The Sunspire Just think of your prospects, my darling take heed:
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
This meeting had played out in his head long before it actually happened. Their family gathered around the future Kings. Célnes gave an encouraging speech about their future, Cenric would chime in at the end, and everyone cheered. Then they’d all be on their way to paradise. Everything played out that way in reality thus far, that is until his sister spoke of accepting the unholy. 

Célnes just did the impossible. She surprised him.

He glanced at her with a slightly raised brow. Since when did she start thinking like this? He casted his glance towards Germanicus, then the boy (he had yet to notice him until now) who seemed thrilled by the idea. He can’t help but blame them.

This was a decision that should’ve been discussed in private first. Now his sister would have to face Calhoun’s wrath, and countless other’s in the future.

Cenric is silent throughout Calhoun’s speech. He speaks nothing but the truth. Having unholy individuals weave their way into the family in the past, whether that be by birth or by initiation, was already bad enough. To willingly bring in outsiders would be an act against the High Elk. That being said, he understood his sister’s reasoning. 

Calhoun, I understand why you are upset, but this is for the greater good. Most of the family have perished in the fire, and many more are missing. There aren’t many of us left now. We need as many able bodies as we can find if Kingslend is to return to its former glory. If that means accepting outsiders, so be it.

Cenric turned to his sister. These outsiders will be tested when spring comes. If they fail- he glanced between Germanicus and the boy, -they will be cast out.
closed for threads
Messages In This Thread
RE: Just think of your prospects, my darling take heed: - by Cenric - September 01, 2020, 02:24 PM