Nimbus Summit what is happiness but a word?
170 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
their journey had brought them back to the summit, and antha had finally found the courage and resolve to approach @Issorartuyok about the discussion they'd had not long after meeting. it seemed most of their problems were behind them now, and the wolves of atautsikut were finally able to settle into their new beginning. there was peace, for now, and antha intended to take the moment that had been given to them.

perhaps no decision would come of their discussion just yet, but that was fine. they would have to talk about it either way. so she sought the alpha, heart thrumming with a touch of nerves. just a little; just enough to make it exciting.

Common || Scottish Gaelic
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
All their travels and strife had come to an end.

The northerner looked out at the mountain with a newfound appreciation. When Lane arrived and he was able to meet with her, he would discuss a hunt for their village. She could lead it and Issorartuyok would volunteer to remain behind for those who did not wish to join. The man thought it would be a fitting thing to celebrate their new home.

As the man began to learn the ground beneath his paws, he happened upon a familiar face.

Antha, it is good to see you, the northerner greeted her with a small dip of his dark snout.
170 Posts
Ooc —
issorartuyok greeted her fondly, as he always did. antha was acutely aware of the slight tension in her chest. she smiled. it's good to see you too, a moment of hesitation followed the statement. only a moment. then she forged ahead, ignoring the sudden sensation of fluttering in her stomach. it surprised her; she'd expected to be smoother, more detached through this process. perhaps she felt more strongly about this than she'd admitted to herself. actually, i was looking for you. i've been wondering if... if you might be ready to discuss the things we spoke about while scouting.

389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Antha spoke, saying that she had been looking to speak with him. The man drew his head upward with only some mild surprise. In truth, Issorartuyok had almost forgotten about their conversations during the first half of their travels. The thoughts of what needed to be done still clouded his mind.

Hmm? Yes, you may speak about anything that you wish.

The northerner moved so that he might make himself comfortable, stepping into a spot on the ground and then circling once before sitting. Issorartuyok wished to give her adequate time from his day. If there were things that she believed needed to be talked about, he would not turn away from them.
170 Posts
Ooc —
now that she had found her courage, antha was determined not to lose it. she pressed on despite the evasive answer she received, unfazed by it. she sat down after issorartuyok did, albeit reluctantly. i understand marriage is no light decision. so much has happened since we spoke of it — i understand if you've decided against pursuing it, but she couldn't simply give up on her own dream. but if you still would like to consider it, then perhaps we should... take steps toward that, now that atautsikut has settled? get to know one another better. make our decision.

389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The subject had shifted toward marriage. The northerner regarded Antha with a steady stare, listening to her words carefully. Issorartuyok had already messed up his first chance with Meerkat. It would not look good for him to botch another attempt at courtship. Nervousness bubbled within him.

My intentions remain the same, Antha. My goals are to keep our village prosperous and safe, to make a family here on this mountain, to fill the ranks with that family, and to help the growth of the others who have made this place their home.

Issorartuyok watched her carefully, hoping to catch a sign that she did not like his words or did not agree with the path that he intended to follow. The previous conversation he had shared with Meerkat edged into his mind. She had wanted soft things, sweet words of nothing, things that he was not certain he could ever offer. Would Antha wish for the same?
170 Posts
Ooc —
issorartuyok would find no sign of disagreement in antha's reaction. rather the opposite, in fact; to hear that his intentions had not changed was a relief, although it made the path ahead no clearer to the mayfair witch. she smiled softly nonetheless, hoping to encourage him with the expression.

then our goals are the same, she began, heart beating faster as she continued into her next statement. i suppose i'm only wondering… when you'll be ready to take the next step. to become mates. i don't mean to rush this — i'm simply afraid of this year passing me by, as all the years before have. when my season comes upon me this year, i hope to be ready to have children.

389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
There seemed to be a small urgency on Antha’s words. Issorartuyok eyed her carefully, wondering if she felt that she was running out of time. The northerner was not familiar with the feelings that went on inside of women. The season for mating was fresh upon them and there would be several moons before it would spell the end of new life being brought into the world.

I must place this in your control, Antha. I am ready to move ahead whenever that opportunity arrives. If you are eager for children… I understand, but there are moons ahead of us that will allow you to explore such things. It didn’t feel like the reassurance that should have been made, so he grunted softly to clear his throat and fixed his eyes on the ground where her paws were.

