Hideaway Strath Nearly lost
261 Posts
Ooc —
I am so sorry I read your post wrong Zsuzsa I hope you are ok with how that went down, sorry…..

Whrist’s gaze remained ever watchful on Zsuzsa carefully, picking out very subtle changes in her movement from the first time she had seen her and there was a very very slight change in her scent and perhaps a change to the woman’s gaze, mayhaps a slight glaze there, maybe not though she didn’t know her that well.

Whrist ignored the others as they entered though the whine from Arlette drew her attention briefly, the scared female was not hurt though, perhaps excited. Light blues moved briefly to the direction of the whine and saw Derg, she made a small mental note and then her gaze was back to her packmack Zsuzsa.

Whrist was about to reveal to the pack something about herself that no one alive knew. She hesitated but as Zsuzsa’s story filled in the blanks, Whrist’s ears flicked to the back of her skull and she nodded solemnly, The black female looked worried, contrite? No there was a mix of emotions she could not place a paw on. So she began her explanation her voice clear and somewhat cold as she spoke of 'them’  “I am sorry to have brought that up. I know of tainted meat. I once not only dabbled in that art, I spent the first year of my life perfecting that skill."

The black female wrapped her tail around her front paws but continued though her form seemed to shrink in on itself just a bit as her mind dredged up long burried memories.
"Finding just the right combination of poison, that would not only just kill the prey animal that ate my pro-offered poison laced plants, but would die slowly enough that the whole body was stained with poison not just the stomach content. That was so that the wolves who ate it would also die slowly. It took many months and careful experiments and watching of the effects of the poisons upon the white wolves. I watched, smelled and experimented with the recipients of the tainted meat very very closely, learning just how much poison to give to get a certain affect from a wolf."

She sighed and clarified “I learned which poisons I could get a live prey animal to eat and what could subtly put a wolf off their game so the outcome of a duel would be decided before it began and also how much to use to just kill them.” 'And then I killed them all….' She added in her head

Her voice was softer now, worried even “I forgot about those skills I learned in adolescence until I saw you come in, just a minor very subtle change in your gait, nothing that announces to the world but just something that niggled at the dark corners of my mind, your breathing just slightly off and a hint, barely a hint of a scent. Something I think only a dabbler in this activity would note. Though maybe I’m wrong I never got a good scent of you before, maybe your scent is the same and my mind is placing past memories there.

If the other wolves paused to listen to her, Whrist wanted to shrink into the stone and disappear, maybe the pack would kill her for the threat she might pose with these skills. ‘They’ hadn’t and they had paid for it with their very lives. Hell if she were in their paws she might consider killing her herself, She snapped her mouth shut and stared at the floor, waiting for their judgement, An attack? Questions? Driven out? Something? Anything? She couldn’t help but be self obsessed that was just whom she was at her core.
Messages In This Thread
Nearly lost - by RIP Fury - January 01, 2021, 09:12 PM
RE: Nearly lost - by Hemlocke - January 01, 2021, 11:44 PM
RE: Nearly lost - by Arlette - January 02, 2021, 05:49 AM
RE: Nearly lost - by Zsuzsa - January 02, 2021, 10:23 AM
RE: Nearly lost - by Whrist - January 02, 2021, 02:17 PM
RE: Nearly lost - by Dove - January 03, 2021, 04:43 AM
RE: Nearly lost - by Derg - January 06, 2021, 03:27 PM
RE: Nearly lost - by RIP Fury - January 10, 2021, 05:48 PM
RE: Nearly lost - by Hemlocke - January 11, 2021, 11:00 PM
RE: Nearly lost - by Arlette - January 15, 2021, 06:27 AM
RE: Nearly lost - by Zsuzsa - January 17, 2021, 01:45 PM