Lost Creek Hollow and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
All Welcome 
it was early in the dawning of the new day that nanoq left the stone circle, venturing into lost creek hollow. there was little but ghosts of what once was and of regrets in stone circle β€” things he said he could not take back and things he'd never be able to say.

and then there was hua and their children? or her children, rather. what became of them? would he still find her on the island. would she even want to see him?

time is hazy, the jump of memory that seemed like they happened weeks ago instead of years. the lost years had messed with him. the lost years had cost him more than his memories during that period of temporary amnesia. things that unlike his memories which came back in cobwebbed thoughts passing, nestling back into their respectful places, he could not get back.

nanoq follows the first of many small, winding streams he comes across into the woodland of the hollow where the cool shadows reach to greet and welcome him. for now, this place would work as a temporary homestead ...even if he had no plans for the long run. where he would go and what he would do was something he was trying not to let his thoughts linger too long on. at least not while he mourned what was no more.
━─┄ these jaws of brevity
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

170 Posts
Ooc —
she left tessa behind as she scouted ahead, assuring her sister that she would return before nightfall. antha was always a little paranoid when the pair covered ground more quickly than usual. she couldn't say why. but perhaps it was justified, because every so often she did find a stranger β€” or a group of them. and not all of them were well-meaning.
tension settled into antha's shoulders when she caught the scent of a young male, a lone traveler like herself and tessa. ever distrusting where men were involved, she pushed ahead and followed the scent until she was certain he would be found near. she halted with her paws at the edge of a narrow stream and lifted her head, searching for a few moments before her eyes landed on the massive grey wolf moving in her direction. she watched him warily with ears perked and posture frozen, gauging the situation in silence.

Common || Scottish Gaelic
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
nanoq did not notice her at first, though how he could miss her was anyone's guess. he attributes it to his ever-wandering thoughts, ceaselessly trudging around and around like a tired but persistent misery-go-round. as his jade gaze studies her: she is a slyph, draped in brilliant colors of autumn: gold wheat and dark browns. stunning, he thinks with a small ( perhaps surprised ) start.

she is watching him and nanoq halts his steps, curious that she made no noise to announce her presence. or if she had, he had not heard it. his misery laced thoughts were loud, after all. they gave him no respite ...at least not while he continued to feed them.

nanoq lets out a low chuff: an effort to assure that he meant no ill-will.
━─┄ these jaws of brevity
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul