Curious Endeavors
Sometimes you just need to die a little inside in order to be reborn,and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
84 Posts
Ooc — Kaitlyn
hello, hello, here you go! XD @jace

Her feet had lead her to the edge of a small stream, Aleera hadn't even realized where she was going until her paw was suddenly soaked. Letting out a small yelp in surprise, she growled down at the water as if it was the streams fault for being in her way. Shaking her head at her own reaction, she took a heavy seat, staring into the glistening water at her own morphed reflection. Crouching to get closer to the water, she pulled her eyes away from the surface of the water and took a drink instead, lifting her dripping maw to the sky she look at the blue abyss that was draped over the world. Aleera's mind wandered and she was lost in the sea of memories.
Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
It was not often that Jace came across the members of his family. He was often so busy with border patrol or hunting before, though now he couldn’t do much hunting. He ambled slowly along the stream, watching the fish swim and play throughout. Occasionally when it was deep he’d walk in it, the coolness feeling nice on his beaten chest. He chuckled to himself, he felt like an old man, there were so many hurts and scars, he was going to be riddled with scars if he kept up his line fighting. He would be like his father, though his father hadn’t a choice he did. He really needed to work on that.

As he walked he came across Aleera and he chuckled as she stepped into the water, he was still far away enough that she couldn’t quite see him yet. He chuffed gently to let her know he was near her and then continued walking into view. hello Aleera. He gave her a small smile.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
Sometimes you just need to die a little inside in order to be reborn,and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
84 Posts
Ooc — Kaitlyn
Jumping slightly as she heard her name over her shoulder, Aleera turned her head to see the dark frame of Jace. Her surprised and startled expression softened exponentially as she recognized the brute. "Hello Jace. How have you been?" She could see that his chest was healing rather nicely. She dipped her head in greeting, with a dim smile on her lips, as she waited for an answer, her gaze roamed the scars on his physique, curious as to were they came from. She had her fare share of reminders from her past, "What brought you here?" She asked out of the blue, her encounter with Shadow had sparked a few questions in her mind...
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace hadn’t meant to make her jump. I’m sorry Aleera I didn’t mean to startle you. He dipped his muzzle to her as she spoke to him. He gave her a small boyish smile. I’ve been well thanks to you and your healing. How have you been Aleera? he grew quiet as he continued towards her. Finally, coming alongside her he settled to his haunches and just waited quietly and patiently.

He saw her roaming over the scars that he bore and he smiled a little sheepishly. He could tell he where they come from at least most of them, though he was starting to forget some of them, simply because he had so many. It was testament to his quick sure fire temper. I was patrolling and decided to come further into the territory. I still have to take it slow unfortunately.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
84 Posts
Ooc — Kaitlyn
"No need to apologize, I should have been more aware of my surroundings." She assured him. Peeling her eyes away, and back toward the water. "I have been as well as can be expected, thank you." She looked back toward him, offering a gentle smile, "Unfortunately? I think not. You work much to hard sometimes Jace, perhaps sometime away from it all will do you some good." She said nudging him slightly. "Where did you get these from? Perhaps you have a little temper?" She teased slightly, gesturing toward the numerous scars, an amused glint in her eye.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace listened to her calmly, preferring at the moment to stay silent. He was not much of a talker anyway. Granted he could be and usually he was long winded when he did talk, but right now he was fine with not speaking. He chuckled at her blunt words. She was right he supposed. He did work hard, almost to the point of tirelessly. He could probably do for a break, he'd been working so hard since he was old enough to do it. He nudged her back, when she nudged him. Then he laughed at her question Oh I have a temper, but it's not a small one. Let's see. he studied the numerous scars that littered his body. The one on my throat from Ferdie it is how we came to be out of the creek pack. the one on my shoulder has been from different things. First I got it fighting off some coyotes at the borders, then I made it worse when i fought with some wolves who kidnapped one of our members and finally it got worse when I fought with Scimitar after the creek invaded our borders to urinate on them. All the ones that litter my sides and back our from Foxes when I saved Leaf from them. he grew quiet then his history laid out for her to see.
84 Posts
Ooc — Kaitlyn
Aleera listened quietly and patiently, nodding when needed and scanning each scar as he spoke. When he was finished she paused for a moment letting the stories wash over her, "My...that is quite the history you have there." She said in a serious tone, "You have earned your honor, and your position." She had no doubt about it, but thought it was something that was needing to be said, and she had a feeling not many had said as much. "Your devotion to your loved ones is profound, and for that I will thank you, I know I have not been here long, but you have helped this pack in more ways than i think even you will know..." Looking directly at him with a serious but kind silver gaze, "Thank you." She spoke once more, "I fear that with your personality and your kindness you will not hear it often." She smiled. "But!" Aleera was sudden in her turn around, "now is time for a break! And from what I can tell, you need all the time you can get. Come let's go for a walk, it will help with the recovery, and my leg is going numb so it's a win, win for both of us." She laughed as she stood and began to walk away, hoping he would follow, "Besides I have not had a tour yet!" She yelled over her shoulder back at him, taunting him to join her. She knew that with his injuries, no matter how painful it was, walking and exercise was the best way to make a swift recovery, but Jace didn't need to know that just yet...
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace bowed his head All we are is our word and our bond and our loyalty, so yes I worked hard to get where I am. He listened calmly, ears perked forward. And He shuffled his feet shyly at her words. He was not used to such compliments. Thank you for that Aleera I appreciate it.

