Wild Berry Meadow could almost feel you
61 Posts
Ooc — Laur
All Welcome 
His plan had worked. The two juveniles slipped out of the oppressive woodland of Neverwinter and ventured into the frost-covered lands beyond. Should any adult follow or engage them, Haruki would simply lay the blame on sweet, naive @Sullivan; his scapegoat. Though it seemed they had escaped detection for now.

What Haruki had failed to do, however, was offload the other boy so he could explore on his own. He followed the ex-prince like a bad smell, not picking up on his hints that maybe they should split up while "searching" for Simmik. In fact, Sullivan had even somehow managed to take the lead from Haruki.

With a proclamation of I know that smell!, the darker of the two boys lead them into a sweet-smelling field. Haruki did not want to admit that he was fond of the scent, if only because it reminded him of Reiko, so he kept up his look of mild distaste. "Have you been here before?" he asked of his company behind him as he idly strode ahead.
b l a c k b i r d
41 Posts
Ooc — Delaney
Sullivan had never left Neverwinter Forest before. It was thrilling, causing his heart to go pitter-patter. As they breached the treeline, a familiar scent tickled his nose. "I know that smell!!" he exclaimed quietly, not wanting to blow their cover, and took charge of their drive towards the sweet-smelling meadow. Upon his first glance, Sullivan felt that this place was magical; some of his favorite snacks were here, and it was very pretty. 

"No, I haven't," Sullivan answered, turning towards Haruki. "I've actually never left the forest before," he admitted. "My Momma hasn't let me yet—she said it's dangerous." He was naive; this territory seemed safe, and he doubted his mother's concern. 

"What about you?" he asked.
61 Posts
Ooc — Laur
The territory welcomed them in invitingly with its sweet scent despite the frost that covered the ground. Sullivan was far more jubilant about it all than Haruki; nevertheless, the pale boy couldn't help but feel more relaxed in this calm, open space compared to the dark forest that was their home.

His brow crumpled as his company explained he had never actually left Neverwinter before, saying his mother forbid it. Reiko had also warned the royal children of the dangers beyond the Vale, but she had always let them explore, at least. Had Sullivan never even thought about what kind of stuff happened on the other side of the woodland?

Haruki stared back at him in bewilderment, before realising he had been asked a question. Blinking, the ex-prince straightened up and turned away from the other, striding forward and nonchalantly inspecting a bush. "No, I haven't been here," he said, before gesturing to the mountains in the east with his muzzle. "I came from those mountains, though, from a place called Northstar Vale."
b l a c k b i r d
41 Posts
Ooc — Delaney
Haruki's exasperated expression confused Sullivan. Didn't everybody's mothers forbid them from leaving the territory? It was odd, but he simply shrugged it off. It wasn't anything that he needed to concern himself with. 

When his travel buddy straightened and turned, he followed suit, examining the shrub of his choosing. It wasn't far off from Haruki's and was adorned with frost-covered blackberries; Sullivan began gobbling them down almost immediately. 

"Mmph, thas cool," he acknowledged through a mouth full of fruit, his attention clearly divided.
61 Posts
Ooc — Laur
He had meant for it to be a casual comment, a simple answer to entertain Sullivan before he resumed his attempt to ditch his company, but Haruki found himself unable to look away from the distant mountains. He longed for the Vale, to go back to his true home where his mother and father had been laid to rest, where happier memories were. For a moment he entertained the idea of heading there now — to hell with Neverwinter! — but suddenly a muffled voice and wet, crunching sounds pulled him from his thoughts.

Slowly, Haruki turned to see Sullivan chowing down on the fruits of a nearby berry bush, dark juices already beginning to spill from his mouth. The boy watched in abject horror at both the barbaric display and nauseating squelching sounds. "What are you doing?" he exclaimed, his revulsion second only to his shock at the other youth's actions. Berries were for prey!
b l a c k b i r d
41 Posts
Ooc — Delaney
Sullivan chewed like an opossum eating a banana. He was in bliss; berry juice trickled from the corners of his mouth, tracing the curves of his jowls. 

[Image: gLbqNgE.gif] 

He turned towards his packmate when he spoke, finding himself suddenly concerned by the intensity of his question. "What's"smack"Tha matter?" he asked through a frown. "I'm"smack—"Jus havin a snack!" Sullivan didn't see anything going on that merrited Haruki's reaction.