Gilded Bay i was born in a lighthouse, where my mother lay
and the gulls gave me my singing voice
60 Posts
Ooc — markab
Away
rolled 1d10 on discord for a success :)

yunxu can barely see or smell them in the rain; they'll notice him no better. he keeps close to the shoreline as he walks. in the water he’d have no chance of catching them, but on land they are easy prey; he is absorbed enough in his calculation that he notices nothing amiss behind him until a low chuff rises above the waves.

he startles at the sound, head swiveling to meet it. the figure stands a ways from him, just as windswept but perhaps not as sodden, fine-boned and clothed in long swaths of black and white. she angles her muzzle in the direction of the pod in a clear invitation.

yunxu looks back at her, doubting the skill of someone not of the southern coasts. yet it would be impolite to refuse, and any fight could scare their prey away. yunxu cares more about a meal than he does about handling foreigners at the moment; he dips his head respectfully, blinking slow, and gestures with his own muzzle towards the side of the pod.

the animal he has chosen is not the largest, but is the most separated from the rest of the rest of the group, and yunxu does not have the energy or the desire to be caught in the middle of a pack of frantic seals. it should be simple enough for them both to corner it, coming one from each side, and kill it before it can slip out to sea.

sequoia coast
english | mandarin
Messages In This Thread
RE: i was born in a lighthouse, where my mother lay - by Yunxu - August 09, 2020, 01:03 PM