Noctisardor Bypass 1 "They're not as big as I thought they'd be."
9 Posts
Ooc —
The rabbit recoiled when he was finished his assessment. If it wasn't one of his kind he did not know what else it was, or if it was dangerous. The noises coming from it seemed harmless too - until it barked. That sound sent a shiver through his entire body and empowered a sudden hop backwards.

Right in to Grandmother, who held herself upright with her lost holly stick. The rabbit let out a panicked squeak and twisted to face her, one long hind leg raised up and ready to defend himself.

《Boy, are you going to kick a poor old lady? What has gotten in to you.》 Trust a rabbit to lose their nerve so easily; Grandmother was not impressed.

You! You left me with this! This... thing!The rabbit was incredulous. Even Grandmother could hear the exasperation in his voice, the way his heart was spazzing in his chest. He gripped at his belly a moment. What do we do? It needs help. If it is warren-folk then I must rescue it --

《You will do no such thing!》 Grandmother snapped. She planted her walking stick down hard against the dirt so that the sound would carry. The rabbit was out of sorts; she knew better than to pilfer the children of dogs.

《Go to it, and put it back. No - don't give me that look - it needs to go back. Our presence has disrupted things here.》 The rabbit looked positively green. But, as Grandmother raised her stick again, he turned and attended to the child.

After hopping back over to it, he positioned himself so that he could usher the child with a few pats and tugs, trying to make it turn around. He grumbled every so often as he did this, not wanting to touch little Druid at all.
*Low Speech (that of lesser creatures) denoted by 《these》!
Messages In This Thread
RE: 1 "They're not as big as I thought they'd be." - by Grandmother - May 27, 2021, 04:42 PM