Ouroboros Spine xlvvi. ringing in my head, when you broke my chest
165 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Rather than be rational, his wife chose to sing out and proclaim her hysteria to the world. Adrastus did not roll his eyes as it wasn't something he typically did- but he felt the sentiment of skepticism within. He did not interrupt her, nor did he budge. Like an ice-pale statue, he remained where he was and quietly began to clean a healing wound on his leg, paying her little mind as she fearlessly prattled on about taking the children away. A moment ago she had said she would allow him to be with the children so long as he adopted his point of view- and he did not like being manipulated. Now, she was forbidding him from seeing them. She commented on his manners.

One eyebrow raised.

If he knew the expression of the pot calling the kettle black, he might've quoted it.

Still believing her to be over-emotional from both his return and the childbirth, be remained where he was, aware that others would show up soon. Probably the fiery female who had met him and nearly lunged at him at the borders. Such high tempers there were here now. Perhaps it was the influence of the male Kukutux had taken as her mate. Perhaps it was simply because Kukutux too had had children, so tensions were running high. He had no idea, he had no context. But he wasn't going to get into a tizzy about it.

He took one moment to speak to her, quietly, knowing others would arrive shortly. He spoke with the same, evergreen calm of a towering sequoia which refused to shake and tremble in the wind.

"You'll feel differently once you've had rest and food, Lótë. This must all be very overwhelming, but making a snap decision and taking our children away, pushing me away...Do what you feel, if you must. Your own guilt will prey upon you once you've had a chance to realize what you've done."

And how swiftly Kukutux empathized, with no context, with Lótë simply because she had been the one to call out. Their bond had obviously drawn them closer in his absence, a bond he felt betrayed the connection he himself had had with Kukutux. It seemed he was being judged without being given any opportunity to be rational. And it wasn't the first time Adrastus frowned, internally, upon Kukutux's choices and leadership skills.

She didn't barge in, which was appreciated- though he did wish that perhaps she could see how calm and quiet he was, whereas his wife had her hackles raised. She was the one who reeked of anger and fear. He on the other hand- the scent of his own, stale blood which he was trying to clean from his wounds, and the scent of fresh air. He didn't feel the need to be defensive.

Kukutux told him he ought to leave- but he was willing to give Lótë the opportunity to rescind her desperate plea for help. He was not angry- Lótë was. It was her energy that would be harmful for the pups if she continued to be so wildly emotional. So he waited patiently in the quiet and dark, for her to come to reason and take the advice her husband gave her.
Messages In This Thread
RE: xlvvi. ringing in my head, when you broke my chest - by Adrastus - September 25, 2021, 06:54 PM