Blacktail Deer Plateau Little by little
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
All Welcome 
Gentle panting breaths, each harder than the last. Thistle was determined to get to the ocean, but it was proving harder than she had imagined, but she knew she was going in the right direction. She finally allowed herself a moment of respite, and settled petite body down. Tail curling around her white paws.

She stared around her with Azure eyes taking in everything. She couldn't remember if she had ever been this far, but she had remembered both Ragnar and Gunnar talking of it. Peregrine and Crete were from here, the healer Blue Willow. Yes she could remember the stories of all. If she thought hard, she could even remember Crete and though she had been ashamed once upon a time of her liason. Now, she was pleased. She had bore healthy children. She sighed and lifted her head to let the breeze flow over her head. 

She would wait just a little while before starting again, but  not long. No not long, too soon she would need to make it to her end spot. The place she was determined to die at.
9 Posts
Ooc —
Lachlan had not been raised to be rude or think such blunt things, but he couldn't help it as he spotted the...wolf.

If she could be called that. Old and, if he was to be candid, on death's doorstep. Had he ever seen such an old beast? So frail and...he shivered. What the hell was she doing out here all alone? Had her pack just booted her to the curb? Too old to be of much help anymore, maybe, but did that mean just feeding her to the ravens?

Good for her that dearest good boy Lachlan had arrived!

'Ello! He called out, steps bouncing as he approached her. Not too worried about being met with teeth — did she have any left?

Wus a lovely lady doin' all lone out 'ere?
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle knew that her lustrous shine had long ago been gone. Her pelt was now a bit dull, and her eyes though still a bright blue, they were watery and she had a little trouble with far away things. her tawny fur was growing gray around it and her muzzle, well it was white. Not much different from her paws.

She was turned from her thoughts by the hollered "ello and she lifted down head and stared at him with steel in her gaze. She was still after all a wolf. Still a wild being, though it was gently tempered with kindness.

Hello. She chuckled at his words and held up a paw and pointed it at him. We both know lovely has gone to seed. But I am on my way to the coast.

He reminded her a bit of Pump, she smiled as she realized she would see Pump again. Soon.
9 Posts
Ooc —
Ha!

Such good humor and still lively enough to answer him. He wondered just why exactly she was out here all alone, traveling by herself. It seemed like a...less than ideal situation. For her, mainly.

Oh, don't knock yerself! Lovely comes in a many form!

But tell me 'bout this coast? Whatcha goin' out for?

By herself. Old and decrepit.

He did feel a brief streak of panic at the thought of her headed anywhere but here.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle was dying, not dead. She had kept her main personality, though it had been tempered with grace. She was still the fiery little thing that her husband had fallen in love with, but her heart was weary and her head. She could no more always find the silver lining. A hard life had ripped that small gift out.

Thistle chuckled. Perhaps you are right. I suppose I have lived along life, that is lovely in it's own right. No.

Thistle shifted her petite self and lifted her head. She felt smaller than she had, perhaps there was truth to shrinking as you aged. She felt smaller than she ever had before.

Why, i'm going there to die, young one.
9 Posts
Ooc —
Humor fell way to something dark and grim.

It was kind of a no-shit moment. He figured if she went anywhere she may die. He hadn't expected her to state such blatantly. There had been rumors that some beasts knew when it was their time, that they'd take off to find somewhere safe and secluded, away from their group.

Was that what this was?

Ah, I see. He respond, smile a bit sadder now. So yer ready den?
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle hadn't meant to scar him quite so easily. She didn't see dying as grim or dark. No, it was a new adventure. Something to look foward too, and she would feast in the hall of Valhalla and see Ragnar again. yes she could handle it.

She nodded her head, and patted his paw with her own.

I've been ready since my husband died when I was 3, but I kept my self alive, because he would have been quite furious at me if i gave up. But i can finally feast in the hall of valhalla and see him again.