Cerulean Cape At The Edge
62 Posts
Ooc — Sharp
ooc; Want to fade it here/in a few rounds? Or keep going? This could go on for a very long time, I think, but we both have plots elsewhere right now. What do you think?

He was pleased that she agreed. It was his fault, absolutely, but they could pretend like it wasn't for the sake of...friendship? He did feel friendly toward her. She was pretty and that kept him at arm's length, somehow, but he certainly liked her. 

He glanced around, aware at a minimum of the use of cobwebs for wounds. His mother had treated him, once. Along the beach, it seemed unlikely. They...or she, more likely...would need to travel inland to find some. For now, there was the ocean. He followed her with a nod. "Yeah. The cobwebs won't happen out here but at least we have the sea...even if it stings." he laughed quietly, good-naturedly, and went with her down to the waves. 

They could get patched up then, probably, go their separate ways. What if he never saw her again? The thought made him sad but it was just another drop in the bucket, so to speak. He liked her but, in the end, it was best not to get too attached.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
OOC: I'm happy to continue this for a few more rounds. <3

He had a point. The seaside terrain like this was not an ideal spot for finding cobwebs. "I can try my luck finding them further inland, if the bleeding continues. I will probably soak my ears in fresh water again later, just to be safe." She drew in a shaky breath at just thinking of how the salt water would feel. "Oh well I guess it is better than nothing. But I am dreading it." She shared a light laugh with him.

By now she had come to the waters edge. Her catch was not forgotten, but first they had to get their wounds clean. Keyni held back on purpose, deliberately putting this off for as long as she could. Finally, she bit her lip with an aggravated sigh at what she must do. Bit by bit she edged out into the water, just far enough so she could let a wave lap at the back of her head, if she knelt down. She waited, waiting for one just big enough. One came after a moment. Sucking in a breath, she turned her back and let the chilly salt water crash against the base of her skull and ears.
62 Posts
Ooc — Sharp
Diaval hated the ocean and he'd forgotten about that while he'd been with Keyni. Now that they were about to wade into it, he was quickly reminded. The cold, the saltiness, the way it left his fur itchy and dry. Diaval hadn't been many places but he thought that no matter where he went, the sea would always be among his least favorites. 

"Yeah. Me, too." She waded in and he followed with a reluctant frown on his face. He watched her, wincing as the waves lapped against his legs and pulled at his fur. A drop hit him in the face and he realized how much this was going to hurt. A glutton for punishment Diaval was not. He watched Keyni, taking his cue from her and when she ducked down, he hesitated a moment longer and stuck his head under the water.

The pain was immediate and sharp. Pulling his head from the waves didn't quiet it. Glancing at her to make sure she was okay, he headed back to dry sand. His muzzle throbbed. When he stepped clear of the sea foam, he shook his coat out - careful to step away and avoid Keyni - and turned to her.

"Ow." he whined. "How are your ears?"
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
As much as she had tried to brace for the awful pain to come, the shock of the cold salt water made her clench her eyes shut. Her ears burned hotly, as if on fire. The raw flesh felt like it was being rubbed with coarse sandpaper. Her jaw tensed noticeably and it was painfully obvious she was trying her damn best not to cry out.

Letting out her breath in a great gust, she bolted immediately for the shore. She glanced at Diaval on her way, slowing when her paws landed on the dry sand again. The cold water clung to her coat heavily. Her ears were soaked too, the pinprick red flesh wounds angry and raw. But the bleeding had nearly stopped.

Keeping space between them as he had done, she shook out her thick northern coat, dislodging salt water and sand. She would soon come to be familiar with the discomforts of the sea in one's fur, as he knew so well already. "Like they are on fire. They hurt worse than before..." She made her way over to him, eyes latched on his dark muzzle, laced with concern. "How is your injury?"
62 Posts
Ooc — Sharp
Her ears looked terrible. He hoped they would heal intact and healthy. He was not a healer and had no training in anything, let alone something as complicated and useful as medicine. The saltwater seemed like the right thing and he knew about the cobwebs but he wished he could do something for her. A familiar feeling of uselessness washed over him and he turned away from it. He would have time to dwell on it later - and he most definitely would - but for now Keyni was approaching him and he felt his heartbeat start to pick up a bit.

He laughed quietly just to fill the space and took a single step back, eyes dropping down and to the side. He couldn't help but pull away from her. It was too much when she was close. Maybe it was rude but he had no control when the anxiety pulled under his skin and compelled him to move. 

"M'okay. Stings but...it's fine." he looked back up at her and shifted sheepishly. "I...should go." he needed to keep moving. He wasn't going to settle on the coast. It was time to move inland. Keyni had just arrived - they were passing by as they moved away from each other, opposite directions. "It was nice...uh...meeting you. Even if you got hurt." he paused and, added after a moment, "Sorry about that, again."
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
OOC: Wrapping this up here. <3

She winced slightly, from the sea breeze stinging her freshly washed ears. There was no telling how well they would heal up. The wounds were at least from the beak of an avian and not the teeth or claws of a much larger opponent. What mattered was that she was 99 percent intact.

A soft frown tugged at her lips, while she noticed him backing away. She hadn't realized that moving in too close might make him uncomfortable. She didn't know him well enough to know his boundaries and triggers. She said nothing of it, but did take two meaningful steps back to show she got the message. 

"Good. Just be sure to keep it clean, okay?" She hated the idea of his sooty black muzzle getting marred with an infection. There was a heavy pause and she nodded. Keyni had hoped he would stay longer, but would not tie him down. But on her part, she also had a small agenda to stick to. "It was nice meeting you too, Diaval. And don't fret over this. Mistakes happen." She let him pass her in the opposite direction. "I have to get going as well. I have friends to meet inland, a ways south." A subtle hint written in directions, as to the general area he might find her again, should he wish to try. "Oh, and don't forget your catch." She gestured to where he had left his gull before she arrived. Trotting down the beach, she scooped up her own. But not without a warm glint in her jade eyes towards him as a parting farewell.
62 Posts
Ooc — Sharp
He was warmed by the pleasantries and had almost walked away before she reminded him of his catch. Turning, he trotted off to collect it before he headed farther inland. He was going to appreciate being away from the sea but when she told him of her own destination, he couldn't help feeling a pang. Part of him wanted to go with her but...it wasn't in the cards. He wasn't meant to be here.

"Goodbye." he said when she could still hear him and stole inland to eat his catch and be on his way.