Jace chuckled along with her and he limped behind her, happy for the reprieve. Well what would you like to see? Have you been to the oasis? Or the hot springs? he motioned for her to follow him and he limped towards the hot springs first, hoping to get up without too much trouble. They were really helping him and he was due for a soak anyway.
84 Posts
Ooc — Kaitlyn
She had not seen much that was for sure, "I have not seen the hot-springs or the oasis. However they both sound exciting and worthy of a visit, if don't mind showing a me around." Aleera smiled at Jace as they walked side by side, she was sure they would find a good friendship in each other, already having found a personality that was growing on her. "Lead the way!" She implored.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace shifted and took the lead, heading up the mountain. He had virtually carved a path by this point, seeing as how he made a trip to the host springs everyday. He chuckled as they walked and spoke softly Are you finding the Sunspire to your liking Aleera? Is there anything you think we need to work on? he was curious as to the input of the other members. He wanted them all to work things out as a cohesive unit, and he hadn't had much of a chance to talk to the other members, and make many friends. But he was looking to change that now. His tail gently swayed behind as he walked and listened.
84 Posts
Ooc — Kaitlyn
They seemed to come upon some sort of path that had Aleera curious, she was sure that when she first arrived this deer trail was not present, although seeing Jace's confident direction Aleera realized that he himself and possibly others had carved this convenient path into the earth. Her ears perked forward at his words, although she paused in mid step to think for a moment, until she thought of the right words to say, continuing behind the Beta. "It has been a long time since I was part of a pack Jace, long enough that I have retained little memory of what my pack was like. I do know however that this pack will only gain in strength with the compassion and acceptance I have seen recently, I have nothing to compare it to as my I came from a very combative, aggressive pack." She looked away, reviling in her memories, "I was fortunate to have stumbled upon your borders Jace, I have found a place to call home, at least I think I have." She gave the dark male a genuine smile.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace would have told her it was mostly him that carved this little path out of the mountain side. He had traveled this way so much in the past weeks for his leg, that he could probably travel it in his sleep. It was starting to feel a lot better, he was almost certain everything was knitting back together, perhaps he could even attempt to hunt in the next few days.

Jace listened and flicked an ear and spoke softly Some of us are aggressive by nature Aleera, we cannot help it. that was all he said on the fact. He was one of them, he tried not to be, but when his ire was up or he was protecting he was a brawler.

I am glad you have found a home with us. We are all family.
84 Posts
Ooc — Kaitlyn
"I agree Jace. We all have our scars even myself."She admitted, while she had some visible, there were also many that clouded her heart. "Aggression is in our nature, there is a fire that burn within all wolves no matter how peaceful we wish to seem, there is a passion that only a predator with something to protect can posses." She nosed him slightly, as they walked, "Family indeed, my friend." It had been a long time since she had a...family. And her last one had not been a happy ending, to be honest she was slightly scared of what being in a family meant. "Ah!" She exclaimed see the tell tale steam of the hot springs, "I think we have arrived." She stated trying to push her surfacing feeling away.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace's lips twitched into a sardonic smile, Some scars are more visible than others. he grew quiet then. He had scars on his shoulders, and his sides and his back and his face and some you could see, others were hidden beneath his fur. And other's were hidden deep within the recesses of his chest cavity. Carved on his heart bloody and scoured like claw marks. Those ones no one would ever see.

He chuckled yes we are. he worked his way down the side of the incline and placed a paw in the warm water. Do you want to try them out? Or continue your tour? he grinned up at her kindly waiting.
84 Posts
Ooc — Kaitlyn
Aleera followed Jace to the edge of the warm water, talk a few more step inside, all four of her paws now stood in her water. Looking back to Jace, "I'm not leaving any time soon." She chuckled, entering the water further, only to lie down, enjoying to warmth on her skin. "I rather like it here. We shall have to continue the tour later." She joked further. "Will you join me?" She smiled, knowing his leg could use the water to heal.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace followed behind her and lying half in and half out of the water he just let his paws and front legs dangle. I'm perfectly okay with continuing our tour another day. he chuckled softly. He shifted so he could hold his body a little more looser so he could look at her while she spoke.

Are you settling in well Aleera? I hope so. he grew quiet and simply looked at her with wide blue eyes waiting patiently for any words she had for him.
84 Posts
Ooc — Kaitlyn
Aleera nodded her head, "I shall hold you to that Jace." She smiled at him, " The oasis shall await the continuation of our tour." Her muscles relaxed, warmed by the water, comfortable. "I am settling in well Jace, thank you for asking. Quite well indeed." She mused more to herself, "It is beautiful here, I must admit." Looking around at their surroundings, breathing in the fresh air, acknowledging the beauty of the land. "How are you adjusting? To Ferdie's disappearance, I mean." Aleera knew they were friends, she hadn't seen it perhaps, but she knew of their relationship.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace chuckled The oasis is beautiful too, I think you will find it refreshing to your countenance. I always do. He shifted and turned so he was sideways, but he kept his ear's cocked and his fore legs in the water resting his head on a nearby rock. Not the most comfortable place to lay his head, but at least he was not too uncomfortable.

The next question caught him off guard and he had to take a deep breath. I am angry and worried and sad all at once. I find that anger is the paramount feeling, thus far. He wanted to growl in frustration. The rage that he felt in his bones wanted to make him scream and yell to the sky and tear Ferdie a new one.