Firestone Hot Springs I think I could, if only I knew how to begin
14 Posts
Ooc — Rain
"I don't need to do that." "That's fair." "But, I accept your apology." Sensing some of her discomfort, he sighed and shifted his weight again, pulling away slightly so as to give her even more room among the rocks. His invitation hadn't been revoked, so he remained. How sharp the air would feel after departing from this place! Even the hottest summers had never warmed his skin like the water and stones were doing here.

"I've sparked your temper, haven't I? You've got quite the fire in you - hot as these stones underfoot, I'd wager," he said, offering her a small smile in an attempt to make her feel more at ease, as she had done for him when he'd first arrived here. "How do you channel and use that energy? Is there something that you like to throw yourself into, like hunting or sparring?" He asked it in a tone of voice that was calmer. His questions fell more like petals blown by the wind onto the surface of a pond, instead of like arrows fired at a target. He had never been good at any of this - at biting his tongue, or at flavoring his words with honey instead of vinegar. You'd better improve at it, now that you're on your own. How many minutes had it taken before he'd nearly driven away his company this time? Still, he was currently setting a new personal best record for longest conversation.

@Arielle
Messages In This Thread
I think I could, if only I knew how to begin - by Arielle - November 10, 2021, 08:47 PM
RE: I think I could, if only I knew how to begin - by Sieghard - November 21, 2021, 09:14 AM