Sheepeater Cliff even though I can no longer reach you
61 Posts
Ooc — Laur
He was eager to begin the search, renewed with vigour and hope that somehow now with this kind creature's help, he would definitely find Reiko. The rain would prove to be a challenge, however — and in more ways than one. Firstly, Haruki was not a fan of being soaked, and so as they headed out into the wet, he paused every few seconds and shook out his coat with a disgruntled growl. Secondly, Umi figured out it would be slow going with his short legs and the ground being as slick as it was.

At her decisive proposal, Haruki looked up, only to crouch slightly as she stepped over him and uttered a suggestion that he took on board quickly. There was a pressure upon his scruff, and suddenly he was hauled into the air, not unlike the times Reiko and Takeshi had moved him around when he was smaller. The ground disappeared beneath his feet, and Haruki held his hind legs up to his stomach to save them from scraping across the rocks. Then, after a short trip upwards, they were suddenly on higher ground, with the pup in awe of the woman's claws and how they had so easily cut through the cliffside's hard surface.

Having been placed on solid ground once more, the boy turned to the cougar with newfound respect, tail waving behind him. "Okay!" he said in reply, perhaps a little too boisterously for the grim mission. He was just excited to have made such a powerful seeming friend. She could slice through rock. He bet Hotaru or Lilitu hadn't made such friends!

He shook out his coat again, padding forward a few steps before turning back to Umi. "Maybe we could try and find her scent trail? She smells like, um...lavender!" he stated, wondering if she hunted via smells like wolves did. Did she even know what lavender was? "Like flowers!" he added with a hopeful smile, just in case.
Messages In This Thread
even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - September 01, 2020, 09:48 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - September 01, 2020, 11:34 PM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - September 02, 2020, 10:18 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - September 03, 2020, 12:04 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - September 05, 2020, 09:22 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - September 06, 2020, 10:42 PM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - September 09, 2020, 03:16 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - September 09, 2020, 11:35 PM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - September 10, 2020, 10:07 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - September 10, 2020, 08:52 PM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - October 21, 2020, 02:31 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - October 25, 2020, 11:45 PM