Firefly Glen I've been burning my heart out
。+゚☆゚+。Fly me to the moon。+゚☆゚+。
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Just like she'd been doing, Luna listened only to what Holland was okay with talking about at the time, and it seemed that he wasn't entirely uncomfortable sharing information about that place. Hearing about the sacrifice of others and children alike -- just for being born under the 'wrong sign' -- it made her queasy. It was funny, really, how quickly an original tale could be easily twisted into something that encouraged discrimination. All for the sake of being in the good graces of those you serve....

Except it wasn't funny at all -- it was the same bullshit that caused 's family to look her in the eyes one day and decide she was no longer deserving of a life like the rest....

Despite how her jaw tightened, the raven continued to lend an ear to Holland's words -- this time noticing the way he flinched at her question. She looked towards the healer worriedly for a moment,  and then shifted her gaze back to the darkened sky with a sigh and closed eyes. This was fine; as long as he wasn't pushing himself to tell parts of his tale, then she wouldn't force it -- the only exception being when she felt it was necessary, like the time where she encouraged Taikon to cry out the very emotions which seemed to harm him.

"A 'home'--" Luna began softly. "--it is a place that you are able to seek comfort in and feel vulnerable in a good way. For some, that definition isn't always their birthplace. I just hope you find the 'home' you seek one day." The woman did not know if her words carried the same weight to him as it did to her, but her own definition of home just felt fitting in this case. Not as a way to tell Hol how he should be looking at life, but just to offer her perspective on the matter.

Luna sat up from her lied position and stared down with the same goofy ass smile she always wore, something that would be considered uncharacteristic in their current conversation. "This 'house' as it is now, is it starting to feel like home yet? Or is your search for home still an ongoing one?"
[Image: da6698m-a8f89b53-b982-4210-bdbf-0270bf6457d3.gif]
Messages In This Thread
I've been burning my heart out - by Lunaria - December 07, 2020, 07:50 PM
RE: I've been burning my heart out - by Holland - December 07, 2020, 07:57 PM
RE: I've been burning my heart out - by Lunaria - December 07, 2020, 09:33 PM
RE: I've been burning my heart out - by Holland - December 07, 2020, 11:00 PM
RE: I've been burning my heart out - by Lunaria - December 08, 2020, 09:53 PM
RE: I've been burning my heart out - by Holland - December 09, 2020, 12:12 PM
RE: I've been burning my heart out - by Lunaria - December 10, 2020, 01:55 PM
RE: I've been burning my heart out - by Holland - December 10, 2020, 02:26 PM
RE: I've been burning my heart out - by Lunaria - December 11, 2020, 07:21 PM
RE: I've been burning my heart out - by Holland - December 11, 2020, 07:56 PM