Two Rivers Isle Made me into something new
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Rye could almost see the gears turning in her head- the hesitation in her eyes. It was clear Effie had something on her mind and at first Ryes' concern over his austere tone set into his belly like a pit. His fears only worsened as her expression turned to worry, along with the sinking feeling his ears lowered in remorse. However his eyes held an inquisitive gaze to them, some part of Rye believed it was something other than his tone she worried about.

At last the truth flooded out like a dam break, for once Effie spoke her true feelings and Rye felt relieved. It was something he could make better, perhaps not perfectly but nothing is ever perfect with him. As she spoke, the males' expression eased and tranquility took over. After the female quieted down Rye took a minute to gather the correct words to fit his feelings, although it proved to be difficult. He stayed silent for over a minute, his brows pursed together in thought. Finally, after way too much time, Rye found his words.

He began gently with, "Effie," His eyes seeking out hers, "You are not the burden you think you are. Without you I would've never taken down that deer." He spoke from his heart and he hoped his soft voice conveyed his sincerity. "I know I am not obligated to you, as you are not to me but I chose to stay because-" Rye swallowed hard, hesitation thick in his heart. He wasn't confident in his choice of words leading up to his stall, it may have sent a message he wasn't prepared to send just yet. "Because you are my friend?" He sounded confused, and truth be told he was. Too many things happened that hinted it was not simply a friendship. Then again he screwed Towhee and it never went farther than just a one night stand. Not to mention he got rejected months later. Rye, being fed up with his own incompetence, began to freely speak his mind. "Look I don't want to leave you, I don't feel obligated. I'm staying out of my own choice, I promise." A smooth beginning, catastrophic middle but a humble ending. Although embarrassment was still gonna do its thing cause of course it would.
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Messages In This Thread
Made me into something new - by Effie - August 04, 2020, 07:34 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Rye - August 14, 2020, 05:37 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Effie - August 18, 2020, 11:31 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Rye - August 27, 2020, 05:37 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Effie - September 02, 2020, 02:00 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Rye - September 09, 2020, 08:25 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Effie - September 15, 2020, 11:30 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Rye - September 16, 2020, 01:22 AM
RE: Made me into something new - by Effie - September 25, 2020, 12:53 AM