Ouroboros Spine A cage for your own bird?
208 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
The man spoke of his task: to hunt for the remaining survivors on the mountain. Yet it was a task that led him nowhere, as by his own admission he had found nothing. Raimo felt an empathetic sadness upon hearing the news; competing with that was a sense of satisfaction, for it meant that the women were truly alone, and his presence could progress from tolerated to wanted. Or so he thought.

I came to them after, Raimo explained as he answered the questions. They asked the wind for help and I heard the call. He was quite proud of himself for that; how fortuitous that he would be lured in to the mountain range by that flash of light, and then given a purpose, a home. He was, to some degree, thankful for the fall of the mountain.

I have been hunting for them since. The meat I bring warms their bellies and, I hope, melts their hearts. But I imagine their sadness will linger no matter what I do. For a moment Raimo paused, thoughtful. He turned the questions back upon the stranger then. I fear that telling them the truth, that you were not successful, will hurt them. Perhaps it is better to wait until their songs are sung?
Messages In This Thread
A cage for your own bird? - by Raimo - February 24, 2021, 02:40 PM
RE: A cage for your own bird? - by Adrastus - February 25, 2021, 01:46 PM
RE: A cage for your own bird? - by Raimo - February 26, 2021, 02:47 PM
RE: A cage for your own bird? - by Adrastus - February 26, 2021, 03:37 PM
RE: A cage for your own bird? - by Raimo - February 26, 2021, 05:42 PM
RE: A cage for your own bird? - by Adrastus - February 26, 2021, 05:57 PM
RE: A cage for your own bird? - by Raimo - February 26, 2021, 06:51 PM
RE: A cage for your own bird? - by Adrastus - February 27, 2021, 05:41 PM
RE: A cage for your own bird? - by Raimo - March 04, 2021, 12:27 PM
RE: A cage for your own bird? - by Adrastus - March 04, 2021, 12:50 PM
RE: A cage for your own bird? - by Raimo - March 08, 2021, 02:43 PM