Alpine Lake What does the fox say?
"If only everyone were as straight-forward as I..."
12 Posts
Ooc — Peppermint
Private 
@Ravenrush

Rose was snoozing on a rock, letting the sun bathe her russet coat in light and warmth.  Her fur seemed to shimmer with gold and she lie there, enjoying the gentle breeze and the sound of the waterfall.  Usually, the vixen hated water, but right now, in the near silence, it was good company.  I should probably go hunting later...  Rose thought sleepily. 

Oh, what a joy it was to be free from any responsibility other than her own well-being.  Back when she was a fox kit, she had had help hunt for her family, along with the rest of her siblings, but that was before... Rose pushed the thought out of her mind unfinished, and focused on the simple pleasure of sleep.

I may not be comfortable with certain topics due to the fact that I am a minor.  Cursing and suggestive or sexual behavior (beyond simple romance), even in-character, is a definite no for me.  If you wouldn't be comfortable posting something knowing that there may be a child reading it, do not post it during a roleplay with me.  :) 

Rose can be really nasty when she's grumpy/provoked.  If you don't want your character bullied by her, please let me know and I'll make her a bit milder for the thread.  Anything rude or spiteful that she says is completely in-character, and has nothing to do with my actual demeanor or 
views.
Dispersal
3 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Private 
Raven trotted through the Hinterlands her long black coat blowing in the wind. She caught wiff of what smelled like a fox. She smelt around curiously, it had been a while since she had gotten to see a actual fox before. Though usually she wouldn't be keen on jumping into scare off any creatures, but in her family their old superstition was meeting a fox was lucky. 

She put her nose to the ground and started sniffing, she followed the trail up to the rock. She lifted her tail into a slight wag.
"OH I Found you!"

This was without a doubt a weird start to the conversation but in hindsight Raven had never really **met** a fox before, so she didn't know they could in fact talk. 

"So pretty! I wonder if you'll bring me good luck?"

@Hickory Rose
12 Posts
Ooc — Peppermint
@Ravenrush

Rose caught the wolf's scent and had about three seconds notice before Raven's yip of excitement awoke her.  The vixen's hazel eyes popped open and she shot up into a half-upright position.  She was either too stunned or too scandalized to speak for a moment, so just settled for glaring at the wolf that had disturbed her peaceful slumber.  Eventually, she regained her composure and sat up, puffed up tail over her black feet.  "Excuse me?!"  Rose demanded of the bothersome wolf.

I may not be comfortable with certain topics due to the fact that I am a minor.  Cursing and suggestive or sexual behavior (beyond simple romance), even in-character, is a definite no for me.  If you wouldn't be comfortable posting something knowing that there may be a child reading it, do not post it during a roleplay with me.  :) 

Rose can be really nasty when she's grumpy/provoked.  If you don't want your character bullied by her, please let me know and I'll make her a bit milder for the thread.  Anything rude or spiteful that she says is completely in-character, and has nothing to do with my actual demeanor or 
views.
Dispersal
3 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Raven flattened her ears almost immediately. Her fur puffed up as her body jerked back terrified.

"You can talk?!" She exclaimed and blinked slowly. "I didn't know foxes could talk.. does that mean coyotes can too?? Bears?? Beavers?" She seemed to continue rambling on for what seemed like minutes. "What about prey? Oh Starwolves..."  She lowered her head in an apology. 

"I'm SO sorry! I had no clue fox's could talk. You see I've never really.. met a fox before.. But I've always thought they would.. well my family.. used to say fox's bring wolves luck at mere sight! I really didn't mean to offend you.."

@Hickory Rose
12 Posts
Ooc — Peppermint
@Ravenrush

Rose huffed.  She couldn't be too mad, this wolf clearly didn't know any better.  Still, ignorance didn't excuse being annoying.  At least the wolf had called her pretty...which she was, of course.  Rose's orange tail stopped bristling, though her face remained grumpy through Raven's ramble.  When she seemed like she was done talking.  "Yes, most of those animals can talk.  Don't let it stop you from hunting though  A silly rabbit isn't worth starvation.  Speaking of which..."  

Rose hopped down from the rocks.  "I'm going hunting.  I hear wolves are good hunters--would you like to join me?"

views.
Dispersal
3 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Wait? Was it true? All this time rabbits could speak?  How come they never did?  
"Y-Yeah we can hunt.. though I'm not though I'm not so sure.."

Raven thought for a while. If she didn't hunt she would die, so the best thing to do was to put the animals out of their misery quickly. Not wanting to upset the she-fox  any further Raven agreed.

"Yeah. Sure! What do foxes normally.. well hunt? Mice? Rabbits? Deer? Elk?" Her voice was shaky and unknowing. She wasn't very so good with other animals she supposed. Her mind couldn't help but wonder. She wanted to know all about foxes.

"Sorry if this is weird.. Can you tell me more about foxes? Like what do you guys do for fun? Do you ever chase coyotes?"

@Hickory Rose
12 Posts
Ooc — Peppermint
Sorry for the late reply!

Rose shrugged, leading the she-wolf towards a sparsely forested hill.  "Birds, moles, rabbits, mice, the occasional fawn, things like that."  She explained in a bored voice as she walked.  

"I, personally, enjoy hunting, sleeping, eavesdropping... and quiet."  The vixen added the last item as an afterthought, and with extra grumpiness.  "I only chase coyotes when I'm especially bored."  

Rose looked around, studying the chatty wolf, realizing that she didn't know her name.  Well, that was easily remedied.  "What's your name?"

@Ravenrush

views.