Courting is not something I am good at. I will do my very best, though, to answer any questions you might have. Issorartuyok knew that he had already messed up one chance. He did not think that taking charge of this one would bring him much else.
170 Posts
Ooc —
in her control. what a strange and wonderful concept; a man giving her the reins freely, easily it seemed. but issorartuyok struck her as troubled, or perhaps hesitant. aware that she could be misinterpreting his signals, she was careful as she spoke again.

i admit, courtship has lost its appeal for me over the years. i had thought you would prefer it. i want something safe and stable, and i see the opportunity to have that with you. i already know that i want to marry you, and i believe everything else will fall into place. so if it is in my control, then i am ready to move ahead. but... of course there had to be a but. she wished it were otherwise. i can't shake the feeling that something is troubling you right now. i want you to know that you can speak freely; our union should be safe and stable for you, too.

389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
This was the conversation he had hoped to have with Meerkat. It seemed that Antha was open to the idea of a mate without courtship. While relieving to the northerner, his mind was still clouded with the conversations he had shared with the younger girl. Was the healer simply showing him kindness? Did she truly not care for the courting that Meerkat had?

I had shared similar conversations with another, he told her freely. Given enough time, she admitted to me that what I offered was not enough. Issorartuyok knew that this should not have bothered him so deeply. It had not been the first time that a woman had found him inadequate.

My only wish is that you do not regret your choice.

The man turned his gaze from her.
170 Posts
Ooc —
issorartuyok's admission quickly put antha's worst fears to rest. he did want this, then; that was all that mattered. insecurities could be overcome and eventually forgotten. as long as there were no doubts. she knew she didn't have any.

i'm sorry. that must have been difficult, she knew from experience, although antha hadn't even been given the courtesy of a conversation. he'd simply left. i know what it's like, to offer yourself to someone only to be met with rejection. that isn't going to happen here. i'm choosing you, exactly the way you are. i've seen how kind you are, how dedicated you are to your people and your values. you're a good man. that's all i need to know. and it was the only kind of man she would accept into her life. the only kind she could trust to give her daughters.

389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
If you are certain, then I am certain. You will be protected and cared for in the ways I know how. If you find that you are in need of anything more, please only ask, the northerner offered her, snout dipped down toward the ground. Antha seemed to be confident in her choice. Issorartuyok could only hope that her feelings would remain the same, that their future would be built on the efforts of two spirits.

Do you wish to make it an official matter, then? In this moment?

The man’s dark ears drew to a point atop his head. Would she want to wait a while longer?
170 Posts
Ooc —
she didn't realize how uncertain she'd truly felt until she heard him say the words.

oh. oh. this was it.

antha's heart leapt into her throat and burned there like a scarlet sun. she tried to speak, but the words seemed to melt before they could reach her tongue. the witch fell silent for a moment, searching for the right thing to say.

yes, the only word she could find, soft but certain. a smile bloomed on her features. i would like to make it official now. thoughts of ceremony crossed her mind, then, but in her dizzy joy antha cared little for the baggage of traditions. it could wait. all of it could wait.

389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Then it is so.

Issorartuyok had taken a mate.

The northerner looked upon Antha with a small smile. He had a feeling that his mother would like her, that she would approve of the herbalist’s gentle nature and level head. There were times when the man could easily forget what it meant to remain calm. It would look kindly on his weaknesses, having a wife who could draw him from his worry.

You are a Tatkret now, Antha. Newfound warmth filled his gaze.

We can fade with your response? ^^ I can make us a new one, too.
170 Posts
Ooc —
fading! gonna imply some more discussion here, if that's not okay just message me. otherwise you can archive after you read it <3

and with just a few words, antha was no longer a blackwood witch, or a mayfair witch, two separate yet combined identities she had clung to since childhood. she had done as all witches were raised to do, as her own mother had taught her years ago. here, with this union, antha had created a new line of witches. a line that would never know the true horrors of their origin, their heritage.

it was the dawning of a new day.

the rise of the tatkret witches.

the moment passed, and logistical concerns won out over antha's joy. the pair would discuss the impending construction of the arlathan, and what that meant for their own lodgings. on many things antha would bend to her mate's wishes, but on this she was clear: their own den would be within the arlathan, as was antha's duty and her right as one of the medics and future mothers of atautsikut.

but they would choose it together. they would do everything together, now.