Neverwinter Forest i was packing my things,
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Limit Two 
She was visiting Neverwinter now, well-groomed carefully (to attract the lady, she hoped,) and with every intention of meeting @Aibreann today. She wasn't really sure what she looked like either, but arrived at the border of Neverwinter nevertheless, just hoping she was gorgeous. And so she sent out a howl specifically for that woman- and for once, hoped Mal wouldn't come, because she wanted this chance for just the two of them to meet.
23 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Ciaran was very good at doing not much. He happened to be near the howl though, and since it called for his mom, well.. He was curious, ok?! So he trotted on over. The lady standing there wasn't particularly familiar -- visually of course, but as he got closer he sort of recognized her scent as someone who had been here before. His tail wagged slightly but he was unsure. Should he know her?  He really hadn't been old enough (or paying attention enough) to understand why they were there, that was far too abstract.

But he smiled, a little shy, mostly because he really hadn't talked to anyone outside the packland. And he really wasn't supposed to go far beyond it these days. He was, however, reasonably chipper despite that, Um hi! You called for my mom? He didn't think to introduce himself, it wasn't like he did this every day! Everyone knew who he was here, right?
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Rather than Aibreann, a young boy came to greet her, a little younger than her own kids by the looks of it. It felt, well, strange, to be encountering another of Mal's kids. A relative of her possible future husband, a relative of her own children, but not a relative of her own- like someone she was so close to sharing a connection with. But he was friendly, and she smiled at him warmly, charmed by his age- being a mother made her value her own kids above all, but children in general held a more special place in her heart, and she was much less wary about meeting the kids than their mother who coukd take her place. Hi, yes! She affirmed, and hesitated, not sure she could just tell the boy she was attempting to have a speed-date with his mom. Ah, um, I am Huā Jiāng... a leader from the island. My children are your... half brothers and half sisters, through your father. I wanted to talk to your mama about adult things, She tried to explain, I guess she is not here yet... while I am waiting, what is your name?
23 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
That seemed to give him some thought. Oh! More siblings were cool and stuff. And the island, that made sense, he heard of that before. Oh! Umn! I'm Ciaran, he peeped. You were here before, yeah? Hence the slightly familiar scent and all. So she was Nuwu's mom then? But it also introduced another puzzle: And if you were here before, do you get to come in here again? He frowned. How did that work? People were usually allowed in or not... Or so was his understanding. But she had to be special, so... Did that mean something different? Could he just take her to see mom then? Or uh.. What? It flummoxed him pretty well.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Ciaran. She figured Mal had mentioned the name at some point, probably, but she hadn't remembered any of them. He detected that she'd been there before, and the empress nodded. Yes, ah... back when there was much rain. We came here to be safe in that time, Huā clarified. Well... I know I would be allowed, probably, since I am an ally... but it is a lot more respectful, I think, if I wait to be welcome. She shrugged a little. But yes, it is likely that I will be allowed again. Was he old enough to be the one to welcome her into the territory? She wasn't really sure.
23 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Ok, cool! So she was someone who was here. That was why she was familiar. Um, then are you Nuwu's mom? He frowned thoughtfully a moment, then tilted his head. She was the one he'd met at least. 

Oh, he said quietly, thinking about this. Yeah, most of the directions they'd been given was it was impolite to wander into other territories, so the fact that she'd already been allowed to do so just confused things. Well, mom should be here soon I think! So you probably don't have to wait much longer, okay? He wagged his tail, putting a positive spin on things.
101 Posts
Ooc — suledin
The loss of two of her sons has left Aibreann in a state of constant anxiety, hypervigilant and locked into overdrive as a caregiver. Her remaining children are never allowed out of sight for long; even through the worst of her grief, she entertains no unrealistic thoughts of setting off to search for her wayward children. She has no intentions of allowing @Nuala or Ciarán to share their brothers' fate by being an absent mother.
In her paranoia, she's taken to obsessing over the smallest incidents more often than not. She recognizes the behavior for what it is, and she tries to keep it hidden — but some days it spills over. Like today. The call had interrupted her fixation on the scrape on Nuala's foreleg several minutes ago, but she'd made no move to leave. Ultimately, the only thing that pulls her away from her daughter is the realization that her son is no longer in sight. Ciarán's absence draws her toward the source of the call, half following his scent until the pair comes into view. She recognizes this woman, if only by scent; this is the woman she'd hidden herself away to avoid. Huā.
She's finding more reasons to regret that decision now. Her first thought, cruelly, is that she hadn't expected her to be so beautiful, so confident in her bearing — if only because Mal has never been quite polished enough to compare. He's always been eye catching, and certainly attractive, but he seems to fall just short of striking. Huā passes it by miles. The midwife is silent as she halts her approach, eyes averting briefly to collect herself. Hello, She glances to Ciarán as if only just remembering his existence. It's the first time she's been able to focus on anything aside from her children in weeks — and there's a hint of shame in the realization. Ciarán — I left Nuala near my den. Why don't you go keep her company?
Thankfully, he takes the suggestion well, and departs to do as she'd asked. Which leaves her alone with those enchanting blue eyes. She manages a faint smile. You must be Huā. It's a pleasure to finally meet you.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
When Huā first sees Aibreann, she is not particularly struck by her coloration nor her markings; she lacked the lovely merle coat of Mal's or the blue slate of Nukilik that reminded her of the stormy sea. What did catch her attention was her eyes- round and wide. Warm femininity, like a flickering candle or sunlight scattered through tree leaves. Gentle features, a slim figure. She was not an ethereal lavender or white, but she was beautiful, and everything about her seemed so ladylike that Huā was impressed. She stood a little higher than the empress, though most wolves did, but she was not so tall as to intimidate, and rather Huā felt something she had not expected- nervousness. Like she was about to take a test. 

The empress scarcely notices as the boy departs, too caught up on observing Aibreann. She realized it might be too obvious that she was giving her a once, twice-over, and turned her gaze fully back to those lamplight eyes. Yes, ah, hi... Aibreann. I am Huā, as you know. A pleasure to know you as well... I hope we can become... well-acquainted.

So... tell me about yourself, if you wish?