Ravensblood Forest Fear
104 Posts
Ooc — The System

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: mental illness/fear/self-harm

Lorelai is currently having a mild schizophrenic episode and is thus calling for @Azarov and/or @Avery Cruor! <3 I'm also now rolling a d2 to decide if Lorelai experiences an episode in a thread!

_The shadows were here. It was not Luka, it was not their father, nor any of her other "regular" hallucinations. The shadows creeped and crawled towards her, twisting around and ensnaring her paws, threatening to pull her into the deep, dark abyss that was her shattered mind._

As she lay within her den, the giant sequoias groaned above, and somewhere, a raven called. She was alone - Violante was off on some trip, and she'd not seen either of the males. As her fear rose, she gave a quick howl, calling the guardians of Sacrarium to her.

_Angered by her calls for help, the shadows snaked closer; one grabbed her by the forepaw, and she began to gnaw at her foot, trying to free it. She did not stop, even as she begun to taste blood._
Physical Health (100/100)

Lorelai is healthy.

Mental Health (60/100)

Lorelai is current dealing with the loss of her family.

Lorelai hears and sees things others cannot. She is beginning to believe that she can commune with the dead.
"Regular speech." | "Voice of the dead." | Visions of the dead.
32 Posts
Ooc —

As told, mindfulness would be present during Violante's absence. There was a second female within the territory; she was one experienced certain mishaps that would possibly require attention... not to mention the fact she was pregnant.

The moment that a splitting howl could be heard, immediate concern shot through the shadow man.

Turning in the direction the call came, heavy paws raced, carrying the body as fast as they were able.

To a skidded halt came the man, snow kicking up towards the entrance of the cavern.

Once inside, Azarov looked downwards upon the woman, dumbfounded. Never before had such unstable mentality been witnessed, nor dealt with. How was he meant to proceed? There was only one way that could be thought: comfort.

Lumbering to the woman's side, the dark man stepped over her lain body. This was meant to feel like somewhat of a shield. If she thought she was in danger, perhaps such a gesture would give a sense of security. 

Next, there was the issue of the female trying to dismember her foot. A small growl erupted; a sense of frustration. 

In a hasty act, the man's jaw expanded, teeth grappling at her nape. Few tugs were given in attempt to force a release. If this didn't work, something else would need be thought of.
174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
At the sound of Lorelai's howl Avery swerved quickly to follow the sound. He had been continuing to carve out and explore the land surrounding them. He sped up as quickly as his three legs would take him. 

He was grateful when he scented Azarov. Since I'm here, I'll make sure everything's okay before I head back out. 

He halted at the sight before him, Lorelai's bloodied foot, Azarov standing overtop of her. He is helping. 

Trying not to interfere with Azarov's efforts, Avery approached Lorelai, slowly crouching as he had done before. "Lorelai, you're safe." He tried to speak as softly and gently as he could so as not to make her nightmare worse.
104 Posts
Ooc — The System
Lorelai let out a yelp as Azarov grabbed her by the scruff, but this worked as intended - Lorelai released her foot. It had punctures from her canines and it was bleeding, but it was overall a minor wound. The young woman exhaled sharply, and then there was Avery, calming her. 

"S-scared of the dark," she managed to stammer in explanation - for now, she was lucid once more. "I'm sorry," she said awkwardly, looking up to Azarov. "Thank you. Do you guys know where Violante went?" She hadn't been told where their leader was going.

Lorelai is healthy.

Mental Health (60/100)

Lorelai hears and sees things others cannot. She is beginning to believe that she can commune with the dead.
32 Posts
Ooc —

The sudden yelp had not caused a flinch, nor would a release be made.

It had worked, in fact; his intentions were not in vain.

The woman was shaken. She looked upwards to meet the shadow man's eyes and offered an apology. 

Why need she apologize? This was not understood in full. None could help certain factors like this.

Violante has gone to travel. Specifics were not given. They hadn't been given to him, at least. But, perhaps Avery knew.

A questioning gaze then slithered sideways, falling directly over the man in question. If he knew, would he say, or would he be secretive of his mate's whereabouts?
174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
"I was not told either, but I was promised we'd not be apart for long again. I'm sure she'll be home soon." Avery trusted that Violante would return in time. While annoyed at the distance, he was unconcerned as he knew she could take care of herself without a problem. 

"Thank you for getting here so fast Azarov." Avery attempted a smile. He was far more at ease with the other male now. He knew that he would be capable but witnessing his quick ability to help Lorelai brought Avery comfort. 

Avery was beginning to pace, as much as he was growing to enjoy the company of the wolves with him here, the enclosed space began to feel suffocating. Not to mention he had a hard time sitting still when Violante wasn't around.
104 Posts
Ooc — The System
Lorelai looked to Avery as he said he was not sure of Violante's whereabouts. She nodded, then curled up, tucking her injured paw in towards her chest. "She asked me earlier before she left what I wanted to do for the pack... I want to take care of puppies." Could that be why Violante was gone? It seemed they would have a good basis for their pack - two warriors, one pup-sitter, and then the Vicera herself.

Lorelai is healthy.

Mental Health (60/100)

32 Posts
Ooc —

Azarov's exit. If the thread shall be continued, skip his turn in the round.

Thanks were given. A simple nod was returned.

Lorelai's space had been violated by the shadowed man. Hence, he felt stricken. It could not be said, though. Simply, the solution is to carefully remove his body from hers — and so he did.

Vicera had commanded I listen for charge. When a howl was heard, the shadow comes quickly.

Parting from the woman's side, Azarov trotted for the cavern's entrance.

My purpose here has been served. Now, shall I part. 

There truly was no other reason to stay. This den was not his own. 

Elsewhere was calling. The claim must be guarded.

174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Avery knew he needed to be out of the den, and outside once more, but he didn't feel comfortable leaving Lorelai on her own so quickly after this nightmare. If he sat still too long, Violante's absence from his side seemed to grate on his nerves that much more.  

"Lorelai, I've found some beautiful sights outside, would you care to join me?" Hoping she'd agree, he angled his body towards the exit, ready to crawl free of the stifling cavern.
104 Posts
Ooc — The System
Lorelai dipped her head to Azarov as he made to leave - without his intervention, she could have seriously damaged her paw. All the damage she had, however, was a small bite mark at the base of her foreleg. When Avery made to leave as well, and show her around, she nodded; best to not be alone at the moment. She followed him out, spirits feeling a bit lighter than before.

Lorelai is healthy.

Mental Health (60/100)