And so he could only listen with genuine interest as the kid likely butchered a concept that might've been more eloquently delivered by his mother. Still, Dægmar got the gist, and cracked a half-smile worthy of Elvis, a twinkle in his gaze that said just keep on trying, bucko. Maybe one day he'd get good at describing it- if it was what he liked, after all, considering his pack's setup geared to improve the individual based on their own desires.  

Even when the boy said he was better at answering questions, Dægmar shook his head lightly as if to pretend that the speech was good. It sounds like a very well-zout out idea. Simple, but good. Society is ze best, after all, venever individuals can pursue ze art zey vish, razer zan being forced into a corner. That was what he thought, anyway. Sure, training and guidance, sometimes a push, was good- but people flowered best when their heart led the way, paved the path. In this way Dægmar had found himself: a gentle hearted warrior, fierce in battle and a gentleman with his people. 

I 'adn't introduced meself. Dægmar Maoilrian, forgive me. And ye, laddie?
common druidic
0/5 2/5
244 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Spook was happy to just accept that he did an okay job. He'd get it worked out somehow. Sometime. It would just take repeating it a lot more and maybe confirming with Arbiter that he was saying it right. He could check later. Yeah, she thinks so. So I was gonna see what I can do to help. So.. Yeah. He didn't want to say something like, 'Oh yeah, see if I could recruit random people,' because he didn't want to pressure anyone or something. Just talking to people was as bold as he got.

He bobbed his head, I'm, uh, Spook. It sounded far less impressive than Daegmar's name. He was just Spook. Because he hadn't graduated to being an adult yet. A slight tilt of his ear maybe seemed to be aware of that and maybe it was starting to bug him. But it was Arbiter's choice, wasn't it? Spook wasn't one to buck tradition.

Cricket noises, he was not good at talking.
32 Posts
Ooc — peach
Can we close this? Dægmar is joining Legion. We can have another thread if you want.

He introduced himsef as Spook, an odd name to Dæg, but he wasn't going to question him about it. The eventual name change might've made it make sense, but the shadow knew nothing of that, and was simply left to wonder what parent would name a child that. Still, Pleasure to meet ye, Spook. Till ve meet again? With that he bowed his head in a sort of goodbye to the kid, before trotting off at a languid pace, ears flicked back in case he had anything to shout after him.
common druidic
0/5 2/5
244 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Well. He had hoped he'd recruit Daegmar somehow, but apparently not. Yeah, Spook realized he was probably doing a bad job at it. But hey, he tried. He could tell his mom about it later maybe. Hopefully it was just practice and eventually he'd be kind of useful... Maybe. Yeah. We aren't gonna be going anywhere. Um. See you and safe travels and stuff. He seemed a little uncertain about his words but he at least wouldn't mind if he did run into the guy again. It might be nice. So once he'd wandered, Spook went back to his investigating around and eventually headed home as well.