Ravensblood Forest Resentment
45 Posts
Ooc — The System
Private 
Super backdated thread for @Bilah! Set on June 18th, a few days before she runs away for the second/final time!

Lenora hated being home, she hated having to stay locked up with her mother, and it was only made worse by her constant crying. The girl couldn't handle it anymore! Grinding her teeth, she slipped away while her mother slept — she was confined to the caverns for the foreseeable future, but she would not listen. She wanted out.

Slipping out of the tunnels, she crept past the waterfall and spring, and headed east. Where she was going exactly and what she planned to do, she wasn't sure. For now, she just wanted to put as much distance between herself and those god-awful tunnels as possible.
51 Posts
Ooc — Kaiser
Bilah's ears were well endowed, the crying from Lorelai and Lenora's room echoed throughout the tunnels. It hurt his heart to hear. He wanted to help but he didn't know how. Something inside him worried he might not be able to. Instead he tried his best to familiarize himself with his new home. He lounge upon the sunrock, enjoying the afternoon sun. Surprise filled Bilah as Lenora's scent filled his nostrils. He immediately lifted his head up, fully alert.

He rose and jumped off the rock, landing on all four paws with ease, siding up to the young wolf. "Where shall we go today?" He asked her with a smile.
45 Posts
Ooc — The System
Bilah's scent hit her and the girl cursed under her breath, mumbling, Shit! She had only a few moments to compose herself before he came into view, coming to fall into step with her. At his question, she tripped over her own paws and stumbled a bit. You mean, I'm not in trouble? That would be a first.

Lenora gestured out to the forest. I just want to explore for once! She turned puppy eyes on him, wondering if he'd really let her.
51 Posts
Ooc — Kaiser
Bilah couldn't even imagine what it was like for Lenora to be stuck with her mother in her grief. The child could not even run let alone play or explore. "Of course, but you know you can't go alone, and you will have to return afterwards. He sent her a remorseful grimace. He knew it wasn't exactly what she would want to here, but at least he could give her a little time to stretch her legs, hopefully he wouldn't get in too much trouble.

"Would you like to talk? I promise you may tell me anything and I will repeat a word to no one." He imagined she'd have plenty to say after having to hold her tongue for so long, he would stand by his oath, his work needed confidentiality. How else could his pack confide in him? Perhaps he should speak to the Vicera and Harbinger more to see what warranted a breach and what did not. But for now, he intended to keep his oath.
45 Posts
Ooc — The System
Lenora sighed, but she dipped her head to Bilah all the same, saying, I know, I know... I'm not gonna run off... Really, she just wanted a chance to run about, stretch her legs, and see what there was to see. At least now, she had the chance. She continued on her way, leading the pair, as he asked if she wanted to talk.

The girl thought for a moment, and she said, Sometimes I wish daddy had taken me with him and Lenny. At least then, she'd be free. Lenora paused to scuff her paws in the dirt, and she cast a glance about the forest around them.

The trees were massive, and a bit creepy with their blood-sap, and she grumbled, Why'd they pick this place for home? It's weird!
51 Posts
Ooc — Kaiser
The child truly didn't understand much of her upbringing. And neither did he if he was being honest with himself. Bilah was simply an outsider who was trying to keep a family together but he was wondering if if that was impossible now. If the damage was already too much.

Lenny? Is that your sister? The two must have been close, having been their only outlets for one anothers energy. He was beginning to get a bigger picture now.

He rested his nose briefly on the child's shoulder reassuringly. This is a strange place, isn't it? It does make you think twice about stepping inside though. Comfort in the strange. Adults are weird like that.
45 Posts
Ooc — The System
Talking about Lennox would undoubtedly be painful, so the girl just nodded and mumbled, Yeah... I miss her a lot. Even if she'd been a mama's girl, even if she never wanted to go exploring. Lenora huffed quietly, listening to Bilah, though in truth his words were just background noise at the moment. She knew he was trying to help.

Pushing through the undergrowth, Lenora came upon a stream, trickling steadily southward. She wondered if it would lead her back to the river. She paused to quench her thirst, then looked to Bilah curiously.
51 Posts
Ooc — Kaiser
He hoped at least one or two of his words were getting through her massive wall she had placed up between herself and all of Sacrarium's adults. It seemed she wanted no words he had to offer. Perhaps it'd be better if you did the talking instead of me, or maybe we just walk insead? Sometimes when was so conflicted silence was more comforting than any words could be.
45 Posts
Ooc — The System
I don't really know what to talk about, the girl admitted with a slight scowl. She continued on her way, following the stream as it made its way towards their southern border. I just want to explore. That was why she had left the first time. Looking back to Bilah, she asked, Have you found any cool places in the forest yet?
51 Posts
Ooc — Kaiser
Bilah grinned downed at the girl. My favorite place to go is on top of the falls, I like to nap there. It was a bit tricky to climb the first few times, but I've found a solid path now. He wondered if the spot would bring peace to her as it did to him. Would you care to join me?
45 Posts
Ooc — The System
Lenora had definitely never been to the top of the waterfall, so when Bilah suggested they go there, she gave a joyful leap and barked, Yeah! She never thought she would run back towards the tunnels, but she did so now at a full sprint. She was going to be the first of the pups on the top of the falls!
51 Posts
Ooc — Kaiser
His eyes shone brightly. He rushed towards the falls, knowing she'd arrive without difficulty. He quickly found the spot that he had used as step, that would lead to the gentle slope up to the falls. He grinned brightly at the girl. Let's climb!
45 Posts
Ooc — The System
At the falls, Lenora looked up, trying to gauge the distance from the ground to the top. It looked a fair height, and for but half a moment, she felt nervous. But then, Bilah showed her the way up, and she began to climb after him, paying attention to where he put his paws. The last thing they needed was for one of them to slip and fall. Soon enough, they were at the top, and Lenora celebrated by letting out a gleeful howl. Looking to Bilah, grinning, she said, Thanks for showing me this.

Fade? <3
51 Posts
Ooc — Kaiser
Bilah wasted patiently, he was poised and ready to grab the pup at a moments notice should she slip. Fortunately they made it to the top without incident, which he was confident they would. He smiled triumphantly at her. He was always at peace on top of the falls, and would be grateful to rest here as long as she would, and they were in full sight of the caverns if anyone came looking for her they could quickly go home. He smiled at the little loophole he made.