Duskfire Glacier young right now
190 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
A specific example? 

"Um..." Veteran hesitated, sniffling a few times as he tried to collect himself enough to explain. 

"Like, when Issorartuyok told all of us we had to move. I was upset, but Ensio wasn't, and I don't even get that!" Veteran didn't understand how Ensio had held it together, especially when he had been so prone to blowing up in the weeks prior. "It's like no one cares anymore that dad is dead and nothing is the same. I know we had the funeral and the mourning is over, but how am I supposed to just be fine now..?"

Veteran breathed in deeply, steering himself back on track. "Issorartuyok said that we had to move or the pups this spring would die. I don't- I can't.. I don't want--" Veteran did not know how to put his feelings into words. It had felt extremely unfair to him, that right in the moment that the move was dumped upon him, what felt like a choice between wanting to stay and wanting to go had been suddenly warped into a choice between dead pups and alive pups. He huffed. "So now I'm the one who wants to kill puppies, and Ensio's the perfect one--!" 

"--And Heda likes him better!" Yikes, he hadn't really meant to say that. His cheeks burned, and he looked down. He hadn't really meant to make it so obvious that his feelings were wrapped up in jealously over a girl

The stuff that Meerkat said about snakes was pretty neat, and he looked up in interest. After a few moments of considering the "no legs" question, he felt a little more composed. Then she hit him with the "nobody's perfect" question. 

"I guess not," he allowed, agreeing that Ensio probably wasn't perfect, because no one was. "No one's perfect except you, Meekah." A tiny smile edged into his expression. He had missed his Coach Meekah, and he was glad to be home with her.
Messages In This Thread
young right now - by Meerkat - January 08, 2022, 03:34 PM
RE: young right now - by Veteran - January 08, 2022, 03:50 PM
RE: young right now - by Meerkat - January 11, 2022, 01:24 PM
RE: young right now - by Veteran - January 11, 2022, 01:46 PM
RE: young right now - by Meerkat - January 11, 2022, 01:54 PM
RE: young right now - by Veteran - January 11, 2022, 02:11 PM
RE: young right now - by Meerkat - January 11, 2022, 02:20 PM
RE: young right now - by Veteran - January 11, 2022, 02:46 PM
RE: young right now - by Meerkat - January 11, 2022, 04:48 PM
RE: young right now - by Veteran - January 11, 2022, 07:23 PM
RE: young right now - by Meerkat - January 11, 2022, 07:40 PM