The Sunspire Just think of your prospects, my darling take heed:
104 Posts
Ooc —
The hunter could feel his pulse throb along the side of his skull, his eye twitching once involuntarily as one voice after another spoke up, some in defiance and some backing his own words. Most shockingly though his sister sided with them. Cenric's words were a disappointment, but he was Célnes' brother. The look he gave spoke enough to know his true feelings, this had been a move made on Célnes' decision and her decision alone.

He had suppressed the rising anger from his fellow family's betrayal long enough. By the time they had finished speaking, he had long since tuned out, the simple smile he once held long gone as his red gaze burned into none other than the King who had sparked a new fire. You claim to do this in the name of the family, but your lack of faith is DESTROYING those you should care about. Yes, the ones that actually mattered, not these outsiders. High Elk forbid she allowed this because she had fallen for the pathetic man. THE HIGH ELK GUIDES US. Not this...Mongrel. He waved a paw at the greyscale man as he searched for a fitting word though his eyes never left Célnes.

We made it out of our home and we all have found each other, that was no chance. There are still many of us, we are protected by his holy grace. We were spared. For whatever reasons and plans the High Elk has for us. Who's to say there weren't more as well? His Uncle wasn't at this gathering and he had run into him shortly after arriving to the flatlands. There are more of us out there, they too will find their way. We do not need the help of outsiders. You say we are weak through your actions, but we are strong. We still live. We still breathe. Even through flame scorched pelts and missing limbs, we are STRONG.

He hadn't even addressed the grub at his side. He was young and wild, ill-mannered and outspoken. Their traditions would not be carried through him, he couldn't even grasp the importance of this meeting. This is not our future. This boy, that man, are not our future! If you are so concerned with children I will provide enough in the upcoming season to carry on our name. You spit excuses. There are many ways to deal with our circumstances yet I think you might actually want this. What other reason would there be for these two to join them.

Calhoun was disappointed, to say the least. He still firmly believed the High Elk would never approve of this. It would be rewriting everything they knew. In the end, Cal didn't have the power to kick them out, try as he may, but no matter how much they do they would never be Deorwines. A rock followed their beliefs closer than these two would, and apparently, half his family.
#B22222 , pawprint, Calhoun's Playlist 5/5* 6/10*, * = incomplete threads

Cal has family members up for adoption including his half brother!
Messages In This Thread
RE: Just think of your prospects, my darling take heed: - by Calhoun - September 10, 2020, 08:12 PM