Lion Head Mesa Que Sera, Sera
230 Posts
Ooc — hela
The idea of food pleased the handsome mazoi, but his gracious words were shadowed by the tension Sayf could see and feel. His large muscles bunched under his ashen coat as someone bumped into him. The fellahin was going to ask if he would be more comfortable some place less crowded, but Sakai's next words were to ask if they could eat somewhere else. 

Sayf offered him a soft smile. I know a perfect place, he answered, happy to be able to sooth his anxiety some. I will take you there and then go fetch something for you to eat. It's not very far from here. The system of caves the fellahin used to entertain guests or have time to themselves was here, and his own den was separated and just outside the event. Far enough away to give them privacy but close enough should they need anything.

If the touch was allowed, he was brush against the giant as he turned. Follow me. It took a few minutes and a short hike up a rocky path before they were standing in the opening of a small cave. Sayf had taken the idea from Jawahir and made a cozy bed out of furs. Light peeked in just enough to dimly illuminate the space, going with the homey feeling he was going for. He wanted this to be a place where everyone felt comfortable. My quarters, he said, dipping his head and motioning for Sakai to head inside. I will bring you some options for food, he said. I'll surprise you and if you don't like what I bring, then I'll keep trying. He smiled again. It was clear he didn't mind doing it at all. And then he turned and hurried away.

When he returned, he was dragging a flat piece of a log, covered with various foods. He had found the decaying tree, fallen somewhere outside the territory while he was exploring one night and had broken a piece off that was small enough for him to pull around. He used it from time to time. When the fellahin had pulled it inside, he stopped and turned to his guest. There is the thigh of a deer, a few rabbits and voles if that's more to your liking. I also brought some of the fermented berries; we've been preparing them for a while for this event. They will make you a bit drunk if you're not careful. He looked hesitantly at the mazoi. Does this please you? he asked. If not, then he would go fetch more things for him.
Messages In This Thread
Que Sera, Sera - by Sakai - November 11, 2021, 05:16 PM
RE: Que Sera, Sera - by Sayf - November 11, 2021, 05:31 PM
RE: Que Sera, Sera - by Sakai - November 11, 2021, 05:42 PM
RE: Que Sera, Sera - by Sayf - November 11, 2021, 06:06 PM
RE: Que Sera, Sera - by Sakai - November 14, 2021, 07:36 PM
RE: Que Sera, Sera - by Sayf - November 14, 2021, 09:46 PM
RE: Que Sera, Sera - by Sakai - November 17, 2021, 07:19 PM
RE: Que Sera, Sera - by Sayf - November 17, 2021, 09:31 PM
RE: Que Sera, Sera - by Sakai - November 17, 2021, 10:18 PM
RE: Que Sera, Sera - by Sayf - November 17, 2021, 11:10 PM
RE: Que Sera, Sera - by Sakai - November 18, 2021, 05:52 PM