The Tangle you love me but you don’t know [m]e
yay! congrats <3 i'm looking forward to giving you ego's 100th one of these days!!

When she hesitated, Ego scrutinized the small moment with the whirring suspicions of a seasoned detective. He scanned her face for signs of the truth; he wondered if she would refuse to answer his query. Romanticism was lost to his bluntness, and he was not one to dance around or shy away from sensitive subjects. The best one could hope for was that he felt disinterested, otherwise he would leave no question unasked.

His ears pressed forward as she spoke, all of him enamored, clasped firmly in her control. What little remained of his pessimism melted away. From her words, he stowed away important tidbits of information:

Moonglow. Lazuline and Viridian.

The latter sister is the injured one. Essentially crippled.

(Marina may be different than them.)

He also noted that their tenure on the islands seemed to depend largely on Viridian's recovery. If it were anything else, she may not have agreed to his own condition of their marriage so easily. He hummed to himself, curious. You did not implicate yourself in your sisters'... frolicking, he observed without inflection, choosing his words somewhat carefully. Are they very different from you? He supposed he would have to get to know all three of them on their own terms, but he would never miss an opportunity to learn what he could about each of them from the mouths of their own sisters.

When she asked him a question, Ego paused only to heave a sigh. I was searching the taiga for my mother, Takiyok, and one of my brothers, Stag. It was the last place I had seen them, but they seem to have moved on with their pack. I was considering a return to my birthplace when I crossed your path. He angled his head over her shoulder, motioning towards the Sunspires. I was born in those mountains, just there. Me and my siblings were meant to inherit those very peaks from my father, but he was killed when we were young, and I ran away because I blamed myself.

Ego turned forward again, his eyes low. Sentimental only for this. We are all scattered to the winds now.

The wyvern inhaled deeply -- straightening his gait and resuming a proud stance. He had nothing to be sad about; not with Marina beside him, promising him a future with her words and her scent. After some time, he glanced at her, again trying to read her thoughts. Why was it hard to leave your home?
Messages In This Thread
you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Cerulean - March 24, 2022, 09:31 AM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - March 24, 2022, 12:20 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Cerulean - March 25, 2022, 10:19 AM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - March 25, 2022, 01:40 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Cerulean - March 27, 2022, 06:48 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - March 28, 2022, 03:32 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Cerulean - April 04, 2022, 02:25 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - April 06, 2022, 09:12 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Cerulean - April 17, 2022, 11:27 AM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - April 21, 2022, 09:33 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Cerulean - April 24, 2022, 03:55 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - May 05, 2022, 07:52 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - May 07, 2022, 06:13 PM