Neverwinter Forest wiping up the stains of our regret
170 Posts
Ooc —
Limit Two 
she came upon the forest and figured that the group could not have moved far beyond it. she had traveled quickly, more so than her body normally tolerated these days. there was an ache in her limbs as she settled onto her haunches and called for @Issorartuyok, but it was a sweet feeling. she felt alive.
she thought of spring, then, and the spice of heat scent that had already woven itself into the air in many places. the energy left her, and suddenly her heart ached as wearily as her bones.

Common || Scottish Gaelic
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Antha’s call found his ears. Issorartuyok drew his head back and returned it. His voice filled the air and signaled their location. The helpful woman would not be far. The northerner picked up his pace to cross the earth and meet where she had settled.

A forest dappled with snowfall and filled with sturdy tree trunks with bare limbs.

Greetings, Antha, the northerner breathed heavily as he padded to where she was. The younger members of their party would not be far behind. You are swift upon your paws. I am grateful to have your skill with us.
170 Posts
Ooc —
this is open to one more participant still, i figured they could talk about other stuff for a little bit so we can thread but still allow someone else to join if they want!
issorartuyok was not far. he called back to her, appearing through the trees a short time later with kind words at the ready. the witch glowed under the compliment, offering a whimsical smile to his words. it feels good to have purpose to my travels again, antha shared, peering past issorartuyok to see if any of his companions had followed. scouting out a new home for your village has taught me more about my own desires to settle, as well. small talk; she hadn't planned it, but it felt right to delay business until someone else arrived.

389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The northern man nodded his head in understanding. He knew what it felt like to find the work that fulfilled a spirit. It was good to know that the woman, Antha, had found pleasure in helping them scout for a new home.

When he settled near her, the sunwashed scout commented that she had been able to think of her own wishes. Issorartuyok smiled warmly to her.

You would be welcome in our village. Our people would be grateful that you assisted us. If ever that was something that you wished, he offered her. It was not something he would force. The northern man wanted people in their village who desired to be there.
4 Posts
Ooc — Eoran
The call within the sky was certainly an invitation, was it not? Calling upon someone specific was a dangerous past time within the closed pines where monsters were lurking. Lurking monsters could come in every shape and size, and this dragon came in tones of greys and blue eyes. He lurked closer as the call was answered and he stepped closer and closer as conversations were made. The grey dragon man was watching from afar, downwind and out of reach of curious noses he lingered for moments.

Only moments.

He burst out between the pines and with a loud laugh ha launched himself toward the male of the two and his fangs sought for anything of the individual. If anyone was to stop and ask, questions had to wait for the pines were his home and a dragon would lure and chase off intruders.

The lurking dragon tried to grip onto any part of the male and clamp his fangs together with no intention of letting go. A sick individual could be consumed by madness, or one could let it control them, but Krauss had sought the madness for years, hated to depart with it and wanted nothing but madness.

Madness had consumed him years ago and now there was nothing but the fun in it for him. Ask the questions later, talk the talk later for now he was on a hunt, a hunt to chase off the intruders of his beloved pines. They weren't really his pines, but he had made them so. Home was where the treasure is.
170 Posts
Ooc —
the man seemed to warm at her words, and antha was surprised to find herself considering his response. could she make a home among his people?
could his people accept a witch amongst them?
i may take you up on that offer — but there are some things that may need discussion, first. i — abruptly, her words were cut off by chaos. a wolf — a madman, teeth already seeking issorartuyok's hide. antha reacted immediately, lunging for the other wolf's throat without hesitation. she was no stranger to battle, and she would not stand idly by while mayhem and violence unfolded before her.

389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
I know that some RPers prefer to have their writing partners roll for things? Did you want us to do that, or were you content with keeping it to standard 'come-what-may' fighting? ^^

There was promise in the start of her response. Issorartuyok was tuned in on her, ready to answer questions she might have or supply her with assurance that she would do well with their people – she was a good spirit who offered her help without hesitation.

The sound of a violent snarl tore his attention from the sunwashed figure of Antha. It was the growl of a monster – a terrible spirit that had come for their flesh.

An unknown figure burst through the brush, scattering snow about his feet until he had closed the distance between himself and where the pair had been talking. The northerner bristled. His coat rose to a spikey tuft of angry fur. The fearless glint in his gaze followed Antha’s movements. She lunged for the attacker, but the attacker’s fangs had found purchase in Issorartuyok’s neck. Pain seared him. It was nothing compared to the violent fear of the children being caught by this madman.

The northern wolf snarled. He ignored the pain from the man’s fangs and turned his own ivory weapons to bite at whatever he could reach.