King Elk Forest He said I look familiar
104 Posts
Ooc —
literally rambling for word count you don't need to match this LOL

Surprisingly she seemed to at least have some of the basics down, even if the reasoning was jumbled together. Celnes must have given her a rundown when she was accepted due to how limited her knowledge was. Cenric surely would have told her more, though there was the detail of those cursed and forsaken...Celnes in all that she could was attempting to erase that part of their history...someone else must have filled her in for the white on her pelt.

Had Sacnite been born to the Déorwine, he would have felt differently about her, especially as she scooted to lay closer. Calhoun eyed her carefully, though would not show any signs of repulsion to the act. Honestly, he didn't really care. White was a filthy color, one that showed the impurities in one's family for their misdeeds and lack of faith, yet here she laid with open arms willing to embrace their culture. The Déorwine name did not belong to one family, it was many, all children under the High Elk. Many of his cousins had come from outside families that proved themselves with time, and in the same way, so may she. Yes the ritual. You will have to partake in it soon, but there is time to prepare you.

The name Déorwine does not mark only those of blood. We are a family, though many are adopted into our beliefs. Browns are the purest and most pleasing to the High Elk for those shades match his people. The lighter the color the more our trust shifts. A white pelt represents those whose ancestors betrayed us. It is a warning for the future and a permanent shame to hold until things may be righted in the next generation. Yes, it wasn't a death sentence for one's family lineage to hold a disgraced color, but those who held the punishment had to work three times as hard to prove themselves and show they belong within this family. Through wholehearted dedication, the High Elk may accept the wolf burden and show his grace again. It was rare, but if a white wolf produced a brown child, they would be released of their scorn.

Perhaps the bigger challenge was finding a mate after being stripped of your color. Who would want to wed or bed someone who already had the gaze of the pack latched to their fur? To do so and risk the lack of color in one's offspring would only name you the same fate. In the same manner, if an elk with a white pelt is to appear, we kill them on sight, even if they are an apostle. As for black, that is far more scarce. The tale stems from the supposed sighting of a black elk. It was unsettling, and did nothing but stare. If a Déorwine holds a black pelt we are simply wary, careful, it is unnatural to us, but they do not have the disrespect that one with white does. Ominous was a better word. He had a cousin once, dark in fur. @Glædwinee he was never inherently bad, but he was silent and lingered at the edges of their home.

I'm sure you have questions about your own pelt. The white may be unflattering to some, though as one of the stronger believers here I believe you will be alright. Compared to those with our name, your family could not have outwardly offended the High Elk. If I had to take a guess, it was simply for not believing, but you found your way here. A sign surely? You welcome the culture and knowledge and for the majority, you hold his colors. A smile graced his lips as red eyes traveled to meet her turquoise. If she gained the Déorwine name there would be no protest from his side. There were plenty of Déorwine with a hint of white in their pelt as well, ugly as it may be, they were not forsaken the way the witch was. Should you appease the High Elk, I'm certain you could right what was taken with your offspring. A strong believer is always rewarded.
#B22222 , pawprint, Calhoun's Playlist 5/5* 6/10*, * = incomplete threads

Cal has family members up for adoption including his half brother!
Messages In This Thread
He said I look familiar - by Sacnite - November 10, 2020, 02:21 PM
RE: He said I look familiar - by Calhoun - November 12, 2020, 11:22 PM
RE: He said I look familiar - by Sacnite - November 13, 2020, 06:28 AM
RE: He said I look familiar - by Calhoun - November 16, 2020, 12:15 PM
RE: He said I look familiar - by Sacnite - November 17, 2020, 03:20 PM
RE: He said I look familiar - by Calhoun - November 17, 2020, 05:31 PM
RE: He said I look familiar - by Sacnite - November 18, 2020, 05:40 PM
RE: He said I look familiar - by Calhoun - November 19, 2020, 02:24 PM
RE: He said I look familiar - by Sacnite - November 25, 2020, 10:26 AM
RE: He said I look familiar - by Calhoun - November 29, 2020, 10:10 PM
RE: He said I look familiar - by Sacnite - November 30, 2020, 10:52 AM