Cricket Creek Bog Time heals all wounds
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Effies story was eye opening, Rye had little knowledge of the world outside his family pack and the Grove, both docile homes with what he considered fair views. Disgust, indignation and astonishment sat in the males mind like a brick, sinking deeper as if stuck in quicksand. Sympathy accompanied the emotional trio once Effie began expressing her inner struggles. Rye met the females gaze, his eyes soft with solace and ears cupped to listen to her final bit of words.

What was there to say that she hadn't already pieced together. Rye had to give credit where it was due, she brought herself out of the canyon and was following new horizons. He couldn't lie, that was damn impressive. "Well," He began, looking back towards the bog. "There isn't much to say but I for one am impressed. Instead of succumbing to that miserable lifestyle you chose to rise above it and move forward. Not many posses the will power to part from what they were raised to be. You are one of a kind. I know things may be a tad confusing now but you'll get to where you want to be. You've gotten this far on your own anyhow." Ryes voice sounded delighted and nearly thrilled but for certain his smile was chuffed. His tail swished and his bottom wiggled from the strenght of his own tail. All the negative emotions dissipated admist the joy he felt for Effie. He was a sucker for success stories, they never failed to make the male giddy. 

Forcing himself to straighten up and be serious for a moment, Rye spoke calmly, "I hope you know that I see you as an equal. I think I've said it before but if not, I'll say now. Without you, I would've been dead by now. You helped save me— no, us from starvation. For that, I thank you." Rye playfully bowed and glanced up at her with a goofy lopsided grin before sitting back up. He didn't want her feeling less-than and from now on he was going to make sure she felt equal.
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Messages In This Thread
Time heals all wounds - by Rye - October 12, 2020, 06:32 PM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Effie - October 14, 2020, 02:00 PM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Rye - October 14, 2020, 03:08 PM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Effie - October 15, 2020, 03:21 PM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Rye - October 18, 2020, 04:15 PM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Effie - October 27, 2020, 01:42 AM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Rye - November 03, 2020, 12:36 AM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Effie - November 11, 2020, 02:46 AM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Rye - November 17, 2020, 01:36 AM