Firestone Hot Springs I think I could, if only I knew how to begin
14 Posts
Ooc — Rain
As Arielle spoke, pleasant with her smiles and tone, Seighard realized that she was a bit younger than he'd initially thought. Is that how she had come to be sitting here, idyllic, appearing not to have a care in the world? The concept of relaxation struck him as somewhat odd - granted, he'd never had much time to relax, usually being drilled or pushed into the next order of business. What would he have sat and reflected upon, anyway? Well... He knew the answer to that, but he dispelled those thoughts. They were too dismal, too distracting. At least his recent journey left him feeling so exhausted at the end of each day that his sleep was fitful and devoid of dreams.

He noticed that her eyes kept away, her gaze never quite meeting his own. Arielle. Alright. No harm in sharing names. "I'm Sieghard... Hmm. Am I so offensive to the eyes?" he asked, well-aware that his reflection was mediocre at best. He remembered to smile as he said it - smiling made it a joke, right? He wasn't quite sure, but he did know that humor was often appreciated, so he would try his best with it.

At her invitation to join in, he cautiously began to slip his paws onto hotter rocks. The heat welled up, sending a strong but delicious tingling through his pads, then his toes, then his ankles; his surprise at how nice it felt shone in his eyes. "I don't bite, either," he added, but with the slightest hesitation. He'd done far worse than that, oh, yes, but not here, not anymore. He nodded his head toward Arielle in silent expression of his thanks. "These lands - are they at peace? How lucky you were to be able to sit here and enjoy this treat by yourself, undisturbed... Until I came along, anyway."

@Arielle
Messages In This Thread
I think I could, if only I knew how to begin - by Arielle - November 10, 2021, 08:47 PM
RE: I think I could, if only I knew how to begin - by Sieghard - November 19, 2021, 08:04 PM