Duskfire Glacier Failures are inevitable [M]
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
My post got deleted in its entirety, all 1000 or so words from just pressing backspace. As a result this is a little rushed and garbage. Lmk if I need to change something.

Important edit; I accidentally gave an exact number of pups, which Rye wouldn't know, that was just my brain being a dumby dumb!! But I fixed it, so crisis averted

Rye laid against the the wall of rock and dirt, his breathing steady but shaky as he tried to settle his fears and regain composure. The task at hand was strenuous, as his lungs fill with air they stretched the surrounding flesh and sent wave after wave of pain shooting through his side. Capturing his composure was no easy task either, the worst of his fears hammered his brain and quickened his breathing. It led to a vicious cycle of pain and more fear. Rye needed to look again, settle the chaos with firm answers. Despite the blaring alarms in his head that said not to look, the male looked again. His head moving to give his right eye the best view it could manage without disrupting the wound more. Alas, his movements aggravated the long cut and sent sparks of pain ripping through his flank but the view earned was enough to see the damage in greater detail. The cut in his shoulder appeared deeper than the remaining laceration and if Rye did have a better view he would be able to see the cut did not penetrate through to muscle. It wasn't as bad as it felt but his shoulder still bled and he still needed to climb out of the pit without causing himself further injury; but the pain, it was excruciating. Rye rested his head back onto the wall, tawny eyes sealed behind clenched lids. Whispered curses flowed from his lips, he felt foolish for letting a fox get the better of him. What would the others think of him? Rye couldn't let anyone see him but he had to get out quick, no matter the pain it caused him. He was ready, but then he heard something. Footsteps, and fast in pace. Was the fox coming back to rub Ryes failures in his own face?
No, it was worse. His pregnant packmate, Tzila popped her head over the edge with wide eyes and full of panic. Rye shared the look on her face and as she lifted her head to call for others it changed from panicked, to horrified. The color drained from his face and all he could do was stare into the distance, thinking about how much of an idiot he was. Then Tzila deposited the moss and Rye quickly recoiled away from her, other sharp rocks stabbing into his back but not puncturing it, and again he recoiled back to her. Meeting her soft nudge half way. If the pain from the moss deposit had not already consumed him, Rye would be quite grateful to be consoled and would offer his own nudge in return. Then suddenly another head popped over the edge, it was Lane who was quickly followed up by Imaq, they both hopped into the sharp pit. Three females, two pregnant, all trying to tend to his wounds even though Rye knew he didn't deserve it in the slightest.
"No, don't touch me Tzila. You neither Lane. Imaq that includes you too." Rye scooted back as far and as best he could with one good remaining shoulder, "You both," His eyes darted between Lane and Tzila while speaking, leaving poor Imaq to be excluded from his outburst. "Should NOT be down here and you both know damn well why you shouldn't! I will not let either of you touch me until you get out of this stupid pit!" Although Rye was angry, he wasn't mad at them for trying to help but rather the fact they would risk themselves and pups for him. He didn't see all the lives in the pit as something worth risking to help one life, didn't matter they were only a few weeks into pregnancy, Rye wasn't going to let it slide. 
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Messages In This Thread
Failures are inevitable [M] - by Rye - May 09, 2021, 06:50 PM
RE: Failures are inevitable [M] - by RIP Tzila - May 10, 2021, 12:04 AM
RE: Failures are inevitable [M] - by Lane - May 10, 2021, 09:13 AM
RE: Failures are inevitable [M] - by Imaq - May 10, 2021, 04:41 PM
RE: Failures are inevitable [M] - by Rye - May 10, 2021, 09:43 PM
RE: Failures are inevitable [M] - by RIP Tzila - May 17, 2021, 04:08 PM
RE: Failures are inevitable [M] - by Lane - May 19, 2021, 03:08 PM
RE: Failures are inevitable [M] - by Imaq - May 31, 2021, 06:33 PM
RE: Failures are inevitable [M] - by Rye - June 06, 2021, 04:42 PM