Jade Fern Grove Dare I
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
-Only the gentle are ever really strong. -
313 Posts
Ooc — Danni

It wasn't often that Inkeri left the stone circle. She stayed nearby with Sanja, Bjarna, and Lucius. Whislt checking on Ethan. She was always moving about. Growing a little more into herself.

She titled her head and sniffed at the surrounding area. She smelled blood nearby, but gave it a wide berth. It was more than one wolf and she didn't wish to get involved in such bad tastes.

Long legs landed softly on green ground. Eyes roaming from one spot to the next.
Common
Norwegian

Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
Atka's ears turned behind her as the scent of another stranger graced her nose, head turning to follow. Curiosity itched at her, it couldn't hurt to investigate. After she'd padded through the brush for a moment her eyes settled on a rather lighter wolf, but not lacking darker tones. Licking her muzzle once more, she took a few reluctant steps forward, clearly displaying her place to the wolf.

❝Hello,❞ Atka said from a considerable distance, preferring to keep this wolf at ease.

She normally kept to herself, but with her idea of this being uninhabited lands, interacting with others didn't hurt.
[Image: dcm9zur-d3aafd96-e9dd-475b-8fff-3c9c9da5...N13Rk97sII]
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
313 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Inkeri heard a noise behind her and turned swiftly. Anxious. Shevtilted her head. And moved to face closer.

"Hello. What brings you about?."

Inkeri's accent was thick, but understandable. She waited. Paw steps poised. They were not near the circle so she wasn't fearful for Sanja and the others.
Common
Norwegian

Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
Atka was quiet for a moment, intrigued by the accent, which was new to her.

❝Uhmm, well... It seemed this was the area I was free to go about, considering the enforced borders in other directions.❞ She said with a small laugh, trying to ease the situation.

Her gaze fixed on the wolf, eyes flitting up and down. She was pretty, her coat a pleasing blend of colors and toned well with muscle. Atka picked up on the wolf's nervousness, her gaze turning elsewhere, sniffing the air while she waited for a response.
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
313 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Inkeri chuckled. There are many claimed and forming packs. Packs. she winced at her mimicry, but continued.

There had been an influx if new wolves like herself. Then her sister ad disappeared and more were leaving. It was confusing.

Inkeri shrunk a little into her fur. Ashamed f her mismatched pelage.

I'm Inkeri. Inkeri.
Common
Norwegian

Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
❝Inkeri,❞ She paused, a gentle smile on her face, ❝I like it, it's pretty.❞

❝I'm Atka.❞ She said, her tail waving slighty.

Her head tilted slightly, ❝Are you among the forming packs?❞

She simply wondered, not wanting to come across as hostile or pushy. Atka could sense the wolf's unease, she understood. Lowering her head she extended her neck to sniff the Inkeri, their was unease lingering in the air, but nothing bitter.
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
313 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Inkeri blushed and looked down. Her shoulders hunched a little.Thank you. Atka is pretty too. Like a song. Song.

Inkeri shifted and moved closer the next question causing her paise. A small furrow on her brow as she thought of the answer.

Yes and no. There is umm language wall, between me and Sanja. Sanja. We speak same language, but different too. Is hard to explain.
Common
Norwegian

Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
❝Ah,❞ Atka nodded, ❝I can see that being hard.❞

❝Well you have a friendly neighbor,❞ She said, cocking her head, ❝I'm looking forward to seeing you guys grow.❞

Atka took a few steps closer, it was odd to be far away since they'd been in a conversation. As she approached she slowed, eyeing Inkeri, she knew the wolf was skittish. Assuming the cause was due to her past she tried her best to keep her glances short, words clear, and a comfortable space.
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
313 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Inkeri nodded her head. Blowing out a small breath. So hard. Too hard sometimes.

She liked Sanja though thought of her fondly, regularly.

Inkeri approached and gave a cursory sniff. Cautious. Though her nose touched the others pelt. She backed up.

Sorry.

You are settling nearby?
Common
Norwegian

Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
Atka chuckled at the Inkeri's recognition of her struggles with the other wolf, shoulders lightly moving as she did so.

Sorry.

Atka's brow quirked, unsure why she was apologizing, she didn't mind the wolf sniffing her.

❝Don't worry about it,❞ She smiled, lowering her head a bit with a smile, ❝gotta know who you're talking to right?❞

You are settling nearby?

❝Mm, probably not.❞ Atka eyes settled on the ground, ❝I've got lots to think about before that, things to come to terms with.❞

Deciding she'd been to cryptic she exhaled, almost a laugh, ❝Someday,❞
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
313 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Inkeri knew her barrier would need to be nreached somehow, but how she was unsure. She had smelled others and knew they were taking advantage of her leaders language barrier and it wrankled.

Ink nodded her head and shifted sadly. We all have something to work through. Through. But if we do it. It. It is worth it. It.

Ink nodded. Yes she was certain of that.
Common
Norwegian

Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
Atka smiled, she needed to hear that. Her chest felt warm at her words.

❝Wise words.❞ She chuckled, tail beginning to wag.

❝It sure is, I'm positive once you and Sanja overcome the...❞ Atka paused, trying to find a way to word it, ❝wall, as you phrased it, you will be big names in this valley.❞

She nodded her head at Inkeri, the wolf was kind, not one to lack words of encouragement.
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
313 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I keri didn't always have the right words especially not in the common tongue. But she did have kindness and she hoped it'd show.

Inkeri frowned trying to come up woth the right words. I only say what i wanted to hear.

We shall see. There is place for you here, should you want it.

Inkeri knew sanja wouldn't mind. Though most of the pack members were women at this point. With the exception of her Luci.
Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
We shall see. There is place for you here, should you want it.

Atka's expression changed to a much more delicate one, she knew it would be a better option, but her new companion, Heph, quieted those wishes to be with others. Heph seemed like enough, though maybe someday she'd depart, or perhaps come with her. Atka wouldn't mind spending her time with Inkeri either, part of her itching to know the others she associated herself with.

❝You know, I wouldn't mind being with others.❞ She said, trying to keep herself from recalling her previous pack, this one would be different.

❝But.❞ Atka winced, knowing it would be smarter to follow the wolf back, ❝My previous words still apply, I think I need time... Though maybe I can get Heph on board for a pack.❞

She wagged her tail, Heph didn't seem to be one for commitments, but she assured the wolf she'd ask, not wanting to shut down the idea.

❝If not now, perhaps you'll have space for me in later days.❞
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
313 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Haha i think Heph maybe joining Dreven's pack <3

Inkeri waved her tail behind her. Pretty eyes on her new found companion. The offer stands, Atka. Atka. Her mimicry was quieting as she grew comfortable, but it would always be there. This she knew. Despite that she hated it so much.

Inkeri wondered what kept her from agreeing. If this she wolf was much like herself. Going between wolves. To help those she could and make a home. Inkeri knew she couldn't keep saving the strays, that eventually it would cause an issue, but she knew what it was like to be unwanted and she never wanted that for anyone.

Inkeri nodded decisively. MM. I will save space for you. You. Atka. Atka.
Common
Norwegian

Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
oooooh i cant wait to see that unfold :00

Atka felt like her heart was going to burst, the wolf's kindness to a stranger was so sweet. She smiled, dipping her head to the wolf before looking into her green eyes again.

❝I'll remember that,❞ She said, unable to hide her excitement with her wagging tail. Atka instead sat down to hide attempt to keep it more discreet.

Feeling welcome wasn't something she'd exactly experienced with her previous pack, her driving motivation to wander. Atka felt like a visitor where her travels brought her, never once feeling the place that called to her as home, but the pleasant feeling she experienced currently made her smile.

❝Where are you guys camped out now? Or still searching?❞ She said, trying to keep a conversation, she didn't want to depart just yet.
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
313 Posts
Ooc — Danni
if she followed Heph, drev would be like miss me Snow.

Inkeri was kind, probably too kind her sister would say, her mother too. Her father, well she never met him. She just couldn't stand to have someone be treated badly. It rankled.

Inkeri followed suit. Resting to her haunches, tail curled smartly around her paws. A small smile on her face as she tilted her head.

Inkeri pointed towards the stone circle. Big broken stones. Sacrificial place. Sacred. It feels. Like hushed whispers. Whispers. In a forest. Forest.

Inkeri liked their little home, but she felt the need to tiptoe around it. Constantly leaving some of her kills for both Svart and Kvit. Since she was from both.
Common
Norwegian

Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
i can totally see that LMAOO, and she might honestly, where my thread with heph left off was plans to head that direction together :>

Inkeri's description of the place sounding alluring, she listened intently.

❝Sounds like a beautiful home.❞ Atka softly said, in awe.

❝Must feel odd at night no?❞

She sat there, genuinely interested in the place, almost feeling nostalgic, like a pup being told stories.
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
313 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ooh..Dreven is gonna be like what are you doing here. I told you too good to be here. i didn't think he had a good bone in his body, but he seems to like her, genuinely.

Inkeri's tail wagged and she lifted a paw and settled it back down. Very pretty. Hushed. Quiet. But peaceful. Yes. Yes. Her tail stirred up the dirt beside her.

Inkeri nodded and leaned forward as if telling a secret. I do not like to sleep under the rocks under the moon. Feels...hmmm.Helligbrøde..tainted....like I would dirty it.It.

She nodded. Knowing those weren't the right words, but they were the words she could say.
Common
Norwegian

Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
awwh :,) atka will drag his kindness out mwahha

Akta tried to peace together the words, getting a general understanding. Her soft gaze staring her down as she spoke.

❝Understandable.❞ Atka said, a grin reaching onto her face as she continued, ❝I see you being at home in a place like that.❞

She felt the need to elaborate, not wanting to disregard Inkeri's discomfort with her home, but she was referring to the ambience. A quiet, peaceful, almost mystical place all seemed like words to fit the description of Inkeri, her aura and kindness made her feel warm as well.
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
313 Posts
Ooc — Danni
[ooc]We shall see :D /ooc]

Inkeri not for the first time, cursed her inability to speak the common tongue so easily. She was much better than she used to be, but not as good as she could be.

Inkeri nodded her head. I am. Where I was from before, was. what is the word? When it is scary and busy and so much trouble? I was not wanted there. There. Neither was my sister Anja. Anja.

Inkeri had not found many places that fit her, but the stone circle was an apt place for her. And she liked it very much. More so than she had liked anywhere else.
Common
Norwegian

Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
Atka felt a wave of relief as the wolf took her words the right way.

❝Well I'm sure that the feeling of peace is taken well then?❞ Atka eyed her, when she herself went from chaos to lonesome travels, it was an adjustment.

She was truly happy for Inkeri, it was satisfying to see wolves, like Inkeri, finally find peace, be happy. Atka feared that when she settled, the peace would not bring contentment, that she would never feel truly.. alive. However, the place Inkeri described sounding serene and tranquil, yet thrilling. The thought of returning to this place would linger in her mind, not faltering.

❝I'm sure the others with you want you there as well.❞
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
313 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Inkeri nodded her head. it is. Is. She enjoyed her little slice of peaceful Majesty. Some place that was not like she had grown. A place just for her. To exist. And learn her own self, because she had never known herself.

Inkeri laid her ears down and then back up. I hope so. So. She leaned forward to touch the other's chest.

What is next for Atka?
Common
Norwegian

Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
Atka was caught off guard by the question, and Inkeri's paw, having been so focused on her stories of her home.

❝Oh,❞ She paused, drawing in a breath and then sighing, ❝Well, I keep my plate small.❞

❝For now, I'm just exploring these lands, wanting to see all that I can.❞ Her worried expression shifted back to her usual one. ❝Seeing things with the other by my side, which... I should probably return too..❞

Atka felt a twinge of sadness in her chest, thinking of departing from the kind wolf, she would have kindly invited her to join her travel, but would never want to interrupt her happiness.
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
313 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Inkeri listened. There was disappointment that this she wolf would be leaving so soon, but they had passed good conversation. She would look for her again. Inkeri leaned forward and touched her nose gently to her chin.

Be safe, Atka. Atka. Come visit again. Again?

She would not press, but she would like to see her again, perhaps she could make more friends now that she was learning of herself and all that she could offer on her own.
Common
Norwegian